• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Gas prices are insane in Michigan

screw that I just paid about $8,5 a gallon.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
screw that I just paid about $8,5 a gallon.

I paid around $2.19 yesterday.... LPG is at .58 cents a liter right now here. :cthulhu:

Red XXX

Official Checked Star Member
Please stop moaning its about $9.34 a gallon in the UK, I'm getting my horse and cart out :horse:

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
You want to cry? Way, way back in the 70's gas was 29 cents. Then the oil embargo came under Carter. It shot up to 75 cents within days. Gas lines for miles and you could only buy with odd and even license plates on odd and even days. People would run out of gas waiting in the lines and push their cars into the stations. Mind you, cars weren't getting 32 MPG at the time.

South Eastern WA state or north eastern Oregon is a nice place. You have the desert, a few hours away the mountains, or ocean. You also have access to Walla Walla Sweet Onions, Hermiston Watermelons, the Pendleton Round-Up, great skiining and/or snomobiling, hiking, swimming, cycling, etc.

I'm really thinking about moving out there now....

Yep. Around the turn of the century I will never forget paying .99c a gallon. My Probe got 30mpg+ too as well so I could drive that thing for what seemed forever for $12.00. :mad:

Wasn't the probes gas tank about 12 gallons anyways? So yeah... you filled up your tank with only 12 bucks.

Facetious

Moderated
Before I returned the rental car in Vancouver yesterday I had to fill it up. At home, it costs me just under $40 bucks to fill my Malibu from empty. In Canadia I was driving a Nissan Venza, or something like that, which I believe has a smaller tank than my Malibu. Nevertheless, even though I had JUST under half a tank left, it cost $42 dollars to fill a cunt hair more than half a tank. I worked it out, and I paid $5.27 a gallon. I'll take California gas prices any day over that!

How do you like those "Imperial Gallons''? :p

U.S. still pays a very cheap price for gas compared to other countries

Shhh!!! Let's not compare the U.S. with the rest of the world, before long we'll be equalized if this keeps up! ;)

Facetious

Moderated
Blame Obama:rolleyes:

He'd better watch it, otherwise they'll be saying, "It's the gas prices, stupid'', should the 0-man lose the election with the gas prices surpassing $4-/gal. come October - November. ;)

I'll go out on a limb and predict that the gas prices will stabilize around $3.50 (national average) before long.

Facetious

Moderated
I paid around $2.19 yesterday.... LPG is at .58 cents a liter right now here. :cthulhu:
Good for the Netherlands, I wish we would follow.

Natural gas is everywhere in the states, experts (from the Livermore National Lab) have said that we have at least a 100 year supply of it. What's more is, nat gas burns some 30-40% cleaner than gasoline... just imagine, we could essentially solve the greenhouse gas problem for an entire generation or two if the world made the switch away from crude oil... So what's holding us back? the big oil lobbyists, both foreign and domestic. Greed. :flame:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Okay.... why the heck did we just have a price increase in gas in Michigan?!?!?!? Anybody else paying insane amounts? We are at $4.09/GALLON when my Ford takes about 12 gallons. Seriously!!!

You should have moved out of Michigan by now. :tongue:

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Good for the Netherlands, I wish we would follow.

Natural gas is everywhere in the states, experts (from the Livermore National Lab) have said that we have at least a 100 year supply of it. What's more is, nat gas burns some 30-40% cleaner than gasoline... just imagine, we could essentially solve the greenhouse gas problem for an entire generation or two if the world made the switch away from crude oil... So what's holding us back? the big oil lobbyists, both foreign and domestic. Greed. :flame:

I continue being quite happy with my little LPG car. It's a gutless wonder but yea, fueling doesn't break the piggy bank as badly. I only need to actually put gas in it every so often since petrol of course is still used to start it.

LPG is pretty abundant through the NL (I live where it's usually cheapest, but even on the motor way I've never seen it above 1 euro), and if I plan it out right I can travel on nothing but LPG when I'm in Germany and Belgium. Next month I'm going up to Denmark to visit friends so it'll be interesting so see if a.) LPG pumps are abundant and b.) if I have a connector that works!

In the UK, finding LPG can become a bit of a nightmare. I don't count on it.

He'd better watch it, otherwise they'll be saying, "It's the gas prices, stupid'', should the 0-man lose the election with the gas prices surpassing $4-/gal. come October - November. ;)

I'll go out on a limb and predict that the gas prices will stabilize around $3.50 (national average) before long.

Obama said in his campaign that he would get gas back to $2/gallon. Where the hell is this?

Wasn't the probes gas tank about 12 gallons anyways? So yeah... you filled up your tank with only 12 bucks.
Yeah. It was either 12 or 13. Can't remember. I bought it around '00 and had it for a couple years. Piece of shit I tell you, those Probes. Scarred me for life on Ford products.

Obama said in his campaign that he would get gas back to $2/gallon. Where the hell is this?

No kidding, this is crazy. I sure am not voting for him.

Yeah. It was either 12 or 13. Can't remember. I bought it around '00 and had it for a couple years. Piece of shit I tell you, those Probes. Scarred me for life on Ford products.

No kidding, this is crazy. I sure am not voting for him.

Ford is still horrible and I wouldn't vote for either of the candidates.... like I said, I would vote Briana Lee. She would be awesome as president.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.

I'm not defending Obama. But he actually never said anything like that, according to an investigation done by Politifact. Apparently the only candidate who spoke of a particular price point with regard to gasoline was Newt Gingrich, who claimed that he would get prices down to $2.50 or less. I'm not sure if that was before or after he talked about starting a colony on the moon.

Voters, and even citizens who don't vote, need to understand what Presidents can and cannot do, what they do and do not have control over. By various fiscal policies, Presidents may be able to indirectly affect gasoline prices and interest rates. But the Executive Branch has no direct control over gasoline prices or interest rates. Even by releasing oil from the strategic oil reserve, that only affects the price of oil (and only then for a short time) - it does not directly affect the price of refined petroleum products like gasoline. Look at our friend Death-Proof. He lives in Alaska... sitting on a sea of oil, and yet he's paying higher prices for gasoline than any of us in the lower 48. We have a refining problem in this country. And the oil companies seem intent on keeping it that way.

I bring this up because there was a poster on FO's who tried to argue that Ronald Reagan raised interest rates to cure inflation back in the 80's. He might as well have given me the credit for raising interest rates and taming inflation... because I had as much to do with that as Reagan did. Paul Volker gets the credit (or the blame) for that. But no, from what's been found by pretty reliable sources, Obama hasn't made any sort of specific claims about gas prices. This was something that a Republican operative claimed that he said, that he apparently didn't say, and people then picked up on it, as if it were true.

You think prices in the states are bad it's around €1.60 a litre in Ireland about €6.05 a gallon for petrol (approx. $7.51)