• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Islamic web-site "threatens" South Park creators

There was one other flight besides the Bin Ladin FAmily flight at that time. The Israelis that were caught filming the planes flying into the twin towers and who were dancing and cheering. They were supposedly art students but they obviously had prior knowledge of the attack. Well they were sent home to Israel after being detained on an Israeli Jet liner while every other plane was grounded.

Oh jeez.................not this libertard crap.

Yeah the Saudis, the Pakistanis are part of the problem. I acknowledge that.

We need to drill like mofos for oil in our country to help partially alleviate our dependence on muslim oil.

I support Obama bombing the crap out of the NW provinces in Pakistan without Pakistani approval.

What this country needs to do is find a way to create a new source of energy other than oil. This is one area where conservatives and liberals should be able to agree.

Obama needs to take one billion dollars out of that "stimulus" money and do something worthwhile with it. Invest 90% into research for finding a new source of power, and use another 10% to be paid as a reward to someone in the public sector who comes up with this new source of power on his own.

There are many things America is great at, and inventions are one of those things. What we need to do is find a truly good way to power our cars, heat our homes, etc. By doing so, we can put all the Saudi camel jockeys out of business once and for all. Send them back to irrelevance where they, and their pathetic excuse for a religion belong.

What this country needs to do is find a way to create a new source of energy other than oil. This is one area where conservatives and liberals should be able to agree.

Obama needs to take one billion dollars out of that "stimulus" money and do something worthwhile with it. Invest 90% into research for finding a new source of power, and use another 10% to be paid as a reward to someone in the public sector who comes up with this new source of power on his own.

There are many things America is great at, and inventions are one of those things. What we need to do is find a truly good way to power our cars, heat our homes, etc. By doing so, we can put all the Saudi camel jockeys out of business once and for all. Send them back to irrelevance where they, and their pathetic excuse for a religion belong.

Uh, I'm pretty sure a 10% federal incentive isn't needed for urging the discovery of the next practical, cost-effective fossil fuel replacement. That's life offering a million dollars to the scientist who can figure out how to make mens' dicks bigger without surgery.

nuke power for homes and infrastructure. and cars, well fuck that ones up in the air

south park is funny most of the time, but you have to know your limits with religion. a political cartoonist was already attacked after he portrayed Mohammad with a bomb on his head. the man attacking him was legitimately trying to murder him.

i suppose the basic question here is: should an individual limit their artistic output because of possible reactions from others? i say no...however, if you create something that you know will offend people and expect no reaction....well, that's just poor planning.

An alliance with the creators of South Park over this idiocy is not some grandiose conservative statement of noble principle. This is mostly childish....

This guy nails it:
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/04/26/douthat/index.html

Excerpts:

The New York Times, March 28, 2010:

A Texas university class production of "Corpus Christi," by Terrence McNally, below, has been canceled by college officials citing "safety and security concerns for the students" as well as the need to maintain an orderly academic environment, The Austin Chronicle reported. "Corpus Christi," Mr. McNally’s 1998 play depicting a gay Jesus figure, was scheduled to be performed on Saturday as part of a directing class at Tarleton State University in Stephenville, Tex. But early on Friday, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst condemned the performance, saying in a press release that "no one should have the right to use government funds or institutions to portray acts that are morally reprehensible to the vast majority of Americans." Although Tarleton's president, F. Dominic Dottavio, first defended the students' right to perform a play he considered "offensive, crude and irreverent," university officials changed course late Friday night, canceling the performance after receiving threatening calls and e-mail messages, according to The Star-Telegram.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram, April 8, 2010 (h/t Queerty):

A Fort Worth theater that had agreed to show a student-directed play with a gay Jesus character has withdrawn its offer. The board of directors of Artes de la Rosa, which runs The Rose Marine Theater on North Main Street, decided Thursday against offering the venue for the production of Corpus Christi, just one day after saying it would. A March performance set for a directing class at Tarleton State University in Stephenville was abruptly canceled after the school received threatening emails.

I abhor the threats of violence coming from fanatical Muslims over the expression of ideas they find offensive, as well as the cowardly institutions which acquiesce to the accompanying demands for censorship. I've vigorously condemned efforts to haul anti-Muslim polemicists before Canadian and European "human rights" (i.e., censorship) tribunals. But the very idea that such conduct is remotely unique to Muslims is delusional, the by-product of Douthat's ongoing use of his New York Times column for his anti-Muslim crusade and sectarian religious promotion.

The various forms of religious-based, intimidation-driven censorship and taboo ideas in the U.S. -- what Douthat claims are non-existent except when it involves Muslims -- are too numerous to chronicle. One has to be deeply ignorant, deeply dishonest or consumed with petulant self-victimization and anti-Muslim bigotry to pretend they don't exist. I opt (primarily) for the latter explanation in Douthat's case....

i suppose the basic question here is: should an individual limit their artistic output because of possible reactions from others? i say no...however, if you create something that you know will offend people and expect no reaction....well, that's just poor planning.

No, an individual shouldn't limit their artistic output because of possible reactions from others, but if one makes the primary or sole purpose of their art merely to offend someone or some group, then they're just being a prick.

Nobody at South Park should've caved in, though.

I'm so sick of insecure religious people that get so fired up over something that they forgot already aired years ago. Draw Muhammad day is on the 20th and I got my pen and paper out and ready.

Jeez, why didn't they make the whole draw Mohammed fiasco coincide with the Boobquake fiasco? Which of course would mean that we would all have to attempt to draw Mohammed on a pair of bouncing tits.

I might have been interested in doing that. But no, lets separate it and stretch the whole thing out... Pfft! :crash: