• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

How to Interrupt TV Antenna Reception

I am searching for a clandestine way to interrupt a broadcast signal, either through doing something to the antenna or by fiddling with settings on the TV, or even just sticking something in the cable where the coaxle connection is made between the antenna & the television. I need a way to make it seem like the reception is bad, a way that I can undo so it appears reception is poor only at times of my choosing. Any ideas?

I thought of trying a magnet on the cable leading from the antenna, but I’m guessing that wouldn't interrupt the signal unless I had a ridiculously strong magnet.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
why

A pair of good wire cutters should do the trick. :thumbsup:

You could put a male-to-female F-connector adapter with the center pin clipped out with wire cutters onto the end of the coax cable. It wouldn't be too conspicuous and it would completely eliminate the antenna signal. $4 at RadioShack.

I thought on June 12 2009 the federal government had supposedly already done this for you.

I should probably add that I desire to cause noticeable degradation in the signal, but not complete destruction.

Hmm... that's gonna be trickier. The only way I know of to consistently create the kind of interference you're talking about is by putting something that arcs on the same circuit as the TV. The two most common sources are fluorescent lights (the longer the tube, the better) or a high amp motor (i.e. corded electric drill). Neither one is exactly cheap, common, or inconspicuous, though. I'll give it some thought.

Facetious

Moderated
You could put a male-to-female F-connector adapter with the center pin clipped out with wire cutters onto the end of the coax cable. It wouldn't be too conspicuous and it would completely eliminate the antenna signal. $4 at RadioShack.

Perfect ! You get reps 'cause you're on the ball.

An old trick is to simply thrust a pin or needle through the center of the coax (grasping needle with a pair of pliers) while observing the screen... but ya didn't hear it from me.
Afterwards, you should be able to remove the needle w/out any permanent damage to the cable... don't prick yourself now ! you know that those needles have a penchant for stabbing fresh warm flesh !

Facetious

Moderated
I am searching for a clandestine way to interrupt a broadcast signal,

A-n-y-t-h-i-n-g ? :dunno: :bigear:

:tongue:

Here's a good one: 3 drops (ABSOLUTELY NO MORE THAN THAT) of Visine in their morning coffee. :D

with "Tetra • hi • dro • zel • ine"... eh ?
Is that like "Certs" with "Retsyn"..... I dunno what the hell it is but it sure sound good :1orglaugh :hatsoff:

Just put big brother on...

It looks and sounds like utter shite.

If your lucky, Jordan will appear and your viewers will think that the picture is wonky

with "Tetra • hi • dro • zel • ine"... eh ?
Is that like "Certs" with "Retsyn"..... I dunno what the hell it is but it sure sound good :1orglaugh :hatsoff:

Let me put it this way: explosive projectile diarrhea. :D