• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Grindhouse

Anyone looking forward to this double feature horror film by two of the most innovative directors ever, Tarantino, and Rodriguez. I have been looking forward to thismovie since it was announced.

Now they are saying there is a possibility it gets an NC-17 for the violence, but I don't think they should cut any scenes out or it will lose its meaning of paying homage to Grindhouse films. So either release it as Unrated, or just give it an NC-17, let the audience decide if they wanna see it or not.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
Sure am.

Hopefully it wont be a total let down.

I do hope after this Tarantino goes back to his old school ways with more "realistic" crime dramas...

Sure am.

Hopefully it wont be a total let down.

I do hope after this Tarantino goes back to his old school ways with more "realistic" crime dramas...

There are a million other directors making "realistic" crime dramas, but who else right now is making the type of movies Robert Rodriguez and Tarantino are making?

The one thing I hate about Tarantino is that hes slapping his name on all of these movies that he really has nothing to do with (The protector, hostel).

but i guess it helps promote the movies, i just cant stand when people say "Did you see that new Tarantino movie" when he didnt do it.

and oh yeah! i cant wait to see grindhouse either :)

S

sputnikgirl

2-3 months after it is impregnated by the male.

Weirdo. If you had a beard, you'd be a beardo.

Anyway, it sucks that we still have a couple more weeks. I thought Hostel was a good concept, but executed horribly.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
There are a million other directors making "realistic" crime dramas

Yes but reservoir dogs and pulp fiction are two of the greatest films ever made in my opinion, and i just hope he goes back to his roots when he's done with all the far out action stuff he's been doing recently.

I hate when people get totally off the subject of the thread, its about the movie Grindhouse, you wanna discuss other QT films and what not do it in another thread!

I think that it's going to be good whether it's NC-17 or R. You have two very good directors and an killer cast. Great idea for a double feature movie. I mean no one else is doing movies like these and considering the movies that are coming out, this seem to be a winner.

I hate when people get totally off the subject of the thread, its about the movie Grindhouse, you wanna discuss other QT films and what not do it in another thread!

theres not really much to discuss until we've actually seen the movie.

we all know that we cant wait to see it, we all know what its about, give me something to discuss and ill discuss it.

dave_rhino

Closed Account

Totally off the subject?

Yes, because it was TOTALLY off topic, you were talking about a Tarantino film and i went off talking about the Great Wall of China, didn't I? Yes, totally off topic.

Heres a tissue, wipe away those tears...

While on the subject of using other threads, don't you hate it when people talk about something that's already been discussed? Grindhouse has been brought up in other threads already.

Lucky i have these tissues to wipe up my tears as well...

Last edited:
theres not really much to discuss until we've actually seen the movie.

we all know that we cant wait to see it, we all know what its about, give me something to discuss and ill discuss it.

There is plenty to discuss, the controversy with what they are suppossed to rate it. If people will go see it if does get the NC-17 rating? Will movie theatres still show the movie if it is rated NC-17? Plenty of shit to talk about!

Plus I've only seen one other thread, and it wasn't even the main topic.

Ok to respond to dave_rhino, yes I think Pulp Fiction is definitely one of the best movies out there, not so much Resevoir Dogs because in my opinions certain scenes drag on too long, especially in the beginning. Should he go back to doing the so-called crime drama, I don't think so because after PF so many tried to copy it thats its not funny. Plus thats why we have Martin Scorcese, leave the crime dramas to him.

What I like the most about QT is he tries every genre, he did the kung fu and spaghetti western films with Kill Bill, and now he is doind the exploitation movies with Grindhouse. He tries to not just reinvent these genres, but pays homage and puts his own spin on them. He makes movies for the fans, not just to make money. When his name is above any title you know its gonna be the shit. Though you can't blame him for Hostel, The Protector, although Hero is a great movie.

I think Grindhouse will have that same effect. I just hope the MPAA and studio don't let us down by making him and Rodriguez cut certain scenes.

:2 cents: :thumbsup:

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
That machine gun the chick has for a leg looks crazy! Kinda sexy too!

The trailer looks good, I must say. Just the kind of film we need to come along now. Im sick of the bad teen comedies and gross horror stuff.