• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Guns N' Roses-2011

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Yea or nay?
I have to say, Axl looks and sounds better than he has in recent memory.
The band sounds real tight, 3 guitarists and all....:dunno:
Last night, here in Jersey.

Saw them in Dallas a couple weeks ago. It was greatness! Best concert I've seen in a while,& I've been to many. First time seeing Axl in 20 years. YES, I know it's not the original lineup. It doesn't matter. If that's your complaint, you aren't giving this band a chance. They ar fantastic musicians! if Axl comes to your neck of the woods, do yourself a favor & go. It's a bad ass 3 hours :)

That's not Guns N'Roses. That is the Axl Rose Band. Any incarnation that does not have Slash in it ain't worth a shit.

Mayhem

Banned
Not bad at all. Better than I expected when I hit Play.:clap:

Question: Was that Slash playing the doubleneck? Or someone else? I seriously do not keep up with the latest....anything. :1orglaugh

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Not bad at all. Better than I expected when I hit Play.:clap:

Question: Was that Slash playing the doubleneck? Or someone else? I seriously do not keep up with the latest....anything. :1orglaugh
Dudes name is Bumblefoot, or some shit like that?

Shifty

O.G.
Of course they sound great - Axl has onboarded the best musicians money can buy. They do the originals justice.

Velvet Revolver was great too.

... and Chinese Democracy is an excellent album. :2 cents:

I agree with BC - as good as they are, they don't compare with the original lineup. The band was never the same one minute after Steve Adler was fired.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Of course they sound great - Axl has onboarded the best musicians money can buy. They do the originals justice.

... and Chinese Democracy is a great album. :2 cents:

That being said, I agree with BC - as good as they are, they don't compare with the original lineup.
I disagee, the new band are more talented musicians....the only guy worth a damn in the original band was Duff.
Slash is an overrated goof who's failed miserably w/o Axl.
Whatever the fuck you wanna call it (Slashs Snakepit, Velvet Revolver, etc.)He and his goofy top hat gimmick, suck.
:2 cents::2 cents:

Shifty

O.G.
I disagee, the new band are more talented musicians....the only guy worth a damn in the original band was Duff.
Slash is an overrated goof who's failed miserably w/o Axl.
Whatever the fuck you wanna call it (Slashs Snakepit, Velvet Revolver, etc.)He and his goofy top hat gimmick, suck.
:2 cents::2 cents:

Yes, they're all very talented. And they all admire Slash - read up on it.

Slash has not failed miserably at all - not sure why you'd say that? He's the guitar man behind Appetite For Destruction - one of the top hard rock albums of all time and an epic showpiece of rock guitar. :dunno:

While Axl is great (I've been a huge fan of his since 1986), he destroyed Guns N' Roses.

... and Slash would burn circles around Liam Gallagher - a great songwriter no doubt, but an absolutely useless guitar player through and through. :2 cents:

Truth be told, neither Axl nor Slash will ever reach the heights they once did as bandmates.

AlexP, pull up the Ritz shows on YouTube and then tell me Slash is a goof.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Yes, they're all very talented. And they all admire Slash - read up on it.

Slash has not failed miserably at all - not sure why you'd say that? He's the guitar man behind Appetite For Destruction - one of the top hard rock albums of all time and an epic showpiece of rock guitar. :dunno:

While Axl is great (I've been a huge fan of his since 1986), he destroyed Guns N' Roses.

... and Slash would burn circles around Liam Gallagher - a great songwriter no doubt, but an absolutely useless guitar player through and through. :2 cents:

Truth be told, neither Axl nor Slash will ever reach the heights they once did as bandmates.
Your not gonna bait me w/ the Liam Gallagher reference there, Shitty.:1orglaugh
My point was that Slash has failed miserably AFTER GN'R.:2 cents:

Shifty

O.G.
Your not gonna bait me w/ the Liam Gallagher reference there, Shitty.:1orglaugh
My point was that Slash has failed miserably AFTER GN'R.:2 cents:

How has he failed miserably? Velvet Revolver did very well as a band. And, he's now partnering with Myles Kennedy - a superb talent with a voice
that rivals Axl's and a mean guitar player. Who knows what they'll come up with?

By the way, all of the riffs you're enjoying listening to GNR 2011 play are Slash's.

I'm not meaning to bait you with the Gallagher reference Alex - again, a fantastic songwriter, but he simply chords along and couldn't play a solo to save his life. :2 cents:

Dude, listen to this:

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
How has he failed miserably? Velvet Revolver did very well as a band. And, he's now partnering with Myles Kennedy - a superb talent with a voice
that rivals Axl's and a mean guitar player. Who knows what they'll come up with?

I'm not meaning to bait you with the Gallagher reference Alex - again, a fantastic songwriter, but he simply chords along and couldn't play a solo to save his life. :2 cents:
Thats your opinion (referring to Slash) and we'll agree to disagree.
But, I think your probably referring to NOEL Gallagher in your argument and not Liam?
If thats the case, If you are now gonna compare a legend like Noel Gallagher to a mediocre guy that Axl Rose fired, Shifty, your my man and 50 grand, but I'm gonna have to give you the # to a good Psychiatrist!:rolleyes::facepalm:

Shifty

O.G.
Thats your opinion (referring to Slash) and we'll agree to disagree.
But, I think your probably referring to NOEL Gallagher in your argument and not Liam?
If thats the case, If you are now gonna compare a legend like Noel Gallagher to a mediocre guy that Axl Rose fired, Shifty, your my man and 50 grand, but I'm gonna have to give you the # to a good Psychiatrist!:rolleyes::facepalm:

Yes, Noel. My bad. You know, the nappy-haired one who always looks tired and pissed off. ;)

You're the man AlexP - you know that - and this is for you:

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick

By the way, all of the riffs you're enjoying listening to GNR 2011 play are Slash's.

Dude, listen to this:

I like Myles, but I like him better in Alter Bridge.
Notice how they are playing in the afternoon @ Rock Am Ring?
GNR would, no doubt, close the show.
Slash is just getting by w/ his many incarnations-Axl and GNR stll command the best prices and tours.

Shifty

O.G.
I like Myles, but I like him better in Alter Bridge.
Notice how they are playing in the afternoon @ Rock Am Ring?
GNR would, no doubt, close the show.
Slash is just getting by w/ his many incarnations-Axl and GNR stll command the best prices and tours.

Fair enough. Axl's notoriety is such that people will be lining up to hear him sing at his own funeral.

Check this out. This buries anything done today, by Axl or Slash.

This is Gn'R at their absolute greatest:

That's not Guns N'Roses. That is the Axl Rose Band. Any incarnation that does not have Slash in it ain't worth a shit.
^ This
Fair enough. Axl's notoriety is such that people will be lining up to hear him sing at his own funeral.

Check this out. This buries anything done today, by Axl or Slash.

This is Gn'R at their absolute greatest:
:rofl2:

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
GREATEST GN'R performance EVAR!:surprise:

Shifty

O.G.
The Ritz show is burned into my brain.

During Rocket Queen, Axl disappears after the first chorus and returns about a minute and a half later with cigarettes. The band keeps playing ... Slash is all like 'I dunno' @ 2:18 ... :D