• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lost

ok, just watched "cabin fever". I was having a Lost mini-marathon and I have to stay away from this thread all weekend.

Did I call that one or what?

Also, just for the record

the fact that Locke appeared right after is leaning me back toward the Locke is Jacob theory.

Or...

Jacob is a character that we have seen (in full form) on the show before,

Like CHRISTIAN FUCKING SHEPARD!

but what if Jack's dad really isn't dead? After seeing Locke’s dad it has confirmed that people and things really do physically manifest on the island, not just in the psyche's of the survivors.

I always kinda suspected he had a lot more to do with it then was shown, given the fact that he has connections to so many characters, by far above any other secondary character on the show.

I wrote some stuff about Time Travel and a theory about Regina (Zoe Bell's character.) But it doesn't really seem to be so important now. maybe i'll post it later on when we don't have anything else to talk about. assuming it doesn't get disproven by then. I'll just say that the 3 days time differential seems to be about the standard deviation.

So yeah, Richard Alpert. definitely immortal.

Now I don't know about Mr. Abbadon. Based on him talking to Naomi and Hurley in the nut house, I always figured that he worked for Widmore. I don't recall ever seeing him on the Island with the Others. Also that scene with Locke was maybe, what, five years ago? Doesn't necessarily indicate any magic on his part.

With Claire and the psychic, and to a lesser degree Hurley and the numbers, it showed that there was some magical/metaphysical connections to them being involved in the crash of 815. Obviously the notion of fate is a central concept to the show. But this thing with Locke seems to clearly imply that Widmore/Dharma/Others worked to set events in motion to ensure that Locke specifically (and everyone else by association) ended up on the Island. That is something that I think most of us long since suspected, as the coincidences are a little bit too convenient to be just that.

If you look carefully you can see Jack's appendix scar in the Pilot episode on his right side (duhh) when Kate is stitching him up. That tells me either that Jack's body can either move in time with either him being aware of this or not or that Matthew Fox (Jack) had his appendix removed in real life and they forgot to edit that out in the show.

Also when Locke said move the island, i thought of the 1967 Dr. Doolittle and how they had to move that island and that island was on a snails back.

The appendix comes out from the patient's lower right front side (right above the hip.) Kate stitched Jack up on his lower left back..really his back left side. I don't remember if they took Jack's appendix out from the correct side. I have to think they got that detail right.

I thought last week's Lost was awesome...I'm bummed about having to wait another week for the finale!

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
The last few episodes were awesome.
So its december 30, 2004- day 100.
At the press conference it was said that they ( The Oceanic Six) came to shore in a raft on the island of Sumba on day 108.
I guess alot of stuffs gonna go down in the next few days.
Also it seems like Widmore never will have to answer for planting the fake wreckage, the world thinks its true.
I'm just dyin to know whats gonna happen to the rest besides the six.
Who decided to stay, who had to stay,who may have been killed, ect., and why only the six were able to leave.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
My predictions. BUt I hope not all true.
DEsmond- dead
Juliet- dead or forced to stay
Jin -dead
Locke-stayed
Sawyer-Stayed
Rose and Bernard-Stayed
Michael- Dead
Frank, Daniel,Miles, Charlotte- Stayed or some are dead

that seems like a fair prediction. I really hope that they don't kill off Desmond though.

Re: Lost Season Finale 5/29/30

The season finale was great!

Just saw it on my DVR. Dont want to give anything away until the rest of you have seen it. They wrapped up a lot of open questions.

But I would admit I was shocked to see who was in the coffin.

Here's the link from the fake commercial they showed....it looks like DHARMA is making a comeback.

http://www.octagonglobalrecruiting.com/

Peace.:cool:

eah, oddly enough I was also happy to see ben return to his status as a complete prick.

I hate to say it, but that was the worst season finale so far. it didn't up the ante, and for me at least it proves the fear I have been voicing all along: That they allready gave everything away from the get go. We knew the 06 got off the island, soon enough we knew who they were, and we knew the story leading up to thier departure from the island and (as of last episode) we knew what happened after they got off the island. All it really did was cement in the few brief details, mostly dealing with all the non-core characters and the freightor, which we were able to speculate to a close enough degree of fact, so it didn't really give me any fullfillment seeing it come to fruitation.

