• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Iran and World Powers Agree to Nuclear Deal

Do You Support The Iran Nuclear Deal?

• Total voters
Vienna (CNN)After arduous talks that spanned 20 months, negotiators have reached a landmark deal aimed at reining in Iran's nuclear program.

The agreement, a focal point of U.S. President Barack Obama's foreign policy, appears set to reshape relations between Iran and the West, with its effects likely to ripple across the volatile Middle East.

Representatives of Iran, the United States and the other nations involved in the marathon talks were holding a final meeting in Vienna on Tuesday.

Obama will hold a press conference on Wednesday in the East Room of the White House to address questions on the agreement.

The president praised the deal on Tuesday morning, saying the agreement met the goals he had in place throughout negotiations.

"Today after two years of negotiation the United States together with the international community has achieved something that decades of animosity has not: a comprehensive long-term deal with Iran that will prevent it from obtaining a nuclear weapon," Obama said from the White House, with Vice President Joe Biden at his side.

"This deal is not built on trust. It's built on verification," Obama said Tuesday.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani also praised the deal, speaking after Obama finished, as televisions in Iran broadcast the U.S. President's statement live, translated into Farsi.

"Negotiators have reached a good agreement and I announce to our people that our prayers have come true," Rouhani said in a live address to the nation following Obama.

The essential idea behind the deal is that in exchange for limits on its nuclear activities, Iran would get relief from sanctions while being allowed to continue its atomic program for peaceful purposes.

After news of the deal emerged, Yukiya Amano, the chief of the International Atomic Energy Agency, said he had signed a "roadmap" with the Iranian government "for the clarification of past and present outstanding issues regarding Iran's nuclear program."

What's in the deal

The deal reduces the number of Iranian centrifuges by two-thirds. It places bans on enrichment at key facilities, and limits uranium research and development to the Natanz facility.

The deal caps uranium enrichment at 3.67 percent and limits the stockpile to 300 kg, all for 15 years.

Iran will be required to ship spent fuel out of the country forever, as well as allow inspectors from the IAEA inspectors certain access in perpetuity. Heightened inspections, including tracking uranium mining and monitoring the production and storage of centrifuges, will last for up to 20 years.

The U.S. estimates that the new measures take Iran from being able to assemble its first bomb within 2-3 months, to at least one year from now.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/14/politics/iran-nuclear-deal/

A historic deal for the Obama administration. Now get TPP finalized

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
My opinion on it hinges almost completely on the details of the inspections. I've hear comments from the talking heads today that ranged from the requirement of a 14-day notice to the fact that there will be the potential for surprise inspections on a daily basis of any and all facilities, whether civilian or military. If it's the latter, I would support it....especially since the likely alternative would eventually lead to another war. Is there any other alternative? I hear a lot of people bitching about it but no one offering a plausible option.

I need to learn more before I commit.

The fact that Iran negotiated proves that sanctions were impeding their efforts for nuclear capability or they would not be at the table. Any deal is a bad deal and look for Israel to strike their facilities any time they think they are making significant progress toward aquiring nukes. U.N. Security Council be damned.

We couldn't even negotiate the release of 4 Americans in the process? Let's hope they are released soon as an after thought. I guess they aren't Bergdahl enough to negotiate for.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
This is the effect of fundamental transformation. Frankenkerry and Dear Leader look like children. The supreme leader or whatever he calls himself is probably laughing his ass off.

Frankenkerry: We demand unfettered access for inspection without notice.
Rouhani: Yeah, we're not going to do that.
Frankenkerry: Okay. What if we lift sanctions?
Rouhani: Sounds great but we're still going to do what we want.
Frankenkerry: Ladies and gentlemen...James Taylor.

Oiorl8T.jpg

The fact that Iran negotiated proves that sanctions were impeding their efforts for nuclear capability or they would not be at the table. Any deal is a bad deal and look for Israel to strike their facilities any time they think they are making significant progress toward aquiring nukes. U.N. Security Council be damned.

We couldn't even negotiate the release of 4 Americans in the process? Let's hope they are released soon as an after thought. I guess they aren't Bergdahl enough to negotiate for.

