• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Harris County Deputy Gunned Down in Cold Blood

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
This is sickening. A Harris County (Houston, TX area) deputy was filling up his cruiser at a Chevron station last night when some fucking asshole just walked up and shot him multiple times execution-style, killing him. There is an intense manhunt in northwest Harris County going on right now. 10-year veteran Deputy Darren Goforth, 47, leaves behind a wife and 2 children, a 12-year-old daughter and a 5-year-old son. My heart goes out to his family and I certainly hope they find this motherfucker and bring him to justice one way or the other. If it turns out that this is a retribution killing for some of the controversial incidents that have taken place in the past year between police and unarmed citizens, it should be tried as a hate crime under the law since the deputy was killed for no other reason than he was a police officer. :crying:

A Harris County sheriff ’s deputy was ambushed and killed while refueling his cruiser Friday night at a northwest Harris County service station.

Early Saturday, Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman identified the slain deputy as Darren Goforth, 47, a 10-year department veteran.

In his 45 years in law enforcement, Hickman said he couldn’t “recall another incident so cold-blooded and cowardly.”

Officials with the sheriff ’s department said Go-forth had driven to the Chevron station at Telge and West after responding to a routine car accident about 30 minutes before.

“He was pumping into his vehicle ... and the male suspect came up behind him and shot the deputy multiple times,” said Deputy Thomas Gilliland at a press briefing.

“The deputy fell to the ground ... the suspect came over and shot the deputy again multiple times as he lay on the ground,” Gilliland said. The man fled west in a red or maroon Ford Ranger pickup

A witness called 911 and told dispatchers what had happened, bringing deputies racing to the site of the 8:20 p.m. shooting.

“EMS arrived on scene,” said Gilliland, his voice catching slightly. “Unfortunately, the deputy passed.”

“We are actively searching for suspect right now,” he continued, describing the man they are looking for as dark-complexioned, about 5 feet 10 to 6 feet tall, wearing a white T-shirt and red shorts. He is believed to be between 20 and 25 years old.

The shooting prompted an outpouring of grief and prayers from officers and public officials, including Gov. Greg Abbott, who tweeted: “Prayers Please for family of this Texas sheriff ’s deputy who was shot & killed Friday near Houston.”

There was no apparent motive for the killing as law enforcement continued to scour the area for the suspect early Saturday.

“I can tell you with diligence and justice the suspect will be caught, Gilli-land said. “And he will be brought to justice.”

Goforth was stationed in District 5 in northwest Harris County. Hickman said Goforth had a wife and two children.

Detectives were checking the station security camera to see if the video offers them any clues into Goforth’s slaying.

“It’s a very busy intersection. People come and go all the time,” Gilliland said.

He later was asked if he had any words for the gunman who killed his fellow deputy.

“Give yourself up. That’s what I have to say,” Gilliland said. “This is a very callous individual.”

Harris County sheriff ’s deputies, homicide investigators and officers from other agencies, including the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Houston Police Department, responded to the scene within minutes and began searching for the gunman.

Life Flight was originally dispatched to the scene but called back after first responders realized it was too late.

“This is a very tough moment right now for the Harris County Sheriff ’s Office,” Gilliland said. “Keep us in your prayers and in your thoughts.”

Harris County Judge Ed Emmett said he was informed of the slaying Friday night and had spoken with Hickman.

Stressing he did not know all the details, Emmett said, “It’s tragic; these are the men and women who put their lives on the line for us every day. This is a heartbreaking reminder of the dangers they face to protect us. My sincere thoughts and prayers are with his family.”

The shooting left deputies and local law enforcement reeling and comes a week after a Harris County jailer died during a confrontation with an inmate at the jail. And on Monday, the trial begins for the allegedly intoxicated driver who in 2014 smashed into the car Deputy Jesse Valdez was driving on his way to a welfare check.

The last time a sheriff ’s deputy was intentionally shot to death in the line of duty was Deputy Joseph Norman Dennis in May 2001.