Also the finale resolution of the entire flash-forward season was jack realizing that they had to go back. Hm. why does that sound familiar?

I think the whole moving the Island was so contrived and over the top. We always said that it had to be more complex than a Copperfield drop-the-curtain-Vanish!. That required a huge leap of disbelief-suspension on my part. Pretty much all the sequences with Locke seemed forced and unnatural to me. And they really didn't reveal any further mythology.

It also really bummed me out that they didn't make promise on all the time-travel and interdimensional properties that they introduced. they seemed content to just drop that as nothing more then a plot-device for particular episodes and has no further reaching implications about the nature of the island.

You know what my favorite part of the whole episode was? Another mysterious vanishing act- Sawyer's shirt! When he washed up on the beach barechested it brought a smile to my face. I swear that there's a clause in Josh's contract that requires him to be topless a minimum of 1/3 of the time.

one last criticism. it seemed like the coffin reveal becamse the 'big mystery' and it was more important as a means to keep us guessing then it really was toward the story. after it became obvious in the last few scenes, when they finally showed it, I just didn't care. it was like more like oh, ok. so now we know.

I also find myself caring more about what happened to the freighties on the island (other than maybe jin and sawyer, locke how many original survivors are left there?) than about the 06. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

I had an idea about Ben. When he was talking about why he killed keamy he said that he lost control, but at that instant, just a few moments later, he seemed perfectly in control and it seemed like almost a dark humor in his description. maybe he killed keamy that way, not just to satify his revenge, but because he knew that it would blow up the freightor and one final cheap parting shot against Locke before relinquishing hsi leader status.

Also along the same line of thinking, I find it very odd that Ben, who self-proclaims that he can't go back, is telling Jack that they have to go back. What would change for Ben to make him think that, since he obviously didn't think that they had to stay on the island when he told them to go.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
The frozen wheel thing was complete bullshit, as was the island vanishing.

The only reason they needed to move it was because it was going to get blown up by the mercs, but they had all been killed (or so they thought) so why did it still need to be moved?

Locke in the coffin was pretty good, I guess, but it would of been good no matter who was in it.

I got goosebumps when Penny met Desmond again though, haha.

one last criticism. it seemed like the coffin reveal becamse the 'big mystery' and it was more important as a means to keep us guessing then it really was toward the story. after it became obvious in the last few scenes, when they finally showed it, I just didn't care. it was like more like oh, ok. so now we know.

Yeah ok fair enough, but can you imagine the uproar there would be if they didn't show us who was in it? There would be even more protests (yeah I know, people are really sad) than last season.

So here's where everyone is as of the end of the episode (as i see it):

Jin's dead

Michael I have the strangest feeling that Michael is not dead...why would they have Christian appear to him and tell him that "you can go now". I guess it could be interpreted to mean "you can die now" but I took it to mean "you can leave now". Interesting.

Keamy and the rest of his mercinaries are all dead.

Faraday and some extras are stuck in the middle of the ocean on that little raft.

Sawyer,Juliet,Bernard,Rose,Miles,and Charlotteare the only ones left on the beach(probably a few more extras too.

Claire is still alive and is somewhere on the island with her/Jack's Dad.

Locke is with Richard and the others now.

Ben teleported himself to the desert.

The 6 are off the island.

Des is with Penny (and since he wasn't on the plane he doesn't need to hide his identity or be part of the coverup.

Frank returns home on Penny's boat(also not part of the coverup).

The island has teleported to some other location/time.

At some point during the 3 years of flash forwards, Locke gets off the island and, using an assumed name,visits the 6(and Walt, and probably Ben too),and then dies.

I don't even know what to say,hat was awesome.I never really thought that the Island could be literally MOVED! That was the best Season finale.It sucks that I have to wait till January for the next Season.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
I guess it could be interpreted to mean "you can die now" but I took it to mean "you can leave now". Interesting.

Remember when Michael tried to kill himself? Mr Friendly appeared and told him "the island won't let you die". Christian was telling him it is now ok for him to die, the island will allow it.

I don't even know what to say,hat was awesome.I never really thought that the Island could be literally MOVED!