Iran went from 164 centrifuges in 2003 to 22,000 in 2013. They accumulated more than 17,000 pounds of enriched uranium gas and ramped up construction of a heavy water reactor at Arak that could be used to produce weapons grade plutonium.....yeah sanctions worked :rolleyes:

Iran went from 164 centrifuges in 2003 to 22,000 in 2013. They accumulated more than 17,000 pounds of enriched uranium gas and ramped up construction of a heavy water reactor at Arak that could be used to produce weapons grade plutonium.....yeah sanctions worked :rolleyes:

Pakistan developed nuclear weapons with only 3000 centrifuges and Iran get 5000 with this deal. You damn right the sanctions worked or they would have them already.

“UN inspectors can demand access to nuclear facilities on Iran military sites, but they aren’t immediate or even guaranteed. Any inspections at those sites would need to be approved by a joint commission composed of one member from each of the negotiating parties. The process for approving those inspections could take as many as 24 days."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/iran-nuclear-deal-winners-losers/story?id=32437227

The weapons embargo will also be lifted allowing Iran to advance it's intercontinental ballistic missile program that will reach more than Israel.

The administration pushed the false dichotomy of "either this deal or war" when this deal all but assures it.

Iran is celebrating and praising allah. But the important thing is a deal got done.

Oq4ZRgc.jpg

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I am glad Israel doesn't have nukes so far, or do they have them?

You have to be kidding me!

They have the rockets etc and they have the warheads, they just do not have them fitted together, so they do not have to lie when they say: "We do not have nuclear missiles."

But those two items are put together in a snap by highly trained personnel, and as we speak, our german-built submarines get set up to host a number of those combinations. No attack on Israel will remain without a wipeout of the very same country that attacked them.

I am glad they have them.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
The administration pushed the false dichotomy of "either this deal or war" when this deal all but assures it.

How do you figure it's a false dichotomy when the facts support it? What this deal does is defer war with the hope that it can be avoided. The course of events as they were guaranteed war, this deal stops it for now, but we better be working our asses off going forward for a permanent peace and not squandering the opportunity to prevent a nuclear holocaust in that region. This deal certainly isn't the end of the peace process, but it gives all parties a chance to cool off and rethink their strategy going forward because the war that was certainly coming has at least been postponed. If you think the Obama administration is so naive that they don't understand this you should probably stop listening to the people that are telling you they are.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I am glad Israel doesn't have nukes so far, or do they have them?

Israel has what we have. They are about the only allied we have, that gets just about unlimited access....except for the shit they produce themselves, which is pretty fucking high end.

SabrinaDeep

Official Checked Star Member
It's a classic. One of the most dangerous countries, inhabited by fucking radicals i-hate-you-all-and-therefore-ill-kill-you people on the planet get the nukes and the focus moves towards the Jews. Allah akbar, all you sillies.

This is the effect of fundamental transformation. Frankenkerry and Dear Leader look like children. The supreme leader or whatever he calls himself is probably laughing his ass off.

Bambi akbar!
The circle is almost closed. Next step will be the final showdown in Syria. Stay tuned.

So what's your alternative?

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
My alternative? Enforce the embargoes and sanctions that were in place for a reason. Negotiate for the release of the Americans held hostage there. Let them know if they do something really stupid we'll either back Israel's play or take care of business our damn selves. Monitor their support for of terrorist organizations and actually do something about it.

Stompy Foot et al just negotiated with the fucking people who supplied weapons, IEDs and ideology that cost many of my friends their lives and limbs. They didn't negotiate for America, the west, democracy, freedom or peace; they negotiated for Iran.

My alternative? Enforce the embargoes and sanctions that were in place for a reason

The only reason our partners enforced the sanctions was because Obama convinced them that they were a necessary part of getting a deal. If we reject a deal, Iran’s historic trading partners would not economically injure themselves indefinitely with continued sanctions. Why would China and Putin do us the favor of continuing sanctions? Already Great Britain has said that sanctions have reached "the high-water mark" and that "you would probably see more sanctions erosion" if nuclear talks fail. Germany's ambassador added, "If diplomacy fails, then the sanctions regime might unravel.” So the argument that new sanctions would be a better deal just doesn't hold water
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-at-risk-if-deal-falls-through-u-k-envoy-says

Let them know if they do something really stupid we'll either back Israel's play or take care of business our damn selves
An even worse argument. We've been making the threat of military force for decades so why would they believe us now? Also do you know the consequences of military strike against Iran? Furthermore a strike against Iran would not destroy their nuclear program, it would only set it back 2 years.

http://fcnl.org/issues/iran/us_israeli_security_officials_warn_against_war_with_iran/

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Sherm...set-Irans-nuclear-program-back-2-years-399335