• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

If Immigration Creates Wealth, Why Is California America's Poverty Capital?

California used to be home to America's largest and most affluent middle class. Today, it is America's poverty capital. What went wrong? In a word: immigration.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau's Official Poverty Measure, California's poverty rate hovers around 15 percent. But this figure is misleading: the Census Bureau measures poverty relative to a uniform national standard, which doesn't account for differences in living costs between states – the cost of taxes, housing, and health care are higher in California than in Oklahoma, for example. Accounting for these differences reveals that California's real poverty rate is 20.6 percent – the highest in America, and nearly twice the national average of 12.7 percent.

Likewise, income inequality in California is the second-highest in America, behind only New York. In fact, if California were an independent country, it would be the 17th most unequal country on Earth, nestled comfortably between Honduras and Guatemala. Mexico is slightly more egalitarian. California is far more unequal than the "social democracies" it emulates: Canada is the 111th most unequal nation, while Norway is far down the list at number 153 (out of 176 countries). In terms of income inequality, California has more in common with banana republics than other "social democracies."

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/art...a_americas_poverty_capital.html#ixzz57yAtCvhp
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Immigration creates wealth doesn't mean immigrants get rich

Immigration creates wealth but immigrants are not the beneficiaries of that wealth
Those who benefit from that wealth are those who sell them stuff, those who hire them, those who do business with them.

The income inequality in California is because of Hollywood. Take away Bel-Air, Beverly Hills and Holmby Hills and you've took away a hug part of that income inequality.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Johan :facepalm:

Illegals don't make things better or create anything.

They raise the crime rate and send money back to their own countries they should be living in.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Immigration creates more wealth, mid- and long-term. The numbers prove it. I mean, California is one of the richest states, is it?

Wouldn't be if immigration would be bad.

Illegals don't make things better or create anything.

They raise the crime rate and send money back to their own countries they should be living in.
Are we talking about immigration in general or just illegal immigration ?
Anyway, in cases, it creates wealth.

Newsflash : Illegals need to eat, drink, to sleeo, to to wear clothes, to live in place not to hot but not too cold either, they need entertainment, etc...
To satisfy al these need they do just like me and you : they buy food, beverage, furnitures, clothes, video-games, etc...

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Immigration creates more wealth, mid- and long-term. The numbers prove it. I mean, California is one of the richest states, is it?

Wouldn't be if immigration would be bad.

Johan can listen and learn too.

California is the worse state for quality of life.

Illegals are not immigrants they are criminals are cause crime and poverty.

Harpsman

Light one for Me
Johan can listen and learn too.

California is the worse state for quality of life.

Illegals are not immigrants they are criminals are cause crime and poverty.

Dude the legal citizens can commit a fair bit of crime too - like in most countries.

Harpsman

Light one for Me
then you take those illegals. we'll ship them off to you. you're far more compassionate and enlightened than us.

My point is simply that crime goes on in most countries regardless of the number of illegals they have. Don't be a smart ass all your life:)

My point is simply that crime goes on in most countries regardless of the number of illegals they have. Don't be a smart ass all your life:)

Sweden. and that's legal immigration. Why is Sweden competing with South Africa as the rape capital of the world? Sweden?

Harpsman

Light one for Me
Wlll made a statement suggesting illegals have a monopoly on criminality - I pointed out this was hardly the case. Your post about shipping them to me and me being more enlighteden than you is strange taken on what my post stated.

No big deal.

georges

Staff member
Wlll made a statement suggesting illegals have a monopoly on criminality - I pointed out this was hardly the case. Your post about shipping them to me and me being more enlighteden than you is strange taken on what my post stated.

No big deal.
See who are involved in gangs in the USA and who rot in US prisons. The MS13 being the gang which has among the biggest number of illegals and the most violent one.

Harpsman

Light one for Me

Harpsman

Light one for Me
See who are involved in gangs in the USA and who rot in US prisons. The MS13 being the gang which has among the biggest number of illegals and the most violent one.

I'll take your word for it Georges. I know nothing of American gang crime. But I'm pretty sure there are many legal immigrants and US citizens among the prison population.

One demographic in this country of only about 13 percent of the population are involved in or commit half of the murders and probably as much if not about the same percentage of all crime.