• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

How Should Spiderman Shoot His Webs?

How Should Spiderman Shoot His Webs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mayhem

Banned
So there's a new Spiderman franchise coming out. I've heard that they are going old school with his web shooting, in that Peter Parker will be making them rather that shooting webs being a byproduct of his condition.

I distinctly remember as a kid, wondering why Stan Lee didn't just go with the premise that would finally be realized in the Tobey Maguire franchise. I mean, shit, he's got all the other powers of a spider. Why leave the webs out?

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Should Spidey have his web shooting built in, or should he have to "roll his own"?

It should be coming out of him, otherwise he's just a guy in a cheesy costume with a gadget.
Speaking of the new movie, I don't like who they have playing Spider Man. I don't buy him as Peter Parker as much as I did with Tobey Maguire. Maguire could pull of the 'nerdy innocence' of Parker. The new guy looks like he should be putting on the Venom costume.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i dont know why they are already re-doing the spiderman movies.

this shit blows my fucking mind.

a blonde Mary Jane? how about fuck off!

It should be coming out of him, otherwise he's just a guy in a cheesy costume with a gadget.
Speaking of the new movie, I don't like who they have playing Spider Man. I don't buy him as Peter Parker as much as I did with Tobey Maguire. Maguire could pull of the 'nerdy innocence' of Parker. The new guy looks like he should be putting on the Venom costume.

A guy with ultimate athleticism, a 6th sense, superhuman strength and a gadget.

i dont know why they are already re-doing the spiderman movies.

this shit blows my fucking mind.

a blonde mary jane? how about fuck off!

It's Gwen Stacey. Relax, guy who hates everything.

PROTIP: You two jokers should try hating on something after you watch it.

I've never paid much attention to Spiderman, or superheroes in general, so my opinion isn't biased to any particular era or memory in particular. That said, they should just be some strange product of his condition. Like MC22 said, the other way is kind of stupid.

With regards to the new movie, I'm not excited for it one bit, but I'm holding out some hope that it'll be better than the last few because it doesn't have Tobey Mcguire (sp?) in it. That guy fucking sucks.

C.K. Lawrence

Closed Account
Not to sound like a comic nerd but I'd like for them to keep to the comic as close as possible. Tobey fit as Spider Man pretty well, I don't know how this new dude is going to play out, likely not much better would be my guess. As I was saying when I heard of this new flick, at least it must draw new fans even if these continuous series of comic movies are very far from the base storylines they rob off of. Halle Berry as Catwoman, whatever. :D Anyway, yeah, I think he should shoot real webs like a Spider in spite of my above ramblings. :)

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
its too soon. the spider man movies were just done.

its milking and its bullshit. the last one was out in 07 i think. and they couldnt let it rest?

like i said, a blonde Mary Jane. case closed. you cant make Mary Jane a blonde.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
It's Gwen, not Jane...

It should be a mechanical device that creates the web because:

1. It's been that way in the comics FOR OVER 5 FREAKING DECADES and there is very VERY little reason to change it. In any adaptation to some type of artwork I'm always of the opinion that nothing should be changed if at all possible unless there is a extremely damn good reason for doing so, and in this case there isn‘t.

2. It shows Parker's intelligence and inventiveness. He isn't just about the super powers, and a lot of people forget that he's pretty smart also. The web shooters and maybe even more so the webbing itself is a remarkable invention. It’s also one more example of how he can solve problems other than his powers, or at least something else in combination with his powers, which he often has to do.

3. It provides a logical reason why he makes the famous hand gestures he does where he brings his middle and ring fingers back to his palm to shoot webbing. It's because he's supposed to be activating his web shooters. Otherwise it seems stupid.

4. It allows for moments of tension where he might run out of webbing, and has to figure out a way to go without or to quickly change cartridges of it.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
It should be a mechanical device that creates the web because:

1. It's been that way in the comics FOR OVER 5 FREAKING DECADES and there is very VERY little reason to change it. In any adaptation to some type of artwork I'm always of the opinion that nothing should be changed if at all possible unless there is a extremely damn good reason for doing so, and in this case there isn‘t.

2. It shows Parker's intelligence and inventiveness. He isn't just about the super powers, and a lot of people forget that he's pretty smart also. The web shooters and maybe even more so the webbing itself is a remarkable invention. It’s also one more example of how he can solve problems other than his powers, or at least something else in combination with his powers, which he often has to do.

3. It provides a logical reason why he makes the famous hand gestures he does where he brings his middle and ring fingers back to his palm to shoot webbing. It's because he's supposed to be activating his web shooters. Otherwise it seems stupid.

4. It allows for moments of tension where he might run out of webbing, and has to figure out a way to go without or to quickly change cartridges of it.

This.

like i said, a blonde mary jane. case closed. you cant make mary jane a blonde.

Whoa, slow down there Skip, you might have an aneurism. You see, the blonde cutie you believe to be Mary Jane is actually a character from the comics by the name of Gwen Stacy, who is being played by the ever gorgeous Emma Stone.

Anyway, if I remember right, in the comics doesn't Parker first make his own and then his powers actually grow stronger and then his body can produce its own web? Or was it the other way around: He first had the powers to do webs but then lost it and had to make his own.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Stan's Lee's cartoons always had Spiderman shooting his web using his middle finger pressing down on his palm by use of a gadget strapped to his hand, under his costume....

Spiderman shoots his web.jpg

... the web is actually a chemical by-product derived from his blood. As he did get bitten by a radioactive spider.

Gadget.

Much of Spider-man's stories was built around the foibles in his life, and running out of web fluid happened on occasion. Spider-man was the anti-Superman....lots of times, things didn't go well with him, and stuff like his webshooters not working made him a believable superhero. Just like we all have things happen (car breaks down, girlfriend breaks up w/ you, etc), things like that happened to Spider-man, and it made him a sympathetic figure, who happened to be able to cling to walls and throw cars around.

As someone else said, it also showed that he was a budding scientific whiz who could come up with stuff to solve problems.