• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is Life Worth Living?

What are holistic ways to cure Depression?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strengthening your body and meditation works also. Try turning the TV off also. I watch about 10-15 hours a week on cable with the net now you avoid the you ain't nothing if you don't have this haha slave to the rhythm over and over again commercials with material goods aspirations.

Strengthening go on Amazon or your local music store and buy this for starters, Douglas Spotted Eagle. Play it and strength out as that will help you. Two sample songs:

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
But it should. Being grateful instead of woe is me can only be a good thing. As has been pointed out in this thread, be thankful for every day you have. Be thankful you're going to bed with a full stomach tonight and you'll not be macheted to death in the middle of the night in some round of ethnic cleansing.

That doesn't sound too bad actually.

There was a thread some time ago: board.freeones.com/showthread.php?826443-Positive-thinking-(parody)

I think the key here is to think those starving kids in Africa and giggle by yourself how your tasty 5 layers ultra bacon sandwich is something those poor African kids will never have even a chance of tasting as you munch on that burger in tears of joy.

Those people who are already at the bottom and unable to look down at anyone can always try walking by pointing their noses high up to the skies, to be able experience once in their life that feeling of being able to look everybody down their noses and feel like a big boss. You can always further enhance this by renting/borrowing a full business suit and a briefcase and telling yourself how badass and independent you are, as you wait in the food lines for freebies you are unable to make yourself.

I've had similar problems, it's a vicious circle as the best 'cure' as told me by a good therapist is simply keep yourself busy when you begin feeling down but the problem with that is when you're down you don't feel like doing anything and that leaves your mind idle and you begin concentratiing on what's made you depressed and then that's all you can think about. I don't think there's a total cure unless your depression was brought upon by a specific cause like reaction to a death or illness which can improve in time, in fact expecting a total cure can get you more down as you begin to realise that it's a position you can never reach. As hard as it is you have to remain positive as life could change overnight and you could be loving life in a years time, just keep your mind off negative thoughts and do things that improve your life and not add to your bad feelings. Like most depression sufferers you will get days when you feel more positive and energetic, use those days wisely and maybe start a business, hobby, exercise regime or make new friends as these things will still be going on days when you feel down and you may find the days you feel down becoming less and less. I've got my own business and although it won't make me a millionaire and can drive me crazy sometimes it gives you something to focus on 24/7 and sometimes that's the best you can hope for.

I also found weirdly enough that others find me good to talk too (when you're depressed your self esteem is low and you think you're no good to anyone) and a lot of people begun telling me their problems and happy someone wanted to know how they were and willing to give them time, you'll feel more positive about yourself as you're useful to others even if feel you are not to yourself and i'm sure this causes chemical changes to the brain along with things like exercising etc and this can be a 'natural' cure for depression.