Bob Goerlitz, president of the Harris County Deputies Organization, said, “The way this happened

– it wasn’t a family disturbance , he wasn’t chasing an armed suspect; this was cold-blooded murder.”

“We’ve been warned of things like this because of public sentiment nationally and events over the last few years,” Goerlitz said. “It’s just horrific. That’s the only way to describe it.”

Goerlitz said he’d met Goforth a few years after he joined the department and was one of Goforth’s instructors during his patrol training.

Goerlitz described the slain deputy as an “easygoing guy who wouldn’t hurt a fly.”

Late Friday, former Sheriff Adrian Garcia took to Twitter.

“The prayers of my family and I are with the entire Harris County Sheriff ’s Office and the family of our fallen deputy,” he said in a tweet. “I know that many hearts are heavy tonight.

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Ol...pageno=MQ..&entity=QXIwMDEwMg..&view=ZW50aXR5

It appears it's open season on law enforcement.

This is Texas (God bless them). If this guy isn't killed in a blaze of glory or suicides, he's getting the chair. So a hate crime charge would be academic unless enhanced sentencing meant he got tied to an ant hill instead.

RIP and prayers for that deputy's family.

Jagger69

It appears it's open season on law enforcement.

This is Texas (God bless them). If this guy isn't killed in a blaze of glory or suicides, he's getting the chair. So a hate crime charge would be academic unless enhanced sentencing meant he got tied to an ant hill instead.

RIP and prayers for that deputy's family.

I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek about the "hate crime" aspect of this since, the way the law is worded in Texas, this would likely not qualify as a hate crime (unless it could be proven their was a racial motivation). The hate crime law as it is written is inherently flawed since it only applies to crimes "motivated by the victim's race, religion, color, sex, disability, sexual preference, age, or national origin". Doesn't say anything about what you do for a living.

By the way, "the chair" is in a museum in Huntsville. They use lethal injection (but I'm certain you knew that....) to put 'em down now. My guess is this guy won't be taken alive....cops don't give much leeway when someone kills one of their own.

By the way, "the chair" is in a museum in Huntsville. They use lethal injection (but I'm certain you knew that....) to put 'em down now.

I didn't think they still used the chair, though I hoped. That would be cruel and unusual after all. No, these monsters are accorded the same level of dignity as our beloved pets. I meant "the chair" as an all-encompassing term for capital punishment. I guess like some old timers would call their LED TVs "the tube."

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Cops hunting a cop killer in Texas....that guy has about as much of a chance as a beer in my refrigerator. Except I'm not going to drink the same beer, as many times as that clown is going to get shot...but you get the point. I feel bad for those kids, they had a father that was only trying to make there little corner of the world a safer place, and he had to pay an unacceptable price, from some spineless little bitch, that can't accept that some of these recent shootings were in fact justified.

“We are actively searching for suspect right now,” he continued, describing the man they are looking for as dark-complexioned, about 5 feet 10 to 6 feet tall, wearing a white T-shirt and red shorts. He is believed to be between 20 and 25 years old.

Dark-complexioned. That's helpful.

Like Dylan Roof was light-complexioned I guess.

Jagger69

Dark-complexioned. That's helpful.

Like Dylan Roof was light-complexioned I guess.

Translation: He was Black, Indian (Asian), Middle-Eastern or Hispanic. Not a Caucasian. Our ethnicities in Houston are the most diverse in the nation so the police and press are very careful not to put an exact label on suspects until they know for sure. SOP.

Translation: He was Black, Indian (Asian), Middle-Eastern or Hispanic. Not a Caucasian. Our ethnicities in Houston are the most diverse in the nation so the police and press are very careful not to put an exact label on suspects until they know for sure. SOP.

If he was other than black he would've been described as Indian, Middle-Eastern or Hispanic. It's just more politically correct nonsense. Look at the still shot - he's as black as midnight. If they're going to enlist the help of the public let them know what fucking race he is. Even without the pic, they give away that he's black by referencing the discord from recent police shootings.

this ALL started with...if i had a son. they may as well forget race issues. its about to get worse.............

