• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lost

well for one thing Rousseau doesn't seem to remember Jin, so either he changed the past, or else that occurred on an alternate timeline.

I get what you are saying BB about the pilot ending up being the shows ending, we call that the loop theory, but how can the show be going backwards, when all the stuff that happens at least in the first season is obviously in chronological order, such as Boone dying. how could he be dead and then not die later on in the next episode?

Ok, so are we assuming that the smoke monster and Jacob are the same thing or at least different manifestations of the same entity? So it makes sense that it would take the form of Christian Shepard to talk to Claire because of their relationship, but why would he appear that way to John, who has no relationship with him and we learned doesn't even know who he is? That's what has really stumped me.

I figured that Jin was alive, and Mrs. Hawking was pretty obvious too. The thing that was most interesting to me was seeing that somehow contact with the smoke monster caused the french people to turn against each other (revealed as the previously unknown "sickness"). I can't figure out that one, but we have even more of a connection between the Temple and the monster.

One more thing- Charlotte is Widmore's daughter? what do you think?

PS. someone just suggested to me that Miles is Dr. Candles' (the guy from the orientation films) kid that we saw in the season premier. intervesting.

PS. someone just suggested to me that Miles is Dr. Candles' (the guy from the orientation films) kid that we saw in the season premier. intervesting.
I've never heard of that, but it could be possible. But do we need it to be? I like these *character connections* better when they seem thought out..we haven't seen much from Miles on the island. I know he has paranormal abilities..basically he's some sort of psychic but he hasn't really done much. He's the only one of the Frieghters that isn't annoying. Charlotte and Faraday annoy the shit out of me.

well for one thing Rousseau doesn't seem to remember Jin, so either he changed the past, or else that occurred on an alternate timeline.

I get what you are saying BB about the pilot ending up being the shows ending, we call that the loop theory, but how can the show be going backwards, when all the stuff that happens at least in the first season is obviously in chronological order, such as Boone dying. how could he be dead and then not die later on in the next episode?

Ok, so are we assuming that the smoke monster and Jacob are the same thing or at least different manifestations of the same entity? So it makes sense that it would take the form of Christian Shepard to talk to Claire because of their relationship, but why would he appear that way to John, who has no relationship with him and we learned doesn't even know who he is? That's what has really stumped me.

I figured that Jin was alive, and Mrs. Hawking was pretty obvious too. The thing that was most interesting to me was seeing that somehow contact with the smoke monster caused the french people to turn against each other (revealed as the previously unknown "sickness"). I can't figure out that one, but we have even more of a connection between the Temple and the monster.

One more thing- Charlotte is Widmore's daughter? what do you think?
I don't think they still know that the hell the smoke monster is. You're right though...Rousseau in Season 1 said her team got sick and we were led to believe it was from ISLAND VIRUS, which seemed to fit why Swan Station people wear the Yellow suits--for protection from ISLAND VIRUS. I also thought that the "Others" dressed up as island zombies because they wanted to give off the impression that they had ISLAND VIRUS to strangers...

The fact that the Frenchies saw ol' Smoky and it drove them "insane" basically, from what we could tell, doesn't seem to jive with how Smoky affected Mr. Eko and Locke back in Season...2?

Jin did come up to Rousseau's party "back in time," so that's why she didn't know him. Apparently, Rousseau was 14 when she was preggers:eek: Damn that actress that played "Young Rousseau" was "young looking" to me....

I think it would be very interesting if Charlotte was Widmore's daughter. Charlotte is younger than Penny, so we still need that relationship fleshed out a bit though...

i am officially lost when i watch this show now i hope that it gets better c'mon time travel what next little green space men

while they have never specifically said so, the shows writers have implied that it would not feature involvement with extraterrestrials. the subject was brought up on the show as well in a sarcastic remark by Sawyer.

Lost has just gone off now...wait...it went off the day Mr Eko got killed by some friggen black cloud of smoke!

I don't think we need to "dig deep" into the show anymore. Let's just "let it be" and enjoy the ride. Can they *really* explain why the Oceanic 6 need to "come back" to the island for the island to stop with the timebenders? Can they really explain that? Probably not, but who cares....let's just enjoy the crazyness of seeing past events play out again or for the first time...

Interesting that the time benders don't jump FORWARD, eh? Maybe they could jump to the FINAL EPISODE and save us 2 years of viewing!!!!!

yeah, it seems that a lot of people find this season very confusing. Odd, because I found it quite easy to follow and in fact I think it's too simplistic and straightforward in it's presentation of some story elements that have been alluded to/hinted at for four seasons and then "explained" in one five minute scene.

what happened to Rousseau's crew? They got pulled under the temple by the smoke monster, turned evil and then she shot them and hung out in the jungle for the next 16 years. that's it then? oh, ok. anyone else kinda figure that there would be a bit more to it then the stuff that they basically already told us verbatim? guess not. so what's so hard to follow about that?

^^
That Rousseau/Smoke Monster connection was very disappointing. The Smoke Monster just needs to go away. It brings the show down...

In the pilot episode, the "pilot" got munched by a CREATURE, some sort of dinosaur-type creature. I wish they actually made it into a beast of some sort...maybe a giant Polar Bear? Anything but this stupid Smoke Monster....

I did want to have a Rousseau backstory at one point. It NOW seems like her team was tracking a "looping message" as well, so it seems like she didn't even come up with that idea on her own. When she recorded "Ils est mort," with the way LOST was "positioned" it did seem like there was a crazy virus at one point.

This "smoke monster caused everything" angle with Rousseau's team seems like a copout to me basically...

I hated this episode. one of the weakest of the series so far.

Mrs. Hawking: "Don't think about how ridiculous this is."

She must have been talking to the audience.

The only part I liked was when Jack asked what will happen to the other people and Ben says, "Who cares?" That had me doubled-over laughing my ass off.

The episode was interesting.

Mrs Hawkings comments about how the island was discovered and her reference to "He" most likely has to do with her "Son" Daniel Farady who must have been the one to discover the island.

Another thing i noticed was something i made reference to earlier. If you noticed, Jack woke up in the jungle laying down and he then woke up. This scene was done exactly as in the pilot episode.

The loop theory is playing big in this series so far.

Mrs. Hawking: "Don't think about how ridiculous this is."

She must have been talking to the audience.:)thumbsup:)

The only part I liked was when Jack asked what will happen to the other people and Ben says, "Who cares?" That had me doubled-over laughing my ass off.
:yesyes: to this part of the post. I didn't hate it.

Blackbull: I liked how the episode opened with Jack just as it was with the Pilot episode you pointed out. I thought that was a cool move. He must have some kind of stronger connection to the island than maybe Kate and Hurley (they landed somewhere closer to the beach in the pilot episode)

I can't say I'm looking forward to next week's episode. I'm not sure I want to see the story of Locke committing suicide. I'm not sure I needed to see the suicide/Blame Jack letter.

I guess the Oceanic 6 didn't make it back to the exact "time" as Sawyer/Faraday/Miles...but they did hit the same timeloop as Jin..

Did Kate kill Aaron? THat was what I thought was implied in that scene? :dunno:

I didn't get that impression, but it seems like a lot of people did.

^It seems like she went flying into the arms of Jack awfully quickly...like a guilt/fuck kind of thing...."I'm going to fuck Jack to take my mind off of killing Aaron" basically...

I think the directors doesn't know how to end up with Lost... I'm so lost in Lost!!

From what I've heard he (JJ Abrams) has had an ending to this show since the beginning, he's been quoted saying things like "Its not purgatory", and "Its not a dream sequence of any sort", since those were the most common answers that people had for what this all was. I also found this in an interview that he did....(which makes me keep watching, even though this season has been up and down, and everywhere in between)...
"What we are saying is that when the final episode of ‘Lost’ airs, that will be very conclusive. There will not be a question mark of the end of the words ‘THE END.’”

To me this season so far seems like it will turn out like season 3 in that each episode seems like it doesn't really follow the ones before it and by the end it kind of loses it's momentum and isn't really satisfying until you have seen them all up till the finale, and then looking at the season as a whole on an overview, or going back and watching it again, it all fits together more smoothly. I think it's because while they always jumped around from character to character that was the start of having basically two separate storylines that didn't connect to each other until most of the way through it.

well at least I hope it turns out like that, because the first part feels that way right now and it would suck if it never changed.

it was a little bit like that in season 4, but for the most part I felt that it was on the same level as season 2, where each episode just built on the last and you didn't really feel distracted or like you were suddenly taken out of one train of thought and put onto another each week.

well, so while I've given those descriptions I guess I might as well give my impression of season 1. each episode kind of seemed self-contained, and it always resolved leaving you with no idea of what the hell is going on. That was the best one. So the order for me of best to worst is 1,2,4,3, and 5.

Interesting discovery with the last episode.

In the first/pilot episode of the series Christian Sheppard was in a coffin on the crashed Oceanic plane. Then Christian Sheppard started appearing "alive" on the island.

In the last episode Locke was in a coffin on the crashed plane. Now Locke appears "alive" on the island.

^
Christian is *dead*/ghost and has only been "seen" by Jack, Locke and Claire (who's dead now).

Locke is alive, again...it seems that Locke can be resurrected on the island and *healed* whenever he's injured. He's been injured a ton of times and should be limping around the island if his injuries healed normally.

How did Jin avoid being blown to smithereens? Maybe he has some sort of resurrection ability too?