• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

History Channel Annoyance

iv6789

Closed Account
Are there any quirky things about the History Channel that annoy you?

My big one for today is that they keep referring to Leonardo da Vinci as just da Vinci. I realize this is probably a popular reference because everyone knows him by that name, but they're really doing nothing but saying, "of Vinci" meaning the city.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel a historically accurate channel should properly refer to their main topic by his correct name.

This is also why the name "The da Vinci Code" is a ridiculous title for a book when it is specifically referring to Leonardo da Vinci.

Axe men & Ice road truckers... I still haven't figured out why they show such crappy programs about a bunch of brainless people on a channel that's supposed to be focussing on history. I've often thought the people participating in these programs might be neanderthals, but as far as I know, they looked different.

^^^ Those are usually shown on The Discovery Channel over here along with "American Chopper". Or on Discovery: Science which pisses me off even more than if it were shown on the History channel. In fact I don't think Discovery: Science ever shows anything of true scientific merit. Only crappy "How it's made" type shows and other nonsense.

My complaint:

The fact that whenever I'm on the channel nothing other than World War 2 documentaries are on. It seems to me that they seem to think of this as the only period in history of any importance. Of course it's an interesting time period, but come one widen the net.

The channel does have a very narrow field of history that it decides to cover. I guess that is because they have to stick to the "popular" periods in history that everyone knows at least a little about to keep everybody comfortable. They also have a tendency to water things down for mass appeal which I don't like. I can't blame them for this, but I do find it annoying.

^^ Enough of the right wing’s whining about politically incorrect.

As much as it may upset you, slavery, Europe and the U.S. colonizing underdeveloped nations, killing off Native Americans to take the land, etc were wrong.

I hardly ever watch the History Channel anymore. The history of the safety pin or the history of swine just does not interest me.

History International is great though. I like that more the most part their shows are from a much broader time frame. Also, I enjoy the naked archeologist.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I think the only show on the History Channel that I really dislike is Pawn Stars. But for the most part, I watch History International. It covers ancient history, whereas the History Channel tends to mostly cover modern history.

Rome: Power & Glory, Engineering an Empire and The True Story of Troy are maginificent shows from History International.

They spend too much time on WW2.

Every time they do a new show on WW2, they claim it has new footage, and all you see is the same shit, just a extra few seconds of the old footage.

I hate National Geo, Discovery and those type channels that try to force this crap about the earth being older than 7k years down are throats. They try to be politically correct with their whole “theory” of evolution.

Everyone knows that God created man, woman and ‘bama football players (who are a higher plateau)

It seems every other show on History Channel is always about Hitler or something to do about Hitler.

I want to know how a Pawn Shop reality show deals with history in a sense. Sure some things might have historical value, but who cares? Seriously, why the hell are people watching a show where people come in to pawn something off so they can most likely try and pay a bill for that month?

I don't know. History Channel is becoming another A&E but with a crap load of Hitler footage.

The Military Channel is getting heavily redundant! It is nothing but the same old stuff week after week. The weekends are just what they played during the week in marathon form it seems.

My goodness. Get some new stuff out already!

By the way is FutureWeapons still around on Discovery Channel?

jasonk282

Banned
I liked Wild West Tech and when they did the Old West sharp shooter series that was pretty cool. I usually watch either mythbusters or the Military channel anymore on the discovery networks.

jasonk282

Banned
The Military Channel is getting heavily redundant! It is nothing but the same old stuff week after week. The weekends are just what they played during the week in marathon form it seems.

My goodness. Get some new stuff out already!

By the way is FutureWeapons still around on Discovery Channel?

Military channel now, Mac is the man.

Well I meant are there NEW episodes. Lack of details on that front.

jasonk282

Banned
Well I meant are there NEW episodes. Lack of details on that front.

Oh well then No, but the discover channel does haved Lock N Load with R. Lee Ermey. Bascily him going around shooting different era weapons and blowing shit up.

I've watched Lock N Load. I enjoy it.

I like how FutureWeapons would show all the goodies before they come out ready to do their sweet, sweet business on the battlefield. Glorious! :D

jasonk282

Banned
I've watched Lock N Load. I enjoy it.

I like how FutureWeapons would show all the goodies before they come out ready to do their sweet, sweet business on the battlefield. Glorious! :D

Yes and the fact that both shows have actual military people is a bonus not some stupid hollywood host.

Yup former Marine and former SEAL :hatsoff:

They should definitely know what they are talking about.

jasonk282

Banned
They do. It was funny the one eposide on lock n load took the M16 vs the Ak and Ermery was busting the AK guys balls the whole time about how shitty his weapon was.