• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Homer Simpson vs. Al Bundy ( whos the better/funnier dad )

Al, I have always felt that Homer was a cartoon version of Al, I also felt really sorry for Al most of the time.

That might be true, but the bundys are a riot,all of them

Homer is the only funny member of the simpsons familly
along with grandpa

Rakete said:
Al Bundy doesn´t even make me smile, the taped laughter in the background is making me sick, too.
The Simpsons are the best animated TV-show ever (together with Futurama). Homer rules!
how about family guy

silentfall

Closed Account
al went to strip joints on a reg basis

These are some of the "At he nudie bar" rhymes from various Married with children episodes . . . . ( NOTICE THE TRUTH IN THEM ALL )

From Rites of Passage (616):
Where the music stinks, and they water the drinks, the nudie bar.
Where the girlies dance in their underpants, the nudie bar.
Where you see their butt, and their trap stays shut, at the nudie bar.
Where you can't touch a breast, but you can cave in a chest, at the nudie bar.
Where you look at a thigh, and blacken an eye, at the nudie bar.
Where the beer gives you gas, but the Bundys kick ass, at the nudie bar.

From NO MA'AM (809):
Where a buck's enough to see their stuff, at the nudie bar.
Where the breasts may be fake but man do they shake, at the nudie bar.
Where you swear like a sailor, and wish you could nail her, at the nudie bar.
Where the cops are at the door, and there's a Kennedy on the floor, at the nudie bar.

From I Can't Believe It's Butter (1012)
Where Christmas is nice, and lap dances are half price, at the nudie bar.
Where you drink down the shooters, and unwrap the hooters, at the nudie bar.
Where eggnogs are plenty, and the girls all twenty, at the nudie bar.

:rofl: :rofl:

Wow, talk about the unanswerable question! These guys have been my 2 favorite television characters of all time. However, i think you could have easily added Peter Griffin from "Family Guy" to the list also. But, "Family Guy" also has great characters like Stewy and Brian the dog. And I am in utter shock over the guy who has never seen a Simpsons episode and doesn't care. That's just wrong, the Simpsons will go down as one of the best shows ever on television, animated or not. The comedy is top notch, the writing is excellent, and it's been on for what, 13 or 14 years. It has stood the test of time, and is still a great program.

Now, to the debate of who's better between Al "Four Touchdowns in one game" Bundy, and Homer J. Simpson, well, that's a damn tough one. And when a decision is tough, i usually go to the facts and the numbers. Both of these shows, the Simpsons and Married With Children are 2 of the original shows that the Fox network aired when they debuted. They both have stood the test of time, as the Simpsons is still going, and Married with Children lasted a good 9 or 10 seasons, and still does well in syndication. Homer Simpson easily takes an advantage here, as the Simpsons have outlasted Married With Children.

However, you have to give Al Bundy(Ed O'Neil) his dues, because lets face it, he works harder than Homer Simpson ever has. What do i mean by that you ask? Well, Ed O'Neil is an actual actor who had to get up and go to work everyday to keep the show fresh. Homer Simpson is simply a drawn creation of Matt Groening, who is voiced by Dan Castellaneta. And it's no knock on Dan, but doing a voice for a character is nothing compared to actually showing up and acting. Bottom line, Al Bundy was a real person who did the work, Homer has help. Advantage Al Bundy.

Final thoughts: The Simpsons is still going, hell with a movie in the works and the fact that it is perrenially a good show, it definitely deserves all the acclaim it receives. Hell, the show may never end. Married With Children didn't last as long, but was great nonetheless. The Simpsons started off as more of a family show in it's first 2 seasons and developed into a cruder, more dark humored show as it progressed. However, Married With Children began as crude and dark humored, and ended the same way, and still remained fresh. Bottom line is, I could debate this for the rest of my life, but I think the answer is simple, Al Bundy was an everyman, meaning he was the working class hero, who had a lazy wife, and kids who were worthless, though christina applegate was hot!! I'm sure any working class man can relate to Al Bundy at one point in his life or another. Homer Simpson is also a working class hero and one of the funniest characters ever created. However, it all comes down to the fact that Ed O'Neil actually did the hard work of acting out Al Bundy and Homer Simpson had help from a voicer and a creator. I love them both, but the winner of the best television character of all time, by probably less than 1 percentage point is AL BUNDY!!

