• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Game of Thrones

I haven't watched GoT yet, but everybody talks about it. Is it really that good? Is it worth to pay for? I could pay to add it to my cable here in Italy, so i'll appreciate any advice you ppl can give to me.

Since you haven't seen it yet why not pick up the first season on dvd or blu ray? HBO is definitely worth it because you get Game of Thrones and Real Time with Bill Maher.

SabrinaDeep

Official Checked Star Member
Since you haven't seen it yet why not pick up the first season on dvd or blu ray? HBO is definitely worth it because you get Game of Thrones and Real Time with Bill Maher.

It's not available here in Italy yet, that's why i asked about cable. I didn't know first season was out on DVD yet. I'm goona go to LA in 8 days so i'm gonna buy it there i guess.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
That's exactly what I was thinking, definitely seeing a parallel between Joffrey and Caligula or Nero (except Nero did do some good things at the start of his rule)
To be honest, when I saw him bring out the scepter/mace thing for the whores, I thought he was going to have her fuck it. That would have been messed up

Also, did we witness the birth of the Smoke Monster (from Lost) at the end?

Good eyes and good memory!!! You're right... that was a true "birth of Smokie" moment. :thumbsup:

And yeah, I thought the same thing when Joffrey brought out whatever that thing was with the elk head on it. I was guessing we'd see the first girl thrust forward, a quick shot of the bent over girl's face :)eek:) and then a final shot of the abused girl being left in a heap at Tyrion Lannister's door. After embarrassing Joffrey, surely a fellow as quick with his wits as Tyrion should have known that Joffrey was going to break whatever gift that he gave to him. If it had been a pony, he would have butchered it. A sword, he would have broken it. Girls... seems like he should have known that Joffrey would rape and/or abuse them. :dunno:

The actor that plays Joffrey is really good. I saw a brief interview with him (Jack Gleeson) and he seemed like a nice guy. Kind of like Michael Emerson playing Ben, this kid is doing a fantastic job IMO.

Alright guys,who are you favorite and least favorite characters of the show.

My favorites are(in no particular order)
Tyrion Lannister
Jon Snow
Arya Stark
Bronn
Osha
Bran
Little Finger
Varys
Jorah Mormont

Characters that I hate(but in a good way)
Joffrey Barathian
Cersei Barathian
Sansa Stark
Theon Greyjoy

What a great show with great characters,love them or hate them.

Daenerys' chapters/scenes.

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

That is all....

I know what you mean but I had a feeling this would happen with her. She has the dragons that she can't do shit with because she's way off on a deserted island. I wish Drogo was still alive, he was awesome

I know what you mean but I had a feeling this would happen with her. She has the dragons that she can't do shit with because she's way off on a deserted island. I wish Drogo was still alive, he was awesome

Yup,agreed.

Unfortunately,I don't think that we will see any dragons doing anything at all this season.

For as badass that Khal Drogo was,he sure died like a little bitch.Shame that they punked him out over a cut.Honestly,he deserved a better death.

stark-family.jpg

Rey C.

Alright guys,who are you favorite and least favorite characters of the show.

My favorites are(in no particular order)
Tyrion Lannister
Jon Snow
Arya Stark
Bronn
Osha
Bran
Little Finger
Varys
Jorah Mormont

Characters that I hate(but in a good way)
Joffrey Barathian
Cersei Barathian
Sansa Stark
Theon Greyjoy

What a great show with great characters,love them or hate them.

Like: Tyrion
Like to hate: Joffrey

I think the writers have done a really good job of maintaining an interest in ALL the (major) characters. But IMO, those two characters really stand out.

Rey C.

Double post... :rolleyes:

Rey C.

Brilliant find, PK! :thumbsup:

Characters I love:

- Daenerys Targaryen - she's f*ing hot and has Dragons;
- Arya Stark
- Eddard "Ned" Stark - he had values but got killed too soon;
- Khal Drogo - he was a real man; got killed in a stupid way;
- Bran Stark - the guy controls animals for crying out loud;
- John Snow - he's totally misunderstood, and is Ned really his father? An outsider that will change the world;
- Rhaegar Targaryen - got killed off before the start of the story, was a man with values - John's real father?;
- Davos Seaworth - a pirate, what more would a guy want to be?
- Tyrion Lannister - the only Lannister that saves himself somewhat;
- Sandor Clegane - a.k.a. "The Hound" - another totally misunderstood Dude;
- Rob Stark - he's his father's son, a good guy, but that'll be his downfall;
- Jorah Mormont - the guy deserves to redeem himself.

