• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

horror movies

yeah, you never know if you like it until you see it i suppose...

i agree, i kind of like the amityville remake more than the original.

but i had a problem with both "prom night" and Black christmas"... just like you said, prom night had no blood?! and black christmas/stranger in the house was one of my all time favorites, so the remake fell short for me...

Glad we agree on The Amityville Horror :)

Prom Night was sooo bad right. I was going to mention The Hitcher as well for being bad, but if I had to give my opinion on every remake I'd take up a full page on your thread lol

"Black Christmas", the 2006 version, is one of my favorites..First saw it at a premiere night Xmas Eve "midnight madness" showing at a theater in my area...It was a packed house and everybody had a great time !

I actually didn't even know it was a re-make...gotta check out the original !

Yeah, check it out. You won't be disappointed. Like Numb3rs said, he likes the original better and I at least found them around the same, so it won't be a waste of time :)

James Karen and Thom Matthews are hilarious together. I did like when they were in the crypt and all the fog was around them. Dead people don't rise from robbing them. (I hope) I did love the second one too. The teen punkers were pretty good partying in the graveyard. It never occured to me to party on graves.

They really are great together so they are. And it shows onscreen. I think it was James Karen in the documentary about the series that said Thom Matthews was a little hard to keep up with. James and Clu (Burt their boss from the first one) had a hard time keeping up with Thom through the sheer energy he had in him with the performances he gave in both movies. Karen was like "We're the two veterans here and this young thing is giving us a run for our money. We must be getting old." when talking about Thom Matthews. It shows how they all got on well with each other onscreen and offscreen as well. I think you can find the documentary on a seperate DVD and in the two disc special edition of the first movie due out soon here in the UK. Well two disc if it's DVD and one disc if it's Blu Ray. I'll be going for it even though I own the first movie already. The two hour documentary and interviews with all the cast of the movies is well worth the purchase alone.

If they would have brought James Karen and Thom Matthews back for the fourth and fifth ones maybe they would have been bareable. But as it stands I find that parts four and five are beyond redemption of any kind. They are the pits... and you don't get no lower than the pits. They held absolutely nothing that was great about the first two. Same goes for the third movie as well. But the third movie is better than parts four and five put together. I only own parts one and two though they hold everything that's great about the series. Atmosphere, tension, comedy, thrills, James and Thom. Everything. The series went down hill from part three onwards I thought. I know some like part three though. Not me. But to each their own thing.

Then again maybe James and Thom saw how bad four and five were and wanted nothing to do with them. I would have prefered one good movie than two crap movies. They made four and five back to back. Instead of using the budget to make two movies. They should have used it to make one good movie and brought James and Thom back for one more time. Guess it wasn't to be though.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
Speaking of graveyards... I need to go hurry up and get ready for my day so I can watch Grave Encounters before work. Or The Human Centipede 2. I haven't decided yet.

PS. I was just cleaning up my Netflix instant queue and saw that I hadn't removed The Perfect Host from it yet, from when I watched it over a month ago. If anyone hasn't seen that one yet, I recommend it! It has a really interesting twist to it. I was impressed!

Speaking of graveyards... I need to go hurry up and get ready for my day so I can watch Grave Encounters before work. Or The Human Centipede 2. I haven't decided yet.

PS. I was just cleaning up my Netflix instant queue and saw that I hadn't removed The Perfect Host from it yet, from when I watched it over a month ago. If anyone hasn't seen that one yet, I recommend it! It has a really interesting twist to it. I was impressed!

Do Grave Encounters! :D Glad to see you have it there to watch!

I had the chance to buy Grave Encounters today in Asda (the UK version of Walmart). I went with "The Lost Colony" instead. I will get Grave Encounters soon. I like another handheld camera styled movie called "Episode 50" it's about ghost hunting of sorts. Nice little movie that one is and it has a fellow Scot starring in it. I don't see many movies out there that allow us Scots to use our own accent in movies. Well British movies ok but any other movie we usually have to conform to the US accent or whatever accent the country in question has that is making the movie. Episode 50 has a Scots guy in it and he uses his own accent it sticks out through the rest being American accents. You can understand him fine it's just weird sounding through not being used to hearing the accent as often. You should check Episode 50 out if you like Grave Encounters both have the same sort of content. Some tend to prefer Grave Encounters to Episode 50. But if you ask me both are good but I'd opt for Episode 50 over GE. But that's just me.

Glad we agree on The Amityville Horror :)

Prom Night was sooo bad right. I was going to mention The Hitcher as well for being bad, but if I had to give my opinion on every remake I'd take up a full page on your thread lol

:thumbsup: original hitcher... "french fry" scene...

there may be trouble in paradise for hc3...
http://bestmoviesevernews.com/udo-kier-replacing-dieter-laser-human-centipede-3114/

thanks for reminding me about perfect host! i put it in and forgot about it... i want to see how creepy david hyde pierce can be if hes actually supposed to be :1orglaugh

Harley Spencer

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I was going to mention The Hitcher as well for being bad, but if I had to give my opinion on every remake I'd take up a full page on your thread lol

The only reason I liked the remake was because of Sean Bean.

