• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Kung Fu Movie Classics: Share Your Favorites !!

or anything with Van Damme. My friend loves bloodsport :D
3314_1.jpg

bahodeme

Closed Account
On Saturday Afternoon, there was Black Belt Theatre,Horror Theatre, then Prof Wresting. All I needed as a teenager on T.V. For me it was The Five Fingers of Death, Kid with the Golden Arm, and any movie with Gordon Liu as the old man.
Of the newer ones it's Jet Li's Black Mask and The Enforcer

Last edited:

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Enter the Dragon ... Return of the Dragon
The Octagon ... Lone Wolf McQuade
American Ninja
Above the Law ... Hard to Kill ... Marked for Death ... Under Siege

kung fu killer 1 & 2

Cool !... I haven't seen these yet so two more movies to add to my watch list...Thanks :)!!

zdenka said:
anything with Van Damme. My friend loves bloodsport

Yeah Van Damme is cool ! my two favorites of Van Damme movies are Universal Soldier and Cyborg...Great flicks !!

bahodeme said:
On Saturday Afternoon, there was Black Belt Theatre,Horror Theatre, then Prof Wresting. All I needed as a teenager on T.V. For me it was The Five Fingers of Death, Kid with the Golden Arm, and any movie with Gordon Liu as the old man.

Ahhhh....Those were the days ;) !!!

Kingfisher said:
Kung Pow!!!!!!!!

:1orglaugh Since you guys like the blend of comedy and martial arts such as Kung Pow and Kung Fu Hustle, as I do, you should check out Shaolin Soccer, if you a haven't already...I thought it was going to be totally corny when I first heard about it, but I watched it one night and it actually made me LOL several times, plus it had a nice element of Chinese wisdom and a good, although be it somewhat simplistic, moral to the story...( the Special Effects are pretty sweet also)...I really enjoyed it !

Yeah Van Damme is cool ! my two favorites of Van Damme movies are Universal Soldier and Cyborg...Great flicks !!

the original script for cyborg was supposed to be the sequel to masters of the universe...

im not sure if it was mentioned yet, but chocolate was a surprise to me. i wasnt sure how i felt about it until i saw that 12 year old girl going bananas on guys.

her abilities more than anything kept me watching it.

im not sure if it was mentioned yet, but chocolate was a surprise to me. i wasnt sure how i felt about it until i saw that 12 year old girl going bananas on guys.

her abilities more than anything kept me watching it.

JeeJa Yanin is an absolutely incredible and amazing talent !! Chocolate was phenomenal and, IMO definately the best work in her filmography so far. I beleive she is currently undertaking a supporting role in Protector 2 with Tony Jaa which will be very interesting since Ong-Bak and the Protector 1 were classic representations of the rugged and extremely violent style of Thailand Martial Arts !

Tony Jaa "The Protector"

Whoops, forgot about...

Game of Death with Bruce Lee vs Kareem Abdul Jabbar & Bruce Lee vs Dan Inosanto

Zatoichi aka Blind Swordsman meets the One-Armed Swordsman with Shintaro Katsu vs Jimmy Wang Yu

Zatoichi meets Yojimbo with Shintaro Katsu vs Toshiro Mifune

the latter two are from the Chanbara aka Samurai films variety... :D

Whoops, forgot about...

Game of Death with Bruce Lee vs Kareem Abdul Jabbar & Bruce Lee vs Dan Inosanto

Zatoichi aka Blind Swordsman meets the One-Armed Swordsman with Shintaro Katsu vs Jimmy Wang Yu

Zatoichi meets Yojimbo with Shintaro Katsu vs Toshiro Mifune

the latter two are from the Chanbara aka Samurai films variety... :D

I consider ANYTHING with Bruce Lee a classic !

Zatoichi is definately one of my favorite Japanese martial arts series representing the Edo/Tokugwana period of Japanese history...the brilliant artistry of the Chanbara swordsmenship is, IMO, unparalled in its unique blending of brutality and grace.

Five Element Ninjas is another classic film which features an excellent martial arts exhibition of swordfighting and other classic Japanese martial arts weapontry !

Five Element Ninjas (1982)

It is very difficult to say. I will just have to go with my most recently watched. Game of Death is great. The fight with Kareem gets me every time!

bahodeme

Closed Account
One of the funniest movies I've seen involved a man and woman fleeing an overlord by sailing across a lake. The overlord sent a group of assassins named The Foo Brothers to kill them. The fight scene was in the middle of the lake. The brothers jumped out of the water onto the boat. (wait it gets better). Not only was the hero fighting the 3 Foo Brothers on the boat, the were fighting ON TOP of the water (wait there's more). Our hero pushes the boat by swimming with the brothers chasing him. He is swimming so fast the boat is skimming the water. The Foo Brothers are chasing him by running UNDER the water. They all reach the shore at the same time. Because the boat was skimming the water it land on and crushes the Foo Brothers. I wish I can give you the title of the movie. There were more scenes like this in the movie.

One of the funniest movies I've seen involved a man and woman fleeing an overlord by sailing across a lake. The overlord sent a group of assassins named The Foo Brothers to kill them. The fight scene was in the middle of the lake. The brothers jumped out of the water onto the boat. (wait it gets better). Not only was the hero fighting the 3 Foo Brothers on the boat, the were fighting ON TOP of the water (wait there's more). Our hero pushes the boat by swimming with the brothers chasing him. He is swimming so fast the boat is skimming the water. The Foo Brothers are chasing him by running UNDER the water. They all reach the shore at the same time. Because the boat was skimming the water it land on and crushes the Foo Brothers. I wish I can give you the title of the movie. There were more scenes like this in the movie.

:1orglaugh That sounds hilarious !!...I haven't seen that one, but I'll definately keep an eye out for it !!...I enjoy both the stunt/special effects artists like Jet Li, and non-stunt artists like early Jackie Chan and Tony Jaa..

I think a classic example of the proper use of these special effects in modern martial arts films is Jet Li's Evil Cult...An absolutely amazing visual special effects presentation, combined with a top notch martial arts display by Li and many others !

Jet-Li (The Evil Cult)

This is one of the all-time kung-fu classics and one of my favorites because it's basically wall to wall ass-kicking from start to finish !....AND the only kung-fu movie I've ever seen where somebody goes into a sword fight using only feathers as his weapon....needless to say he didn't last too long, but still you have to admire a guy who has the stones to even believe that something like that might work :D....enjoy !

The Clutch Of Power A.K.A Sonz Of Wu-Tang

Love classic kung fu movies and remember watching those double features on tv. Two companies provided a majority of my favorites. Shaw Brothers and Golden Harvest.

Shaw Brothers provided most of my favorites and i break them into three categories.

1. Five Deadly Venom Movies. These movies featured Kuo Chui (Lizard), Meng Lo (Toad), Chien Su (Scorpion), Pai Wei (Snake), Feng Lu (centipede), and Sheng Chiang (6th Disciple) rotating between good and bad even though Kuo And Sheng played good more than bad. Movies include Five Deadly Venoms, Invincible Shaolin, Crippled Avenger, Shaolin Rescuers, Daredevils of Kung Fu, Magnificent Ruffians, Kid with the Golden Arm, Masked Avengers,Ten Tigers of Kwangtung, and [NOBABE]The Rebel[/NOBABE] Intruders aka Killer Army.

2. Gordon Liu Movies. 36th Chamber movies and 8 Diagram Pole Fighting.

3. Movies that don't fit 1 or 2 most before 1977 when the Venom movies and 36th Chamber movies started and may contain a venom in it or Liu but doesn't feel like they fit the others. My favorite of these is Executioners from Shaolin. To avenge his father the hero is taught Crane by his mother and secretly uses his father's manuals to learn Tiger. Two images from this movie has always stayed in my head. The training scenes with the Iron Man (image below) where he hits it's head to release marbles and have to hit pressure points to catch them and the fights on the long stairway.

Golden Harvest can be summed up with just three names. Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, and Jet Li.

Golden Harvest gave us Fist of Fury, Chinese Connection, Enter The Dragon, Project A, Armour of God, and the Once Upon a Time in China series.

Attachments

• bscap0046.jpg
    bscap0046.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 113
  • SHAW-BROTHERS-LOGO.jpg
    SHAW-BROTHERS-LOGO.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 107
  • goldenharvest.jpg
    goldenharvest.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited: