• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

In Alabama, you need a voter ID to vote. And blacks are gonna have a hard time getting one...

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
3qAulym.jpg

Boy, that Nelson Mandela must have been a huge racist asshole.

3qAulym.jpg

Boy, that Nelson Mandela must have been a huge racist asshole.

The question raised by voter ID laws are :
- Who are the people that doesn't have an ID yet ?
- Except voting, what would they do with an ID that they can't do without it ?
- How easy is it to get one ?
- How much does it cost to get one ?
How long does it takes to get one ?

Remember guys, this topic is about ID offices closing all across Alabama black-belt. It's about 8 out of the counties of Alabama with the most black people having their ID office closing.

Voter ID laws + ID offices closing in black counties one year before the election = Blacks forced to go quite far from their home to get an ID...

Seriously, if you ask people to get a ID to vote, why would you close ID offices ?
Except if your plan is to deny blacks their right to vote and you noted that since you passed that voter ID law, many black people are trying to get and ID. So you have to prevent this from happening, you cannot let black people get their ID...

Cute meme. Too bad no one that wishes to legally purchase a gun objects to producing identification for such a transaction. If that were the case, the meme would have gone from cute to awesomeness. Perhaps next time spanky.

Want to hear something even more funny though? In Texas you can vote with a concealed-weapon permit but not with a student ID. You're a smart guy who follows politics, which party do you think that's meant to affect the most?

Want to hear something even more funny though? In Texas you can vote with a concealed-weapon permit but not with a student ID. You're a smart guy who follows politics, which party do you think that's meant to affect the most?

But what kind of ID and background check are required for a concealed weapon permit in Texas?

Valid driver license or identification card,
Current demographic, address, contact, and employment information,
Residential and employment information for the last five years (new users only),
Information regarding any psychiatric, drug, alcohol, or criminal history (new users only),
Valid email address, and
Valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express)

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/

And can I just say once again, God bless Texas. They are a g'damn American treasure.

A lot of misinformation has been posted on this thread.
The term “Black Belt” refers to the Topsoil type found in the south central counties of the state, not the inhabitants. The original posters map was GROSSLY inaccurate in regards to these counties.
Alabama is in a budget crisis. Along with closures of very limited hours DMV substations, there are also closures of a majority of State Parks, with increased fees at the remaining open Parks. These were the only options the State House, Senate and Governor could agree on, while predetermined raises for State Employees and Teachers were nonnegotiable, not even allowed on the bargaining table, due to VERY strong Unions (i.e. LOBBISTS)
No one is being denied access to a Photo Voter ID. They are Available FREE at every County Registrars Office in each and every County Of the State.
When the current Federal Regime under A.G. Holder took on the Voter ID laws of Texas, Arizona and Alabama, only Alabama’s law was upheld intact. I suppose the only way the biased Press could smear such a common sense Law is to misrepresent, distort or blatantly lie about anything that does not fit their agenda.
When Dr. Bentley campaigned for Governor, he promised he would not accept a salary until the unemployment in Alabama came down to 5% or less. He has kept his promise, so far. I can’t think of any elected official that has made a promise like that, much less kept it.
So much with me presenting the Facts, Let me end with a Joke.
Recently there was a fire at the Alabama Governor’s Mansion, it almost got entire trailer park.

Want to hear something even funnier? Student ID's are also issued to students that are considered out of state residents and are registered to vote in their home state. Texas generally frowns upon them voting in their state.

BlkHawk

Closed Account
A lot of misinformation has been posted on this thread.
They are Available FREE at every County Registrars Office in each and every County Of the State.

So long as that part is true I don't have a problem with it, the link Sabrina posted had fees listed. As I said before that brings up bad memories of poll taxes that were used frequently in this nation.

I've got a US ID. I get it it any time i want. This discussion about black not being able to get an ID easily is total BS, crap, runny shit, women period. Period.

Another conversation I'm tired of having

So here's the problem. It's not the showing of an ID that's the problem. It's the fact that these states have passed strict voter ID laws that require people to have certain government issued photo ID's. That typically means a drivers license. See not everyone is as fortunate as you to be able to get in their car and just drive on down to the DMV(no matter the distance) or whatever and apply for an ID. A lot of seniors and poor people don't drive and rely on public transportation. This is even more of a problem for those living in rural communities where the closest state-ID issuing office is miles away.

• Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. Many of them live in rural areas with dwindling public transportation options.
  • More than 10 million eligible voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.
  • 1.2 million eligible black voters and 500,000 eligible Hispanic voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. People of color are more likely to be disenfranchised by these laws since they are less likely to have photo ID than the general population.
http://www.brennancenter.org/publication/challenge-obtaining-voter-identification

So long as that part is true I don't have a problem with it, the link Sabrina posted had fees listed. As I said before that brings up bad memories of poll taxes that were used frequently in this nation.

A standard Alabama ID or STAR ID card is valid for 4 years and will cost you:

$36.25 for a new card.
$36.25 to renew.

The ID is valid for four years ? Is it the same in every state ? Because I just find it strange that the card is valid fro the exact same amount of time than the mandate of the President. It means that every presidential election, Alabama citizens will have to pay $36.25 if they wanna vote. That's quite expensive to have the right to cas your vote into the ballot, to exercice your most basic right as an american, citizen....

The ID is valid for four years ? Is it the same in every state ? Because I just find it strange that the card is valid fro the exact same amount of time than the mandate of the President. It means that every presidential election, Alabama citizens will have to pay $36.25 if they wanna vote. That's quite expensive to have the right to cas your vote into the ballot, to exercice your most basic right as an american, citizen....

That sounds about right, the every 4 years thing. I think drivers license is every 5 in my state.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Another conversation I'm tired of having

So here's the problem. It's not the showing of an ID that's the problem. It's the fact that these states have passed strict voter ID laws that require people to have certain government issued photo ID's. That typically means a drivers license. See not everyone is as fortunate as you to be able to get in their car and just drive on down to the DMV(no matter the distance) or whatever and apply for an ID. A lot of seniors and poor people don't drive and rely on public transportation. This is even more of a problem for those living in rural communities where the closest state-ID issuing office is miles away.

• Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. Many of them live in rural areas with dwindling public transportation options.
  • More than 10 million eligible voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.
  • 1.2 million eligible black voters and 500,000 eligible Hispanic voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. People of color are more likely to be disenfranchised by these laws since they are less likely to have photo ID than the general population.
http://www.brennancenter.org/publication/challenge-obtaining-voter-identification

It can also be a state issued I.D. card...for those that don't drive. The VERY SAME I.D you HAVE to have, to open a bank account for the direct deposit required for ANY public payout, whether it be welfare, or S.S. The same I.D. needed to buy a gun, get credit, get medical attention. No ONE, NO ONE will give you any type of health care, without 2 things, your I.D., and an insurance card. Taking a bus, or asking a friend for a ride, or getting some sort of transportation for the disabled is not a big deal, once every four years. As far as the cost goes, oh well, I pay far more then that for my CDL, so I would consider them pretty lucky it doesn't cost them more.

I love the way the liberals cry that this is just an effort to keep minorities from being allowed to vote, yet they forget, many states allow voting by mail, but more importantly, their efforts to usurp the reasonable request for I.D., is a blatant effort to allow unlawful voting.