Keep on rockin and rollin!!

WC-Madman said:
Wow, talk about the unanswerable question! These guys have been my 2 favorite television characters of all time. However, i think you could have easily added Peter Griffin from "Family Guy" to the list also. But, "Family Guy" also has great characters like Stewy and Brian the dog. And I am in utter shock over the guy who has never seen a Simpsons episode and doesn't care. That's just wrong, the Simpsons will go down as one of the best shows ever on television, animated or not. The comedy is top notch, the writing is excellent, and it's been on for what, 13 or 14 years. It has stood the test of time, and is still a great program.

Now, to the debate of who's better between Al "Four Touchdowns in one game" Bundy, and Homer J. Simpson, well, that's a damn tough one. And when a decision is tough, i usually go to the facts and the numbers. Both of these shows, the Simpsons and Married With Children are 2 of the original shows that the Fox network aired when they debuted. They both have stood the test of time, as the Simpsons is still going, and Married with Children lasted a good 9 or 10 seasons, and still does well in syndication. Homer Simpson easily takes an advantage here, as the Simpsons have outlasted Married With Children.

However, you have to give Al Bundy(Ed O'Neil) his dues, because lets face it, he works harder than Homer Simpson ever has. What do i mean by that you ask? Well, Ed O'Neil is an actual actor who had to get up and go to work everyday to keep the show fresh. Homer Simpson is simply a drawn creation of Matt Groening, who is voiced by Dan Castellaneta. And it's no knock on Dan, but doing a voice for a character is nothing compared to actually showing up and acting. Bottom line, Al Bundy was a real person who did the work, Homer has help. Advantage Al Bundy.

Final thoughts: The Simpsons is still going, hell with a movie in the works and the fact that it is perrenially a good show, it definitely deserves all the acclaim it receives. Hell, the show may never end. Married With Children didn't last as long, but was great nonetheless. The Simpsons started off as more of a family show in it's first 2 seasons and developed into a cruder, more dark humored show as it progressed. However, Married With Children began as crude and dark humored, and ended the same way, and still remained fresh. Bottom line is, I could debate this for the rest of my life, but I think the answer is simple, Al Bundy was an everyman, meaning he was the working class hero, who had a lazy wife, and kids who were worthless, though christina applegate was hot!! I'm sure any working class man can relate to Al Bundy at one point in his life or another. Homer Simpson is also a working class hero and one of the funniest characters ever created. However, it all comes down to the fact that Ed O'Neil actually did the hard work of acting out Al Bundy and Homer Simpson had help from a voicer and a creator. I love them both, but the winner of the best television character of all time, by probably less than 1 percentage point is AL BUNDY!!

Keep on rockin and rollin!!

.....Excellent points here madman.....
Im sure that most will agree that some of the newer Simpson episodes are rather dull, its all about seasons 2-10

Married with children seasons 1-11 are all insanly funny!!
Jefferson d`arcy,Griff,Bob rooney,Officer dan,Ike, No ma`am
Even that prude Steve rhoads had funny moments !!

I know one thing, They both helped Fox become what it is today
and will still be on 20 or 50 years from now !! ala ( I love Lucy )
and all the other classic sitcoms !

Sutty

Banned
Just stupid fact for you....Homer Simpson was voted the greatest American ever by the British public:D

:wtf:
, are you serious ?

To quote my buddy Supershadow . . ."Tres cool buddy"

:glugglug:

The season dvds are a must buy for us bundy fans

I just felt like bringin this topic back to the 1st page . . .

The season 4 dvd set of The Simpsons is due out June 15.

Give it up for Al Bundy. I mean he did give us Kelly Bundy and years of wet dreams.
ca297.jpg