Jagger69

If he was other than black he would've been described as Indian, Middle-Eastern or Hispanic. It's just more politically correct nonsense. Look at the still shot - he's as black as midnight. If they're going to enlist the help of the public let them know what fucking race he is. Even without the pic, they give away that he's black by referencing the discord from recent police shootings.

You'd think so but I'm telling you this is normal for Houston. He looks black to me as well from the video still but it's not a real clear picture and unless there was an eyewitness that stated specifically "He was a black guy" (or Hispanic or Asian or whatever) or they had a clearly-defined picture, they just will not say it. Not saying I agree with the SOP, just stating the reality here in H-town. By the way, this incident took place only about 5 miles from where I live in an area that is normally just a peaceful bedroom community NW of Houston.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Looks like the dude's own mother turned him in....man,

That is possibly the blackest thing she could have done. People think the whole "snitches get stitches" thing is true but it isn't. Black people roll over on their own faster than Will can get his pants down to whack it to guys with tits.

But I digress. My heart goes out to the deputy and his family. May justice be served.

Jagger69

They got the fucker. Amazing they took him alive. I would think that, if found guilty, he will definitely get the death penalty....even though I am vehemently opposed to it as most of you already know. What a horrific tragedy....this dude is a monster if it is proven that he was the perpetrator. I feel such empathy for his family....:crying:

HOUSTON (KTRK) --

A suspect is in custody, charged in Friday night's shooting death of a Harris County deputy.

At a press conference Saturday afternoon, Harris County Sheriff Ron Hickman announced that Shannon J. Miles, 30, a person who had been in custody since early Saturday morning, is charged with capital murder.

Miles is accused of killing Deputy Darren Goforth, 47, in northwest Harris County. Investigators say Deputy Goforth had worked an accident scene at around 8:30pm, then went to a gas station on Telge and West Road. As he was pumping gas, detectives say Miles approached Deputy Goforth from behind, said nothing and fired multiple shots. Once he fell to the ground, authorities say Miles fired more shots at the deputy. Deputy Goforth was pronounced dead at the scene.

A vigil was held at the gas station where the deputy was fatally shot in NW Harris County.

"I am proud of the men and women that have worked swiftly to apprehend the responsible person who posed a significant threat to both law enforcement and the community at large," Hickman said. "Our deputies return to the streets tonight to hold a delicate peace that was shattered last evening."

Hickman said the motive for the killing had not been determined but investigators would look at whether Miles, who is black, was motivated by anger over recent killings elsewhere of black men by police that have spawned the "Black Lives Matter" protest movement. Officials say Deputy Goforth had no previous interaction with Miles.

"I think that's something that we have to keep an eye on," Hickman said. "The general climate of that kind of rhetoric can be influential on people to do things like this. We're still searching to find out if that's actually a motive."

Earlier on Saturday, Hickman had called the killing a "cold-blooded assassination."

"Cops' lives matter, too," Hickman said then. "So why don't we drop the qualifier and say lives matter."

The press conference to announce charges against Miles was the second of the afternoon. In the first, Hickman, along with other county officials, issued a plea to the public for anyone who knows anything about the fatal shooting of Deputy Goforth to come forward. Asked at the second press conference why he asked for the public's help if he already had someone in custody, Hickman said he had to be sure.

"We always want to make sure we leave no stone unturned because people who were at the scene who we have not talked to yet may have more details to help solidify our case," He said.

Miles has a criminal history that includes Resisting arrest, trespassing, evading detention and disorderly conduct with a firearm.

http://abc13.com/news/suspect-charged-in-shooting-death-of-harris-co-deputy/961336/

Jagger69

dark-complexioned :facepalm:
They don't wanna be called like this, now, do they? Because i swear to God i'm not going to.

You don't need to but it's the term the Houston & Harris County police have chosen to use. Dumb but it's what they do.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
dark-complexioned :facepalm:
They don't wanna be called like this, now, do they? Because i swear to God i'm not going to.

Okay fine! I'll just say it..........he was a Mexigro, or a Peurto Negrian......they aren't sure...but he had a dark complexion...not a tan, a COMPLEXION.