• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Let Me Ask You Anything

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
You may tap into my wealth of knowledge and information. Ask away.

Could depression be the same as unhappiness? And if yes, could it be prevented, if not cured, "simply" diminishing the pressure on our kids, redefining the meaning of success and building a less competitive society (in fact, aren't they antonyms?)?

As someone who is bipolar & suffers often from depression, this question is relevant to my interests. I have always thought of unhappiness as being a specific response to a specific situation, whereas depression I feel is more of a general mental attitude that influences responses to all situations. Your depression can cause you to feel unhappy because it influences your responses to circumstances, and an unhappy incident can trigger depression, but I do feel that the two are separate and distinct. For example, I am unhappy that my car has broken down, which leads me to a state of depression. When my car is fixed, I may no longer be unhappy, but there is not such a simple and quick fix to depression.

Doesnt look like Sabrina dares to spank with the queston! :cool:

... with A question. Sorry. :facepalm:

SabrinaDeep

Official Checked Star Member
As someone who is bipolar & suffers often from depression, this question is relevant to my interests. I have always thought of unhappiness as being a specific response to a specific situation, whereas depression I feel is more of a general mental attitude that influences responses to all situations. Your depression can cause you to feel unhappy because it influences your responses to circumstances, and an unhappy incident can trigger depression, but I do feel that the two are separate and distinct. For example, I am unhappy that my car has broken down, which leads me to a state of depression. When my car is fixed, I may no longer be unhappy, but there is not such a simple and quick fix to depression.

Interesting and thanks for jumping in. But then, if an unhappy incident could trigger depression, wouldn't it be true that a higher level of happiness could at least lower the amount of depressive attacks?

I'm in, ask away!