Just my opinion, but the island moving was the worst thing I have ever seen in this show. Almost as bad as the introduction of Nikki and Paolo :rolleyes:

I don't think jin is dead.

it seems to me that they wouldn't kill off a core character by leaving it hanging whether he is alive or not. since they didn't actually show that he was dead, or what happened to the people on the island after it moved, I'm going to lean towards him being alive.

also it would make sense that daniel was now in the middle of the ocean along with the rest of the O6. but it also clearly wants to leave his fate up in the open as well, by not showing it, so I would bet that he got transported along with the island.

Just my opinion, but the island moving was the worst thing I have ever seen in this show. Almost as bad as the introduction of Nikki and Paolo :rolleyes:

We agree on the moved-Island thing but it's Interesting because I thought the same thing about Desmond and penny's reunion. which you said you liked. yeah, it made sense, but it was such a Calvary-arrives-to-save-the-day-at-the-last-minute ending that I thought it was disgusting.

oh yeah, and right what you said about the coffin. of course I would have been pissed if we didn't see who it was, but ultimately it really didn't matter who it was, it could have been anyone to the same effect. that was my point.

edit yet again: also apparently in the "alternative" endings they filmed Sawyer and Desmond in the coffin to try and throw off spoilers, who had already leaked the contents of the finale last week.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
I thought the same thing about Desmond and penny's reunion. which you said you liked. yeah, it made sense, but it was such a Calvary-arrives-to-save-the-day-at-the-last-minute ending that I thought it was disgusting.

I know it was cheesy as hell, but I loved it :o

I suspect the island along with the island moving has to do with alien technology. When Ben went below, he went to the lantern, below the lantern was some weird looking writing on the rock. Ancient leftover alien technology would explain alot about the island along with the giant statue foot with four toes.

Also, I believe Sawyer and Juliet are Adam and Eve, the 2 bodies the Tail section survivors found in that old station back in season 2, hugging each other holding the bible. In that bible Eko found was the complete orientation film for the Swan station.

I would suspect Ben sent the island back in time and Juliet and Sawyer may have been trying to send a message to Jack.

Next season is the last season. According to the producers, everything will wrap up. Word is the next season will not begin until Feb 2009 with all episodes shown back to back to the Series finale in May 2009.

Peace.

Next season is the last season. According to the producers, everything will wrap up. Word is the next season will not begin until Feb 2009 with all episodes shown back to back to the Series finale in May 2009.

Peace.

Season 5 won't be their last season,their last Season will be Season 7.So they still have 3 more seaons left.

a few other people are leanging toward the notion that it is alien influenced, or even that the whole Island is a spaceship. How do you feel about that? From what I can tell, I think most people would generally be not in favor of this idea. I don't like it either. It would be a let down to me because it's too "easy" of an explanation.

It's always been my theory that the survivors traveled through time and that the hostiles/Others were there descendants on the island. I figured that jack and kate were adam and eve, but that it could be Sawyer and Juliet, I never thought of that.

I really hope that the show follows through with it's time travel mythology. According to typical time travel theory the only way to "remove" yourself from the present would be to travel into the future. since you left at that point, you wouldn't inhabit any of the spacetime between then and the point in the future that you appeared. But for pastward time travel, since it already happened and you were already there you still would be. unless you changed your history in the course of your events.

the point I'm getting at is that it would seem that if the whole island time traveled, for it to appear gone to the people in the present it would have to have forward traveled, not backward. Of course that doesn't entirely rule it out, because they can leave it purely up to fantasy story telling and do whatever they want to without logic or causality. but like I said, I hope that they don't do that.

I'm drawing a blank on the shows ending. I'll check into it and get back later.

Season 5 won't be their last season,their last Season will be Season 7.So they still have 3 more seaons left.

They said last year the show was written for 5 seasons and everything would be explained by then.

If they are saying it is going on for 3 more seasons, most likely they are going to wrap everything up in 2009 and if the ratings are still strong then expand the storyline from there.

They have to wrap all the loose ends next season. This show has gone on long enough and they got over million questions to answer. It's bad enough we have to wait almost a whole year. By then a lot of people are gonna abandon the show, similiar to Fox's "24".

Peace.:cool: