• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Kung Fu Movie Classics: Share Your Favorites !!

I've been a big fan of the Martial Arts genre dating back to when we were young kids, every Saturday they had the Kung Fu movie matinee' double feature at 12:00 noon...We would watch both movies and then go outside and play "Kung Fu Master" with all the kids on our block.... We would divide ourselves into rival clans and fight to the death (or at least untill it got dark) :D !!

Funny how nowadays with cable and satelite we have so many more channels, yet TV seemed to be so much better back then....

Anyways, as I grew older, I continued to watch these movies,,,the scenery, the Asian's distinctive way of complex story telling...the art and Zen wisdom of martial arts masters...all elements that I continue to enjoy from the classic masters of the past like Sony Chiba and Jackie Chan, to many of the current greats such as Chin Siu-Ting...

Here is Legend Of The Eight Samurai starring Sony Chiba,,,If you love these movies like I do, please share your favorites....because there are so may martial arts films out there, and I always enjoy learning about classics I may not have seen before :)!!

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
I can't remember half their names, but the "36 Chambers of Shaolin" comes to mind.

And

I don't know if this counts but I always loved the 'Lone Wolf with Cub" movies.

600full-rumble-in-the-bronx-poster.jpg

I grew up on the awesomeness that was/is Jackie Chan, the dude is cool-as-beans. Lately I've been enjoying some Donnie Yen stuff too. Oh, and Ong-Bak (the first one) was pretty sweet as well.

First off, chiba is a legend...

And aside from the obvious bruce lee films, I would have to say that ip man had the strongest impact on my life by far.

I always loved bruce lees ability to take out anyone who challenged him, but I hadn't truly respected his roots until I saw ip man. And I am now very involved in his art.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
fuck. i watch these shits all the time.

ill share a secret with you all.

go to the 99 cent store. look in the dvds. you will find a treasure trove of kung fu movies. some shit, some great.

master with cracked fingers was so awesome. thats a jackie chan flick from 71 for you kiddies. 99 cents!

fuck. i watch these shits all the time.

ill share a secret with you all.

go to the 99 cent store. look in the dvds. you will find a treasure trove of kung fu movies. some shit, some great.

master with cracked fingers was so awesome. thats a jackie chan flick from 71 for you kiddies. 99 cents!

The dude's been around forever. I keep finding movies of his that I'd never heard of because they weren't accessible when I was a kid. I fucking love Drunken Master.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
The dude's been around forever. I keep finding movies of his that I'd never heard of because they weren't accessible when I was a kid. I fucking love Drunken Master.

i know. my dad got me into jackie chan when i was a wee one. jackie chan was cool before he was cool. and he does his own stunts.

i know. my dad got me into jackie chan when i was a wee one. jackie chan was cool before he was cool. and he does his own stunts.

That and the fact that you just can't help but love the guy. I mean no one's ever said "Yeah, that Jackie Chan's movies are decent, but I'm pretty sure he's a total dick in real life".

Anything with Chuck Norris in it. He's the KING of martial arts. It is said that Bruce Lee actually died from fatal injuries during that infamous fight scene with Chuck Norris, who was told not to hit too hard. They also say In Soviet Russia, Chuck Norris STILL roundhouse kicks you to the death :D

affiche_bde_chuck_norris_by_kojcmoi-d2xwis4.jpg

Big fan, especially the climactic duels... :thumbsup:

Wheels on Meals, featuring Jackie Chan vs Benny "The Jet" Urquidez

Way of the Dragon, featuring Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris

Flashpoint, with Donnie Yen vs Collin Chou

Drunken Master & Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, with Jackie Chan vs Huang Cheng Li

Once Upon a Time in China II, with Jet Li vs Donnie Yen

Fist of Legends, with Jet Li vs Billy Chau

Heroes of the East aka Shaolin Challenges Ninja, with Gordon Liu vs Yasuaki Kurata

...in no particular order ;)

I can't remember half their names, but the "36 Chambers of Shaolin" comes to mind.

And

I don't know if this counts but I always loved the 'Lone Wolf with Cub" movies.

Cool movie ! I believe 36 Chambers was an inspiration for The Rap Artists "Wu-Tang Clan" that was extremely popular a few years back...

"Lone Wolf and Cub" might be one of the best movies ever made IMO...Not only because of the martial arts intensity which is top notch, but also the relationship between he and his son fighting the "Powers That Be", which I have always found to be very inspirational....I take it from your comment that there is a series of these movies which I didn't not know...so I defianatley wil be looking out for additional episodes !

shootfighter8 said:
Drunken Master & Snake in the Eagle's Shadow, with Jackie Chan vs Huang Cheng Li

Jackie Chan is legendary also, especially his earlier work, is GREAT...I actually modelled much of my life after Drunken Master, And I don't even drink that much !! Huang Cheng Li was also great in this one as "ThunderLeg"

Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan...In my opinion, are two of the most intense and razor sharp martial artists ever...I treat every movie they made like the gospel of martial arts masterpieces, and I'm always looking out for any vids or rare clips/footage that I may not have seen before..!! Although Jackie Chan's pure martial arts roots became increasingly dilluted after he became more Hollywood mainstream..

zdenka said:
Anything with Chuck Norris in it

Yeah Chuck Norris is great also..."The Octagon" Is one of my favorites !

Thanks for all the great contributions to this thread so far, I am already learning alot, many I've seen or heard of, and I have Google working overtime trying to research some of the other interesting artists and titles mentioned so far !

Many Thanks !! Your sharing is greatly appreciated !

Some have been mentioned already. Drunken Master, Fist of Legend, Once Upon a Time in China I. All great films. Fist of Legend is probably my favorite of all-time.

Some others I really have liked: Tai-Chi Master, House of Flying Daggers, Ninja Hunter.
The best cheese-ball ones though: Swordsman With an Umbrella, Filthy Guy... and best of all: Five Venoms Vs. Wu-Tang (A kung-fu movie about zombies, doesn't get much better.)

I noticed Mr Numbers and STDiva speaking highly of "IP Man 1 and 2" which I have not yet seen so they are definately next on my watch list !!

This could very well be my all-time Jackie Chan favorite !

SNAKE AND CRANE ARTS OF SHAOLIN (1978)