Harley Spencer

:thumbsup: original hitcher... "french fry" scene...

there may be trouble in paradise for hc3...
http://bestmoviesevernews.com/udo-kier-replacing-dieter-laser-human-centipede-3114/

thanks for reminding me about perfect host! i put it in and forgot about it... i want to see how creepy david hyde pierce can be if hes actually supposed to be :1orglaugh

I just now watched the trailers on youtube for both movies. In the trailer for The Human Centipede 2, it states that it was banned in the UK. Is that true? The movie was banned in the UK? That's crazy!

All the reviews I've seen for that movie are of people talking about how disgusting it is and how the people who made it should be disgusted at themselves for how twisted it is. Well.... I like twisted. Horror movies should make you feel disturbed, you should be disgusted, you should be scared. That's what it's all about. If people can't handle that, they shouldn't watch it.

I just now watched the trailers on youtube for both movies. In the trailer for The Human Centipede 2, it states that it was banned in the UK. Is that true? The movie was banned in the UK? That's crazy!

All the reviews I've seen for that movie are of people talking about how disgusting it is and how the people who made it should be disgusted at themselves for how twisted it is. Well.... I like twisted. Horror movies should make you feel disturbed, you should be disgusted, you should be scared. That's what it's all about. If people can't handle that, they shouldn't watch it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/jun/06/human-centipede-sequel-bbfc

and australia...

i was surprised as well at first. ill admit, it does push the envelope, but its just a movie. like you said, "arent they supposed to be disturbing?"

i know a girl that has a yearly human centipede cupcake party...

Harley Spencer

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/jun/06/human-centipede-sequel-bbfc

and australia...

i was surprised as well at first. ill admit, it does push the envelope, but its just a movie. like you said, "arent they supposed to be disturbing?"

i know a girl that has a yearly human centipede cupcake party...

Really? Oh my god I can't believe it was actually banned! I've never heard of a movie being banned in a country before. That's insane. Now I really gotta watch this movie.

A yearly centipede cupcake party? What goes down at these parties?

Harley Spencer

I had the chance to buy Grave Encounters today in Asda (the UK version of Walmart). I went with "The Lost Colony" instead. I will get Grave Encounters soon. I like another handheld camera styled movie called "Episode 50" it's about ghost hunting of sorts. Nice little movie that one is and it has a fellow Scot starring in it. I don't see many movies out there that allow us Scots to use our own accent in movies. Well British movies ok but any other movie we usually have to conform to the US accent or whatever accent the country in question has that is making the movie. Episode 50 has a Scots guy in it and he uses his own accent it sticks out through the rest being American accents. You can understand him fine it's just weird sounding through not being used to hearing the accent as often. You should check Episode 50 out if you like Grave Encounters both have the same sort of content. Some tend to prefer Grave Encounters to Episode 50. But if you ask me both are good but I'd opt for Episode 50 over GE. But that's just me.

Screw changing your accents. That's just stupid. Unless it's a movie that is based off of stuff that's supposed to be happening in a particular country, for example, say, a movie made about... 9/11. It wouldn't make much sense for the people to all have British or Scottish accents.

But I love those accents! I could just sit and listen to you talk all day long and be happy. I don't even care what you're talking about. Just talk.

Harley Spencer

Just read the article about THC2 being banned. Barbed wire around his penis while raping?!?! Oh my god! That's worse than the broom stick handle ass rape in the movie Stoic. Which was a very... well, it was a good movie. Really touching, really disturbing, it really makes you feel... awful that stuff like that happens. I was upset with Netflix on that movie, it just stopped playing with about 10-15 minutes left of the movie. It pissed me off so much! So now I will never know how it ended.

Tried to edit this into my previous quote post, but it was too far past edit time.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
A god movie from Austrialia I enjoyed was Wolf Creek, and one of my all time favorite Sci Fi Horror filmed in Wales I think was called Evil Aliens, it has one of the best scenes involving a combine harvester.

Just read the article about THC2 being banned. Barbed wire around his penis while raping?!?! Oh my god! That's worse than the broom stick handle ass rape in the movie Stoic. Which was a very... well, it was a good movie. Really touching, really disturbing, it really makes you feel... awful that stuff like that happens. I was upset with Netflix on that movie, it just stopped playing with about 10-15 minutes left of the movie. It pissed me off so much! So now I will never know how it ended.

yeah, netflix did the same thing to me while watching "things to do in denver when youre dead". i had already seen the movie, but it still pist me off.

heres the "stoic" wiki page... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoic_(film)

Hahaha! Oh my god!

Ok I love cupcakes.. who doesn't? But that's a little out there. Do you really do that?

yeah, she dresses up and everything.

A god movie from Austrialia I enjoyed was Wolf Creek, and one of my all time favorite Sci Fi Horror filmed in Wales I think was called Evil Aliens, it has one of the best scenes involving a combine harvester.

i havent seen evil aliens yet. i almost rented it back when there were video stores, but opted for "fire in the sky" instead