Characters I hate:

- Sansa Stark - she may not be blonde, but she's as dumb as a bimbo ever was, and is the (co-)cause of much of the bad things that happen to the Starks;
- Joffrey Baratheon - he's despicable, and not even a true Baratheon - f*ing bastard! He'll get what's coming to him;
- Tywin Lannister - just out for his personal gains, and knows no morals - gets what he deserves;
- Cersei Lannister - the perfect daughter to her father, knows not what morals are;
- Viserys Targaryen - probably is just as mad as his father, Aerys II, was - not a worthy person, and got what he deserved. He treated Daenerys really badly.
- Petyr Baelish - a.k.a. "Little Finger" - he's a Weasel and a Traitor;
- Theon Greyjoy - while his father and sister are at least consistent - he's just another Traitor - what a Reek!
- Alliser Thorne - just a bitter man, who abuses of his power within the Night's Watch
- Hizdahr zo Loraq - marries Daenerys, gets to hump her, and tries to kill her, uses foul means to gain her;
- Lyssa Arryn - she, her stupid spoiled brat, and treacherous means - the woman is just crazy, at least she gets to take a flight herself;
- Gregor Clegane - a.k.a. "The Mountain That Rides" a.k.a. "The Mountain" - he's just born evil.
- Ramsey Bolton - a.k.a. "Ramsey Snow" a.k.a. "Bastard of Bolton" a.k.a. "Bastard of the Dreadfort" - he's more cunning and traitorous than his own father, Roose, and completely mad, evil and perverted (in a completely negative way)

:pimpdaddy

Pirate King -

Daenerys is so not like Palin!
Daenerys has a heart, she has morals, she has a sense of rightousness, she is forced to suffer a lot in her life. Palin is so not like her - Palin is much more like Cersei.

Pirate King -

Daenerys is so not like Palin!
Daenerys has a heart, she has morals, she has a sense of rightousness, she is forced to suffer a lot in her life. Palin is so not like her - Palin is much more like Cersei.

I agree. The comparisons were spot on except for that one.

Come to think of it, Daenerys doesn't even have any kids (at the moment) ... unless you count her Dragon's as "kids"...

Amazing episode tonight. There wasn't much in terms of action but the dialogue in the one-on-one scenes were great! I love that Arya can almost go toe-to-toe with Tywin Lannister in their scenes together. I also almost felt some sympathy for Cersei tonight too. You can just tell that if she could go back and do things differently before instating Joffery as king she would; but now she's unleashed a monster.

Thank god for the Jamie scene tonight because I almost forgot about him! His character kind of reminds me of Sawyer from Lost, you just hate to love him.

And Theon? I want that little prick to get stabbed right in the throat and bleed a slow death right now. I can't decide if I hate him or Joffery now. (even though I feel Bran and his little bro are still alive) (I haven't read the books, BTW)

Rey C.

I also almost felt some sympathy for Cersei tonight too. You can just tell that if she could go back and do things differently before instating Joffery as king she would; but now she's unleashed a monster.

For anyone who is into ancient Roman history or has seen/read I, Claudius, the Cersei character is amazingly similar to Nero's mother, Agrippina. Like Cersei, she was also a coldly ambitious woman, who helped her son attain a throne by the convenient death of her husband... only to be shut out and then betrayed by the crazy, sadistic son. There was also a strong rumor that Nero's mother, Agrippina, had an incestuous relationship with her brother, Caligula. I like the similarities. Now I want to learn more about the author of the books to see if he is also a Romaphile. :)

Thank god for the Jamie scene tonight because I almost forgot about him! His character kind of reminds me of Sawyer from Lost, you just hate to love him.

Excellent call! :thumbsup: I never saw that before, but I agree.