• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is Life Worth Living?

What are holistic ways to cure Depression?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who thinks Life Is Worth Living? I suffer from severe Depression and was wandering if anyone else out there in cyberspace is affected by this affliction? Does anyone know holistic ways to cure Depression?

get a car, tune it and go on street racing, believe me it's awesome, plus girls there are hot

Just going outside everyday can be a huge help. Exercise also helps build a more positive self image. From a personal perspective I found these things immensely helpful since it can start getting you into a good routine that really isn't difficult to keep up providing that you want things to improve. If this isn't up your alley right now, find other small things you can do which give a sense of achievement. Something as simple as cleaning your room or complimenting a friend can spiral into something great if you keep doing little things.

Sometimes life sucks, however you're doing yourself a disservice (sp?) if you don't give yourself a chance at happiness.

Who thinks Life Is Worth Living? I suffer from severe Depression and was wandering if anyone else out there in cyberspace is affected by this affliction? Does anyone know holistic ways to cure Depression?
Take your brain for a ride to places it has never been. (no, not that way :D). What I mean is, get out of whatever rut you're in. Make a plan to experience something new each and every day no matter how trivial it may seem. Before going to bed, make a list of at least 5 things you plan to accomplish the next day with 1 of them being something entirely new. For example, go out and engage yourself with others. Initiate conversation. Even if you don't necessarily feel like being around people, you can feed off their positive energy. In a nutshell, stimulate you brain in as many different ways as you possibly can. Discover new faces in new places, eat new foods for a better mood! Google the area in which you live for things to do, and do them ALL! Force yourself out of your comfort zone and begin filling your life with new experiences that will lead to lasting memories of good times!

GodsEmbryo

Closed Account
Just going outside everyday can be a huge help. Exercise also helps build a more positive self image. From a personal perspective I found these things immensely helpful since it can start getting you into a good routine that really isn't difficult to keep up providing that you want things to improve. If this isn't up your alley right now, find other small things you can do which give a sense of achievement. Something as simple as cleaning your room or complimenting a friend can spiral into something great if you keep doing little things.

Sometimes life sucks, however you're doing yourself a disservice (sp?) if you don't give yourself a chance at happiness.

True.

I've had several depressions in my life. A good therapist should always be a priority, but keep yourself active. Sport and physical activities partially encounter the same neurophysiological changes as antidepressants and have a positive effect on depression. But even small things can help you alot since - as dpantski already said - they give you a sence of achievement and positive change, a feeling that you are in control and not your depression. Everything you have summed up in your poll could be an approach to overcome your depression really. Personally I always had great benefit from walking and saying 'yes' to something I encountered. This could be as simple as seeing a bookstore and say to myself "Yes, I'm going to stroll through this shop and see what kind of books they have" or watching a street artist for a couple of minutes instead of just walking by. Sometimes it's just a walk like any other walk, sometimes you encounter new things. As long as you say 'yes' and do things. Working as a volunteer might do great things for you as well. Do something for the environment, help people, help animals... The amount of gratitute you get is really uplifting and really gives you a sence of purpose.
I can not help you with your depression, but if you need a listening ear or want to talk, you can always PM me.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Just ride out the storm and tell yourself that tomorrow will be a better day. It invariably is. Good luck....life is indeed worth living!

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Win the lottery and travel.

:yoda:

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Depression is typically a symptom of boredom. Boredom is bred by complacency. Complacency is easily cured by finding something new to occupy one's time. If you're depressed find something new to do. If you can't find something that interests you ask yourself why. Sunshine, physical movement, and mental stimulation are all you need to get out of your funk.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Depression is typically a symptom of boredom. Boredom is bred by complacency. Complacency is easily cured by finding something new to occupy one's time. If you're depressed find something new to do. If you can't find something that interests you ask yourself why. Sunshine, physical movement, and mental stimulation are all you need to get out of your funk.

I got rid of my depression when I got off my ass and started to work physically in the fresh air, caring for animals and stopped alcohol and very soon I saw how simple and how great every single day is.

I did everything that people have mentioned to do. That part is easy. The part that is hard to overcome is when the day is over and you have to go home and you're all alone at night, thats when the depression is the hardest to overcome. As much as I tried to go to sleep, knowing I have to get up for work tomorrow, the void in the center of my chest just would not go away. Night time was the worst for me. Then my little brother introduced me into gaming. There was always someone to talk to at three in the morning. Gaming at night helped me tremendously. I am not depressed any more, but I do remember those dark times in my life.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Damn right it's worth living. If you think you have a bad life, turn on the Jerry Springer show...that'll make you feel better. Watch one of those infomercials for the little African kids that are starving. You Might have troubles, but it can always be worse. Good luck, and remember, there is ALWAYS a place to get help, and if you're on meds, STAY ON THEM!!

Damn right it's worth living. If you think you have a bad life, turn on the Jerry Springer show...that'll make you feel better. Watch one of those infomercials for the little African kids that are starving. You Might have troubles, but it can always be worse. Good luck, and remember, there is ALWAYS a place to get help, and if you're on meds, STAY ON THEM!!

^ that. There's always someone worse off who would probably love to have your life.

^ that. There's always someone worse off who would probably love to have your life.

That often makes it worse, when you're depressed you can think "there's kids starving and without clean water and I'm much better off than them yet I'm deeply unhappy with little to no purpose or motivation in my life despite being fortunate. I'm such a crybaby etc etc etc."

Someone being worse off than you doesn't change how you feel IMO. When you're depressed you look up at people who're more successful and seemingly happier and wonder how you can get there and if you can ever hope to get there yourself. Its about turning that hope into reality one step at a time. Trying to take big steps forward can often result in setbacks that are damaging emotionally.

That often makes it worse, when you're depressed you can think "there's kids starving and without clean water and I'm much better off than them yet I'm deeply unhappy with little to no purpose or motivation in my life despite being fortunate. I'm such a crybaby etc etc etc."

Someone being worse off than you doesn't change how you feel IMO. When you're depressed you look up at people who're more successful and seemingly happier and wonder how you can get there and if you can ever hope to get there yourself. Its about turning that hope into reality one step at a time. Trying to take big steps forward can often result in setbacks that are damaging emotionally.

But it should. Being grateful instead of woe is me can only be a good thing. As has been pointed out in this thread, be thankful for every day you have. Be thankful you're going to bed with a full stomach tonight and you'll not be macheted to death in the middle of the night in some round of ethnic cleansing.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
This is a touchy subject for me, sometimes I think it is but a lot of times I don't. If your life sucks with no Chance of getting better it's not worth it, but if you have a Chance to make yourself happy in life you take it.

You need to find a local state park and try trail hiking. Hiking in the outdoors helps to get away from the metro rat race noise. Or learn how to mountain bike (Disclaimer: until use to trail riding you will crash many times).

Or try star gazing in a area that is away from the city lights.

Deepcover

Closed Account
Try public speaking. That's what you need. Who knows, a cute girl will eventually take notice in your public speaking skills and YOU WILL feel good about yourself