• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

LimeWire shut down

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Show up at the bands you like next recording session.

Spotify's free and legal. I've used it a couple times and it's alright for a legal program if you don't mind the occasional ad; you can't download music but you can create playlists that can be saved.

Although I'm sure there are plenty of replacement Limewire's out there of you look for them.

I wasn't even aware of Limewire's continued existence up until this point to be honest. I though most people had moved on to "other" programs.

Great! Now where am I going to get my virus laced videos and music? :(

I remember in high school we used imesh or something. I don't think it is around anymore.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Good riddance. Limewire is a virus ridden POS program. These days it's not hard to get free mp3's anyways so Limewire is pretty much obsolete.

Yeah get 'em at Itunes or something like that.
I still go to record stores because I still really value the music that I get.
Downloading music has made it disposable and there are just way too many bands/groups.
Same goes for film.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
I remember way back when Napster first came out. I didn't use it, but soon found myself drawn to Kazaa. Once I was done with that, it was onto Imesh, and then from there onto LimeWire. I stopped using it awhile back, from now on I just always have a tab open to Youtube and just listen to my music on there, which works just as well. I just hate the ads that they've started putting before all the videos now.

well now the hard working artists can actually get paid

Buy music, or listen to it from legitimate sites that don't allow you to download it illegally. Stealing music is a shitty thing to do.

Check out http://listen.grooveshark.com/

A nice library, radio options, savable lists, easy to use. What more could you want?

Oh, you want to have the music downloaded?

Buy it. If you don't buy it, don't expect to own it. If you steal it, you're a wanker. And not the good kind of wanker, either.

:2 cents:

Buy music, or listen to it from legitimate sites that don't allow you to download it illegally. Stealing music is a shitty thing to do.

Check out http://listen.grooveshark.com/

A nice library, radio options, savable lists, easy to use. What more could you want?

Oh, you want to have the music downloaded?

Buy it. If you don't buy it, don't expect to own it. If you steal it, you're a wanker. And not the good kind of wanker, either.

:2 cents:

You're so full of yourself you just had to post it twice, didn't you?

Conceited asshat!

:hatsoff:

Allow me to make a slight caveat to my above statement:

Technically, even if you buy a CD, you don't own the music it contains. You own a license which permits you to use the CD in certain circumstances to listen to the music. The record label owns the music until it's copyright expires.

Some will say the court decision isn't good news because it merely perpetuates a terrible view of so-called "intellectual property. However, I think that P2P sites like Limewire need to be shut down, and this is a small price to pay.