• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

LimeWire shut down

Gomusic.com is so cheap its not worth pirating music.

WTF??? I am the only one who favors bit******* over limewire? Damn I stopped using Limewire years ago.

Edit: Oh I see, it's illegal to say here :dunno:

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
While I totally agree with copyright laws, how many times should an artist or a record company be able to extract money from you for the same music? For instance, back in 1971, I bought a vinyl copy of the classic album Who's Next? by The Who. A year or so later, when it was made available on 8-track tape, I bought it once more. Still later, it was available on cassette....I purchased it once again. Later on, when it became available on CD, I bought it yet once again. A couple of years after I bought the CD, it got damaged and became unusable. I subsequently downloaded every song from that album from a P2P site and felt no sense of remorse whatsoever since I feel like I had already purchased this music enough times to consider myself an owner of the music (as a listener, not a merchant). I have never made nor sold pirated copies of it....I just keep it for my listening enjoyment only. I personally don't see anything wrong with this.

I agree that P2P sites are, in general, a violation of the law. However, RIAA and their participating artists and recording companies do not have the right (in my opinion) to incessantly charge me money to purchase the same songs I have already gained ownership of previously by legitimately purchasing them in the first place.

well now the hard working artists can actually get paid

Hahahaha, that was funny :D

and wow, Limewire really did still exit. Thought it had shut down ages ago!

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Fuckin'-A, man! :mad: I had procured a version of LimeWire Pro. There weren't any viruses and downloads were consistently high quality. Lot of fucking good that does me now...

While I totally agree with copyright laws, how many times should an artist or a record company be able to extract money from you for the same music? For instance, back in 1971, I bought a vinyl copy of the classic album Who's Next? by The Who. A year or so later, when it was made available on 8-track tape, I bought it once more. Still later, it was available on cassette....I purchased it once again. Later on, when it became available on CD, I bought it yet once again. A couple of years after I bought the CD, it got damaged and became unusable. I subsequently downloaded every song from that album from a P2P site and felt no sense of remorse whatsoever since I feel like I had already purchased this music enough times to consider myself an owner of the music (as a listener, not a merchant). I have never made nor sold pirated copies of it....I just keep it for my listening enjoyment only. I personally don't see anything wrong with this.

I agree that P2P sites are, in general, a violation of the law. However, RIAA and their participating artists and recording companies do not have the right (in my opinion) to incessantly charge me money to purchase the same songs I have already gained ownership of previously by legitimately purchasing them in the first place.

An excellent point, Jagger. If everyone were as honest as you, I'd be fine with P2P sites. One of the things I hate most about iTunes is the limited number of computers/disks/ipods onto which I can put the songs I buy. I tend to run the songs I buy through a program that strips the ide markers and so forth so that I'm not limited as to where I can put the mp3s. I have a few computers and ipods and such. Don't fucking tell me where I can put it.

But, if you bought the 8track and download an mp3, that's not entirely the same.

Meh. This is such a grey area. I sure wish the laws were up to date with the technology.

I fully agree with you Jagger69. Record companies don't care though. If they keep changing the mediums on which music is put on and we want to keep up, their attitude it "Too fucking bad, buy it".

Spleen

Banned?
Pretty sure this is a banned subject here.

I haven't used limewire since I got some common sense and went on to *******s.

the RIAA can suck it, artists in all walks of life are trying new ways to make money aka get away from their greedy ass record labels. I have heard countless stories of people coming into the business and making huge bucks, and you know where they started distributing their stuff? *******s.

How many times have you watched a "trailer" for something, only to pay 30-50 bucks on tickets/popcorn/soda on a peice of trash movie that was way off from what they "promised"(the trailer which in a way is false advertisement, etc).

Alot of people will download it online, if they like it they will not only most likely see it in theaters, but they will tell friends that it was good. Word of mouth is a 25% increase in sales right there.

Every year they report they are losing money, yet records show that every single year they have broken sales from the following year.

It is straight bullshit and they are only trying to get more more more.

and another thing

if the industry is so bad, how do they come up with the cash to fund a movie about justin beiber...i mean come on what the fuck is that shit. a kid gets famous through little girls watching his video on youtube and now there is a movie on him portraying the "hard knock" life he had getting into the business. (seriously if you have seen the trailer there is even footage of the kid playing in a ball pit yet the movie is centered about his "hard" entry into becoming famous.....these people just make me lol