• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

horror movies

Hondarobot

Banned
[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/harley-spencer said:
Harley Spencer[/URL][/B], post: 6674261, member: 579739"]Entered the contest? She's been in the contest.

I wasn't aware of that, it's an interesting turn of events though (which makes a great contest).

sam raimi to produce "poltergeist" remake... im sure ravenholm has some choice words on this...
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...at-sam-raimis-in-talks-to-direct-poltergeist/

Now I already knew this, but I'd like to be the first one on here to say I'm interested. I am someone who likes to see a remake. Some are good, some are bad, some are better (it's all your opinion). I don't get why people bash shit before they see it. The best I've heard is "it ruins the original." No, it doesn't. If you don't like it, go back and watch the original, that's what I do. I like to wait and see what it's like before jumping on the hate train instead of pretending I have a crystal ball.

Some remakes that I thought were better than their predecessors:
Last House on the Left
The Amityville Horror (That's right, because the first one absolutely raped the book,which I am a huge fan of. Whereas at least the remake just used the characters and made it's own spin and never tried to be like the book. Not to mention the acting. Even when the movie was panned by certain critics, Reynolds was highly praised.)

On par with original:
Friday the 13th (It encompassed a few of the first Friday the 13ths and was all what they were about. I saw complaints that Jason "ran." Well surprise, he ran in at least part 2 and 3 of the original series as well. The whole series is teens fucking and getting killed. That's what it gave! What more did people want?).
Black Christmas

Worse:
Nightmare on Elm Street (My favorite horror series of all time. I was on board with everything I was seeing and when I went to the theatres and saw Jackie Earle Haleys first appearance as Freddy I looked at my then g/f and asked "Can we leave now?" We didn't, but what a terrible movie. The third worst I have ever seen).
Prom Night (No blood? PG-13? Seriously?)
Quarantine (I know it was only made shortly after [Rec], but there was no need. It might have been alright as it's own movie, but not in comparison to the spanish original).

These are just my opinions, when it comes to movies no one is right or wrong. But I'll watch the Poltergeist remake and hope that it's good. If not, oh well :)

Btw Mr. Num3ers, thanks for not spoiling the Exorcist 3 hallway scene. I've just seen all over boards everywhere it's really good. I guess I have to see and judge for myself!

I'll probably catch hell for this but I think the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was more entertaining than the original. I understand the original film created the genre and is culturally relevant but if I was stuck on a desert island with one movie for the rest of my life I would take Jessica Biel's ass over the original any day.

Hondarobot

Banned
I'll probably catch hell for this but I think the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake was more entertaining than the original. I understand the original film created the genre and is culturally relevant but if I was stuck on a desert island with one movie for the rest of my life I would take Jessica Biel's ass over the original any day.

Huge problem with Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake: when Jessica Biel was making her way through the basement, wearing a wet t-shirt, she wasn't nipped out. Beil with visible nipples would have at least been worthy of a Youtube clip.

That's the only thing I can think of that would have saved that movie.

Jane Burgess

Official Checked Star Member
i also like that they play shows like "monsters" and "tales from the darkside"... the only crappy thing is that they have to edit the films

i havent seen grave encounters yet... ill have to find that

and i didnt know the writers of you got served did queen of the damned... thats funny

They do play good, old shows. I was watching Fridat the 13th the series on there the other day. I hope they show "war of the worlds" tv series, that would rock.

Now I already knew this, but I'd like to be the first one on here to say I'm interested. I am someone who likes to see a remake. Some are good, some are bad, some are better (it's all your opinion). I don't get why people bash shit before they see it. The best I've heard is "it ruins the original." No, it doesn't. If you don't like it, go back and watch the original, that's what I do. I like to wait and see what it's like before jumping on the hate train instead of pretending I have a crystal ball.

Last House on the Left
The Amityville Horror (That's right, because the first one absolutely raped the book,which I am a huge fan of. Whereas at least the remake just used the characters and made it's own spin and never tried to be like the book. Not to mention the acting. Even when the movie was panned by certain critics, Reynolds was highly praised.)

On par with original:
Friday the 13th (It encompassed a few of the first Friday the 13ths and was all what they were about. I saw complaints that Jason "ran." Well surprise, he ran in at least part 2 and 3 of the original series as well. The whole series is teens fucking and getting killed. That's what it gave! What more did people want?).
Black Christmas

Worse:
Nightmare on Elm Street (My favorite horror series of all time. I was on board with everything I was seeing and when I went to the theatres and saw Jackie Earle Haleys first appearance as Freddy I looked at my then g/f and asked "Can we leave now?" We didn't, but what a terrible movie. The third worst I have ever seen).
Quarantine (I know it was only made shortly after [Rec], but there was no need. It might have been alright as it's own movie, but not in comparison to the spanish original).

