• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

what's wrong with guitar hero?

I don't really see how that takes away from people appreciating classic rock, if anything it's encouraging it.

you guys are kidding yourself even thinking about kurt cobain. he would fucking die if he saw how much worse music and entertainment has gotten. just yesterday they were using one of his songs for a guitar hero commercial, what a outright fucking terrible insult!

It's lucky he killed himself then, so he'll never know.

member979979

Closed Account
you guys are kidding yourself even thinking about kurt cobain. he would fucking die if he saw how much worse music and entertainment has gotten. just yesterday they were using one of his songs for a guitar hero commercial, what a outright fucking terrible insult!

LMAO. Yeah, he would defiantly roll over his grave if he came back to life today.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
what's wrong with guitar hero?

I don't really see how that takes away from people appreciating classic rock, if anything it's encouraging it.

seriously? for one, its taking away all the discipline and effort that people used to put toward actually learning how to play something. its nothing but a greatest hits record really too, all the bubblegum popular, give-the-people-what-they-want bands. i see it as a huge blow to real musicans and the music industry (or whats even left of it).

it actually quite offends me. this is exactly why kurt off'd himself too btw, the though of his music being used like this was too much for him to see. he was a true artist. i know they throw that word around all the time now, "rap artist", etc, but it used to really mean something. the man cared about the music. all the 70's 80s punk bands would agree as well. take the ramones for instance, the only record that even went gold was their greatest hits a couple of years ago, they never made money, the cared about the music. thats the soul of music thats been completely ripped out.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I completely gave up on an sort of idealism from the world of music the first time I heard Led Zeppelin's Rock & Roll on a Cadillac commercial. Abbie Hoffman is spinning in his grave.

Everything is for sale, everyone has sold out.

squallumz

I completely gave up on an sort of idealism from the world of music the first time I heard Led Zeppelin's Rock & Roll on a Cadillac commercial. Abbie Hoffman is spinning in his grave.

thats what im talking about! its terribly sad isnt it? i make music myself, i put a lot of time into it and a lot of heart and soul so its a passionate subject for me. i could never be alright with someone using my music to sell shit.

Luckily The Beatles stuff is off limits for such use.I will never forgive Nike for the unauthorized use of "revolution" in one of their commercials.They had to pull it quick when threatened with a lawsuit but they knew exactly what they were doing.Corporate scum!:thefinger

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Freddie 'Singer of Songs' Mercury.
Jimi Hendrix.
Jeff Healy.
Rory Gallagher.

I agree with you Squall about how music has lost it's soul, but I still don't agree about that game.

That's like saying that NBA Jams is an insult to pro-athletes and will stop people from playing basketball. If people want to play sports they will, and if they want to learn to play an instrument they will. Some people don't want to invest all the time and effort or can't learn such a skill, and they just want to turn on the TV and have fun playing a video game.

http://users.efortress.com/doc-rock/deadrock.html

You can check for a list here.

Layne Staley was someone I thought had alot potential when he was the lead singer for Alice in Chains, damn shame he died the way he did.
Randy Rhodes will never be touched as far as Lead Guitarist are concerned.

And John Bonham was a hell of a drummer.......no one was better in rock than him.

Freddy Mercury has stage presence and charisma most lead singers in the world wished they would possess.....IMO no one could come close what he could do in the studio or onstage. Great thread.

Facetious

Moderated
On that note, how about a little love for Ronnie Van Zant and Steve Gaines???

Fuck!!! Talk about "the day the music died"!!! I'll never forget that plane crash. Ever.

:(:mad::(
Me neither ! My first favorite rock band was Lynyrd Skynyrd - And for the record, the name stands as "Allen Collins"

please forgive, it's been so long :o

squallumz

fox, i do expect a true artist to keep their standards even in the sight of money, thats the point where i, for one, can see the exact point in which the artist cares about his music and not the fucking goddamned money.

there are records that you can sign with that do not abuse you as an artist too btw. look up alternative tentacles, the one the dead kennedys used. they never sold them out. virgin fucked over the pumpkins, again. i hope billy corgan will finally create his own label, he cares about music so much he could do so great with it, or maybe the whole thing disgusts him. actually it DOES! he said so himself. he hates the fucking music industry, but there are choices the artist can make to make sure hes not put on the next tire commercial.

i know there are millions of people who would sell thier musical souls in a heartbeat, thats not the kind of artist i want to listen to. i want to one who will go down with his or her musical ship, it should be about the art, not the money.

if i made it big, i wouldnt sell out. my music reflects the punk philosophy, fuck the money, fuck the norm, and play your heart out for the sake of playing your shit. again, the ramones never made any money, but people know who they are. you dont have to be rich to be known, you have to be a true artist and never forget the passion.

Jim Morrison all the way. Far and away my favorite musician. I can't think of a better front man in history. You never knew what the guy was gonna do next.