• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

GUNS: Report Links State Gun Laws to Rates of Slayings, Trafficking

Facetious

Moderated
From page 1 of article -

·
The 10 states with the highest crime-gun export rates had nearly 60 percent more gun homicides than the 10 states with the lowest rates. The high-export states also had nearly three times as many fatal shootings of police officers.

· States requiring background checks for handgun sales at gun shows have an export rate nearly half the national average. None of the 10 highest export states, including Virginia, requires the checks, according to the report. Maryland does.

WTF is that ? All states don't require a criminal background check in order to legally purchase a firearm ? :dunno:

I knew that there were no registration states but no background req'd states ?
Could this be a major source of the problem ? I'd say so.

We can never stop terrorism, it's a wait and see thing.

Any weapon the military can have, so can we.

The Militias are supposed to be trained and armed by the government.
They broke that rule along time ago.

Oh, come on, Will E, surely there must be some limits to this "any weapon the military can have, so can we" idea?

Should any and every law-abiding citizen be able to own a tank, a grenade launcher, or even a nuclear missile (assuming they can afford it - I haven't forgotten this is "Merica" we're talking about!) ???

:confused:

...and regarding those .50 caliber guns, see this story:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...hooting_05met.ART.State.Edition1.4ab463f.html

Highlight:
"Mr. Jaramillo told police he was target shooting five miles from Texas Motor Speedway between 10 and 11 a.m., said Lt. Paul Henderson, a Fort Worth police spokesman. Mr. Jaramillo fired five or six rounds at a berm, a mound of dirt, with his .50-caliber Vulcan single-shot rifle."

5 MILES!!!

Any weapon the military can have, so can we.
Really? Any idea where I could pick up any of the following:
a Nimitz class aircraft carrier
an Ohio class ballistic missile submarine
a couple B-2 Spirit bombers
a squadron of F-22 Raptors
a dozen nuclear tipped ICBM's
?;)

The Militias are supposed to be trained and armed by the government.
They broke that rule along time ago.
I believe that the US should have a small full time army and a massive reserve (militia) force. It's far cheaper, far less corrupting and far less tempting for President's to send all over the world.

What if the terrorists just brought a .50 in from some other country? Banning them in this country wouldn't stop a terrorist attack.
But what if restricting (which is different from abolishing outright) gun rights would help to stop a terrorist attack? See here:

http://www.50caliberterror.com/

I would propose that those who do no SUPPORT such restrictions should be considered suspicious, and possibly treasonous. (I'm only 50% serious there, btw) What about bazookas? Are they guns? Do I have a right to them? Why should I have such a right? What if someone invents a gun (and at this point I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Department of "Defense" had already done so) that fires very small nuclear weapons (like nuclear bullets, really), with a range of 20 miles? Would our nation's founders want me to be able to have it? :confused: Just askin'.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Why I carry a gun....

Why I Carry a Gun

My old grandpa said to me, "Son, there comes a time in
every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts
bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass
whoopin'."

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being
killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes
this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there
are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived
long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun
because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have
to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun
because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a
sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when
I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because
men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because
unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life
and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect
themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just
investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to
clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die
and too old to take an ass whoopin'.

...author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

Why I carry a gun....

Unfortunately the statistics are against you.In the real world a gun doesn't offer overall protection.
That isn't to say that there are no instances where a gun offers protection but these have to be weighed against the much larger chance of things just going horribly wrong.Guns raise the stakes and the risks with them.

Mr. Daystar

Unfortunately the statistics are against you.In the real world a gun doesn't offer overall protection.
That isn't to say that there are no instances where a gun offers protection but these have to be weighed against the much larger chance of things just going horribly wrong.Guns raise the stakes and the risks with them.

I don't care, I am allowed to carry, and I will, and I will defend my family, and myself by any means, and to any extreme necessary. When this country, and our Government can assure me that all of the criminals are DEAD, and any that commit a crime in the future will be removed from society IMMEDIATELY, I will stop carrying. I will NEVER give them up, but I'll put it back in the safe. Statistics can, and usually are made to conform to the needs and agendas of whatever group is trying to prove their point. Where have your statistics come from? Show a source, quote a representative of the group, provide me with hard data and visual aides, graphs etc.

I don't care, I am allowed to carry, and I will, and I will defend my family, and myself by any means, and to any extreme necessary. When this country, and our Government can assure me that all of the criminals are DEAD, and any that commit a crime in the future will be removed from society IMMEDIATELY, I will stop carrying. I will NEVER give them up, but I'll put it back in the safe. Statistics can, and usually are made to conform to the needs and agendas of whatever group is trying to prove their point. Where have your statistics come from? Show a source, quote a representative of the group, provide me with hard data and visual aides, graphs etc.

Why should he bother? Your mind is obviously closed on the matter. Wouldn't he just be wasting his time?

Mr. Daystar

Why should he bother? Your mind is obviously closed on the matter. Wouldn't he just be wasting his time?

Yes and no. If his data comes from an unbiased source, like the F.B.I., then I would take them far more seriously, and read what it says, and why. My mind is made up on whether or not I will carry, and always own a gun, but I'm not nearly as stubborn on the issue as some of the anti gun people. If his stats come from the NRA, or the Brady campaign, then they are most likely flawed and biased, usually more so if they are an anti gun group. They tend to out right lie, in an effort to support their sadly misguided beliefs, but the NRA isn't always as fair as it should be either. The Gun Owners of America is far more unbiased, then most pro gun groups. As far as wasting his time, if he believes in something, then he shouldn't feel it to be a waste of time, but more an impassioned plea for his side.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
I am not here too burn bridges or take anybody side in particular, but if a person who is legally able too carry a gun whats the problem?? he is more than likely a law abiding citizen or he wouldn't be allowed too legally carry a gun by law..

I do think the US as a whole has too find a way too stop the wrong people from getting weapons! all this has been covered every which way but the right way or the most effective way?? people who carry their guns have the right to defend themselves, their family, and property!

I think in reality its too fuckin late for the USA too take a hard stand on citizens owning firearms in general! hell it makes no sense you can buy an assualt rifle and take it home before you can purchase a handgun! the USA is a ASSBACKWARDS country! Uncle Sam and the CLAN wanna make up the rules as they we go along.. and try to change whats been going on since the declaration of independence was drafted! mandating that the citizens of the USA have the right too bear arms, well just cuz you (UNCLE SAMS CLAN)peckerwoods make getting weapons easy for the wrong people and hard for the right (law abiding) people?? :rolleyes:

All the sudden when shit too far gone, and way out of control, our dumb fuckin government think that they can change the law of our founding fathers and unarm the USA and its citizens of their rightfully legal weapons are off your fucking rockers!!

I honestly don't think that in our lifetime we have to worry about being weaponless! its way too late its almost impossible for UNCLE SAM too ban the sale of weapons let alone sieze the USA of all its weapons!! :dunno::hatsoff: