• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Greatest military commander of all time ?

Greatest military commander in History

• Alexander the Great

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Julius Ceasar

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Hannibal

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Genghis Khan

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • William Wallace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saladin

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • George Washington

• Napoleon Bonaparte

• Robert Lee

• Ulysses Grant

• Erwin Rommel

• George Patton

• Douglas McArthur

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Bernard Montgommery

• Moshe Dayan

• Total voters
In your opinion, who was the greatest military commander of all time ?

I'm gonna be a french patriot and say Napoleon : He was promoted Genaral at only 24 (after he won his first significant battle, the Siege of Toulon, 1793), won his first campaign at only 28 (Italian campain, 1796-1797), for almost 20 years (1796-1814) he thought and defeated a large coalition of ennemies (England, Prussia, Austria, Russia) and won many battles in wich his enemies armies outnumbered his.
Many of his battles are still studied in military schools.

I thought about putting Sun Tzu in the poll but It only had 15 options...

Monty

Mayhem

Banned
Always forgotten, but never forgotten Slim as one of my grandfathers would say.

William Slim, 1st Viscount Slim

Very interesting. I had never heard of him but it seems that Americans who fought in the Pacific (my father being one of them) owes this man a raised glass or two.
Thanx for the education. :hatsoff:

Red XXX

Official Checked Star Member
William Slim, 1st Viscount Slim

Very interesting. I had never heard of him but it seems that Americans who fought in the Pacific (my father being one of them) owes this man a raised glass or two.
Thanx for the education. :hatsoff:
Don't worry as my grandfather use to say they were forgotten by everyone, even their own government!

Monty for me.

Operation Market Garden and the effort to liberate Arnhem.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Sun Tzu.

Red XXX

Official Checked Star Member
In your opinion, who was the greatest military commander of all time ?

I'm gonna be a french patriot and say Napoleon : He was promoted Genaral at only 24 (after he won his first significant battle, the Siege of Toulon, 1793), won his first campaign at only 28 (Italian campain, 1796-1797), for almost 20 years (1796-1814) he thought and defeated a large coalition of ennemies (England, Prussia, Austria, Russia) and won many battles in wich his enemies armies outnumbered his.
Many of his battles are still studied in military schools.
You've forgotten Arthur Wellesley :drama:

I missed many people but, as I said, I had only 15 options

Hernan Cortes defeated the great Aztec Empire, on one hand thanks to the local superstitions, which he and his lieutenants profited, and on the other hand thanks to the cold blood and strategy.

[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/red-xxx said:
Red XXX[/URL][/B], post: 6933132, member: 55251"]But Napoleon v Arthur Wellesley :fight: ;)
72,000 French vs 68,000 English + 30,000 Prussians.
'nough said

Mayhem

Banned
Monty for me.

Operation Market Garden and the effort to liberate Arnhem.

Market Garden was a disaster. I'm puzzled why you would use it as an example.

Hernan Cortes defeated the great Aztec Empire, on one hand thanks to the local superstitions, which he and his lieutenants profited, and on the other hand thanks to the cold blood and strategy.

The inadvertant spread of disease which wiped out a major percentage of the Aztec population didn't hurt.

Shit, this is hard for me. Hannibal and Alexander the Great are two of my favorites. Let us not forget the military brilliance of the Persian king Cyrus the Great and Gaius Julius Ceaser. Even though I know the OP only had 15 options, Sun Tzu really needed to be here. Simply put, "The Art of War" has been the most recognized and widely used book of military strategy for over a millennium. All of the great generals who have come after him have referenced his brilliance at some point in time or another.