These are just my opinions, when it comes to movies no one is right or wrong. But I'll watch the Poltergeist remake and hope that it's good. If not, oh well :)

Btw Mr. Num3ers, thanks for not spoiling the Exorcist 3 hallway scene. I've just seen all over boards everywhere it's really good. I guess I have to see and judge for myself!

yeah, you never know if you like it until you see it i suppose...

i agree, i kind of like the amityville remake more than the original.

but i had a problem with both "prom night" and Black christmas"... just like you said, prom night had no blood?! and black christmas/stranger in the house was one of my all time favorites, so the remake fell short for me...

no, i agree... without comparing it to the original, i did enjoy it.

but hondarobot is right, the wet shirt was a disappointment... jessica biel see through wet shirt? :spanking:

Jane Burgess

I own the first two on DVD. Love them so I do. James Karen and Thom Matthews are one of my all time favourite double acts. They nail ever line in every situation perfectly. Like in the second movie James Karen's character Ed thinks that because the dead are rising from their graves that God has made it happen as revenge for him making a career out of robbing the dead. So Ed drops to his knees in the middle of the graveyard and starts praying for forgiveness for robbing all the graves. And they are surrounded by zombies and the zombies are getting closer by the second.

It went something like this....

Ed (dropping to his knees): "I'm sorry!. Oh God I'm so sorry!!!"
Joey (as he grabs Ed's jacket): "I've got a feeling he ain't listening right now. Get up!."

In the middle of the dead coming back to life (for whatever reason) you don't drop to your knees in the middle of a group of zombies and start to pray LMFAO!. There are MANY MANY moments between these two actors that are memorable. Both movies have the two actors in them but they play completely different roles in both movies. Like in the second movie Joey says something like "I've got a feeling like we've been here before!" as he's slowly turning into a zombie and Ed just nods in approval. Same situation (zombie outbreak and they get infected as well... just as different characters).

The first two hold the 80s atmosphere perfectly in them. The second movie is criminally underrated so it is. It captures the whole ghost town type atmosphere perfectly when the shit hits the fan and the group are the only ones left in the town... besides the undead as the army have quarantined the place. The first two Return of the Living Dead movies are the only ones I like and own. They are great pieces of the 80s horror genre.

Check the main theme out for a kick ass tune!

James Karen and Thom Matthews are hilarious together. I did like when they were in the crypt and all the fog was around them. Dead people don't rise from robbing them. (I hope) I did love the second one too. The teen punkers were pretty good partying in the graveyard. It never occured to me to party on graves.

They do play good, old shows. I was watching Fridat the 13th the series on there the other day. I hope they show "war of the worlds" tv series, that would rock.

i actually dug up old episodes of war of the worlds the last few days... since i was just a wee boy when that show aired, i overlooked the plot holes and very strange hop from season 1 to 2

if you enjoyed that show when you were younger, as i did... i think you shouldnt re-watch it. it may ruin your perception of the show :facepalm:

Any Exorcist 3 or Brad Dourif fans out there should check out the X-Files episode Beyond the Sea because his performance in it is way better than Exorcist 3. I knew he was an intense actor and stuff but when I saw that episode I was like Jesus I didn't know he was this good.

Not a movie, but, V: the TV series from the 80s. That show scared the CRAP out of me when I was a kid. There was something really, really unsettling about people ripping their faces off to reveal reptilian visages.

Blech!

Not a movie, but, V: the TV series from the 80s. That show scared the CRAP out of me when I was a kid. There was something really, really unsettling about people ripping their faces off to reveal reptilian visages.

Blech!

thats a series im waiting to watch/re-watch more of once one of my friends gets it... (im too lazy and cheap)

they remade it in 2009, but i didnt watch any of it though

Last House on the Left

On par with original:
Black Christmas

Worse:

"Black Christmas", the 2006 version, is one of my favorites..First saw it at a premiere night Xmas Eve "midnight madness" showing at a theater in my area...It was a packed house and everybody had a great time !

I actually didn't even know it was a re-make...gotta check out the original !

"Black Christmas", the 2006 version, is one of my favorites..First saw it at a premiere night Xmas Eve "midnight madness" showing at a theater in my area...It was a packed house and everybody had a great time !

I actually didn't even know it was a re-make...gotta check out the original !

you really do. depending on your tastes, you may find it to be drawn out... but again, it is one of my all time favorite horror films.

you really do. depending on your tastes, you may find it to be drawn out... but again, it is one of my all time favorite horror films.

Really ! If the original is one of your all-time favorites, then I must definately check it out, because I'm always inclined to value the opinion of another horror movie enthusiast...

Harley Spencer

I wasn't aware of that, it's an interesting turn of events though (which makes a great contest).

Unless the rules have been changed, it's not possible to enter the contest once it's started. There was a registration deadline. It wouldn't be fair if all these girls competed with each other during the first and second round, and then a new girl just jumps right in during round 3, without her having to deal with competing with all the other girls from the first two rounds.

If you've just noticed her this recently, my guess would be that it's because she hasn't been that active until now. I presume that's how it's going to be until round 3 is over. Each girl is going to promote the hell out of herself to get as many votes as possible, even if they might not have been active at all throughout the previous part of the contest.

EDIT: I just looked it up. I was right. Before today (errr, yesterday now that it's past midnight), she hadn't posted on the board since July of 2011.

If you've just noticed her this recently, my guess would be that it's because she hasn't been that active until now. I presume that's how it's going to be until round 3 is over. Each girl is going to promote the hell out of herself to get as many votes as possible, even if they might not have been active at all throughout the previous part of the contest.

i think we are all in agreement here
trek_hmm.gif