• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Greatest military commander of all time ?

Greatest military commander in History

• Alexander the Great

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Julius Ceasar

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Hannibal

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Genghis Khan

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • William Wallace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saladin

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • George Washington

• Napoleon Bonaparte

• Robert Lee

• Ulysses Grant

• Erwin Rommel

• George Patton

• Douglas McArthur

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Bernard Montgommery

• Moshe Dayan

• Total voters
Haha! Class! Jonesy's Butcher van has seen it's fair share of skirmishes!

A lot of big historical names (such as Alexander the Great, Saladin, or Genghis Khan) or generals that fought in the Western sphere of thinking but I am surprised people have failed to mentioned Georgy Zhukov - that great Marshal of the Soviet Red Army (not Red XXX unfortunately :-D)

Another amazing military strategist was Peng De Hui from the Chinese People Liberation Army. Zhu De & schemer Lian Biao should get a mention to I suppose!

Zhukov gets to much credit on the Soviet victorty for me. Other Marshals of the Soviet Union, Aleksandr Vasilevsky, Ivan Koniev, Konstantin Rokossovsky, and Vasily Chuikov deserve a ton of credit for their part in the Soviet Union's victory over Nazi Germany.

I picked Hannibal out of the list but I think Erich von Manstein was the greatest military mind of all time.

Eric von Manstein was the best planner and strategist out of the German generals of the war. But for me Erwin Rommel and Heinz Guderian were better tactical commanders.

I think that whatever monkey first thought of grabbing a stick to hit another monkey over the head instead of just feces is the greatest military commander evah!!!!

Alexannder The Great gets my vote. I've always been fascinated by the guy and his conquests of the world.

I gotta say, I find it strange that Robert Lee was included over Adolf Hitler.

I'm gonna just go out and say Ghengis Khan because his empire was responsible for this...
300px-Mongol_Empire_map.gif

No other commander can claim this much domination over that much area of the world.Nobody!EVER!

Alexannder The Great gets my vote. I've always been fascinated by the guy and his conquests of the world.

I gotta say, I find it strange that Robert Lee was included over Adolf Hitler.

Thankfully, Hitler was in command of German military during WWII. He made many blunders which cost the Nazis the war. If he had put Erich von Manstein, Erwin Rommel, or Heinz Guderian in charge of the Wehrmacht, Germany could've won the war. Many military historians think the Germany Army of WWII was the most effective army in history. Mainly, they're amazed that the Germans heldout against the Allies until May 1945.

Greatest Commando: British Empire
Greatest Empire: Alexander the Greater

Maybe not great military leaders in the classic Eurocentric definition, but I would add some names to the discussion. Tehcumseh, Red Cloud, Gall, Geronimo, King Phillip, Black Hawk, Crazy Horse and other "Native Leaders" from all parts of the globe should be mentioned.

Zhukov gets to much credit on the Soviet victorty for me. Other Marshals of the Soviet Union, Aleksandr Vasilevsky, Ivan Koniev, Konstantin Rokossovsky, and Vasily Chuikov deserve a ton of credit for their part in the Soviet Union's victory over Nazi Germany.

Agreed, and it was somewhat remiss of me to leave them out!

Chuikov served with the Chinese Nationalists (KMT) too for a stint if I'm not mistaken

I take an interest in recent historical events so for purposes of the poll I'm gonna go with Patton.

He was widely seen as the greatest tank commander of his time (debatable what with Rommel and all that), and if it wasn't for his politically incorrect utterances/failure to follow orders, I think the War could have been won sooner! Plus he was right about what would happen post WWII vis-a-vie Western & Soviet relations!

The Allies won, so historians usually favor the victors in wars. Germany had several Panzer commanders that were better or equal to Patton.