• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Guns N' Roses-2011

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
This +10,000,000,000,000,000,000:
That's not Guns N'Roses. That is the Axl Rose Band. Any incarnation that does not have Slash in it ain't worth a shit.

Axl sounds good at this time....i remember seeing some other vids of GNR with bucket head in the group...i guess he no longer is part of them? well he did not sound as good as now.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Even if they aren't Guns N Roses anymore, I saw them a year ago and it was an amazing show. Came with Danko Jones and Sebastian Bach and all together the show was over four hours long. It was the first time I have ever been to a concert where the band actually plays all the big songs you expect to hear... Plus, I got to shake Axl's hand, which was coo.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
It's a decent incarnation of GNR but not the same man, not the same.

Shifty

O.G.
Even if they aren't Guns N Roses anymore, I saw them a year ago and it was an amazing show. Came with Danko Jones and Sebastian Bach and all together the show was over four hours long. It was the first time I have ever been to a concert where the band actually plays all the big songs you expect to hear... Plus, I got to shake Axl's hand, which was coo.

Very cool. I stood 5 feet from Slash for an entire Velvet Revolver show. Well, 5 feet when he was on my side of the stage anyway. He played several solos right in front of me, including It's So Easy and Mr. Brownstone. :cool:

Of course they sound great - Axl has onboarded the best musicians money can buy.

Nope. He has not got Jeff Waters or Dave Mustaine or Duff McKagan or Dave Lombardo.

Velvet Revolver was great too.

I could never get into this band for some reason. I tried but they just don't do it for me.

... and Chinese Democracy is an excellent album. :2 cents:

To each his own thing. It's not my "cup of tea" that's for sure.

I agree with BC - as good as they are, they don't compare with the original lineup. The band was never the same one minute after Steve Adler was fired.

The original line up was from the 80s. Most bands that were around back then that are still around today just don't have that 80s vibe to them anymore. It's true. Blame it on age or the fire they had is burning out or whatever. So they all suck in some way compared to their early years. Maiden, Priest, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, GNR, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Pretty Maids, Testament. To name but a few of those still around from back then that have some good material from their newer stuff. But it just can't compare to the older music they made.

Shifty

O.G.
For those with a bit of patience and inclination, here are some of Axl's voice tracks from Chinese Democracy. You can advance the video to get to the singing parts as there are pauses where there is no vocal.

Just listen to this man sing - unmatched power and range.

I.R.S.

Street of Dreams

If The World

Madagascar

Shackler's Revenge

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Apparently I'm going to see them in a couple weeks. I hope they don't stink up the joint.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
I saw where they played Civil War which had not been played since 1993 in Nashville this past Sunday night.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
They will be inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame in 2012. :clap:

Axl could easily had done what he is doing now, but under a different band name, even his own name. It's big enough.
The rest of the 'real' lineup at least had the decency to call themselves something else (Velvet Revolver).
Namesake aside, Axl has a good lineup with him, based on what I've heard.
As far as GNR in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, cool, but everytime I hear about the HoF I get annoyed because Rush has been repeatedly passed up and they've been around for over a decade longer, didn't break up and released four or five times more albums, and still sell out arenas. But anyhoo...GnR...woohoo...

Do you know what would sell a fuck load of albums?. A new studio release with the whole of the original line up. Just as long as it was them returning to their rock roots. It would sell like 80 million trillion gajillion copies.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
That would be something.

Indeed it would be. I'd buy it in an instant. Unlike Chinese Democracy which I do not own and never will own.