• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Game of Thrones

Thanxx so much for posting this!! Especially without spoilers :)

No worries! I will endeavour to answer any questions about characters, back stories and so on without spoiling anything yet to come in the show. Even fan theories about stuff that hasn't even been in the books yet but we all think is going to happen. All the places like Wiki are minefields for spoilers. Even Googling the wrong thing can wind up spoiling certain events, especially major characters deaths.

No worries! I will endeavour to answer any questions about characters, back stories and so on without spoiling anything yet to come in the show. Even fan theories about stuff that hasn't even been in the books yet but we all think is going to happen. All the places like Wiki are minefields for spoilers. Even Googling the wrong thing can wind up spoiling certain events, especially major characters deaths.

The city states of Essos are the most powerful and riches nations in the books. Most of them became wealth through slave trading. Dany's battle against the city states is going to be epic.

I know, sacrilege, but I don't think this translates well to a 53 minute per episode tv series. There's just too many characters and storylines to follow and consequently not enough time devoted to each. (Example: What's going on with bran and that weird kid and his sister? It's been like 2 episodes since we've seen them). This is from someone who hasn't read the books.

lol my thoughts exactly. I was thinking "can we get a frontal shot now please? Neck down of course."

You're not really meant to want to. Brienne's torso is broad and manly and doesn't exactly have what you and I would think of as tits. She's meant to be as plain as plain can be.

so did king slayer die then ?

No, he just passed out from the pain. I don't know if it came off that well on TV, but Jaime insisted on being awake while Qyburn cut, cleaned and burned his wound because he knew that if he took milk of the poppy, Qyburn would probably have cut off some of his arm while he was unconscious to stop risk of infection spreading. Jaime would rather risk further infection and die than lose any more of himself.

I know, sacrilege, but I don't think this translates well to a 53 minute per episode tv series. There's just too many characters and storylines to follow and consequently not enough time devoted to each. (Example: What's going on with bran and that weird kid and his sister? It's been like 2 episodes since we've seen them). This is from someone who hasn't read the books.

I'm with you in a way, after the first series aired and I read the books I really worried about how many groups of characters and settings there were, compared to the beginnings when you only had to keep your eyes on Winterfell, King's Landing, across the Narrow Sea, The Wall, and at times the battlefield, the Twins or the Eyrie. The last episode focused on just a few storylines and felt deeper for it, so I would expect the next episode to catch up with people we missed - Bran/Rickon/Osha/Jojen/Meera, the Night's Watch, the imprisoned Theon, and maybe even the King himself will grace us with his appearance. Did anybody notice the right royal prick wasn't in it this week? I get such a kick out of watching Joffrey being a cunt.

Sadly things are only going to get more diluted in terms of different stories being spread out. When Martin was writing the mammoth story he intended to be the 4th book and realized there was going to be too much for a single volume, he actually split it up into two books by halving the cast of characters rather than the timeline, so that A Feast For Crows largely covers events in the capital, Dorne and the Iron Islands, and A Dance With Dragons (to a point) deals exclusively with events at the Wall, in Essos in the North. Essos incidentally is the continent across the Narrow Sea, where Dany is. I wouldn't have used it's name, but spacearrow99 already has.

In book terms, it made sense to split the story up in that way. The first half of the story for both halves of the cast might have amounted to "lots of scene setting, not much happened" whereas Dance is a fucking brilliant book with epic climaxes for both it's half of the characters, and those that were in Crows. Since s3 of the show will go beyond covering "Steel & Snow" (the first half of the third book, A Storm Of Swords), I would suggest that they make the fourth series a combination of the rest of "Blood & Gold" (that being the second part of Storm) and what there is of Crows that translates into watchable television, because as I mentioned, it's a bit of a slog in terms of "character A & B talk a lot, not much happens" and "character C & D walk a bit, not much happens." The alternative would be that they plan to make the remaining 3/4 of "Blood & Gold" into series 4 - and it certainly has enough action and a suitably fitting "big event" for the sacred episode 9 slot - and possibly to tell Crows and Dance simultaneously over the course of a 5th and 6th series.

At least they are running the "previously on Game of Thrones" spots at the start of the episode to remind you what you need to recall and to clue you in on who's stories we are getting this week. They're being very clever though, Daenerys has been in every episode. They know that she's the draw, along with The Imp.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
tumblr_mkan7jIZrW1qb7k1zo1_500.png

Well, she is a model by trade. She must keep herself in good nick.

Her legs are probably taller than me :
http://kissed-by-fire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/db8c3_gwendoline-christie.jpg

She looks kind of cute in real life. They're going to have to make her a little more uglier. Ugly enough to upset Jaime when he gets a boner seeing her naked.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND

Wow, that takes me back. They're all superb, especially the scene where Mormont tries to talk Jon into staying rather than going to Robb's side.

"If you go, we'll catch you."
"I'm the best rider."
"When we catch you, we'll kill you."
"I'm the best fighter."
"And if you make it to your brother...."
"Which I will."
".... he'll hang you."
"Which he won't."

Made me chuckle. Well, words to that effect.

bump

L3ggy

What for?

I can't watch this show normally so I went to see how much the first season cost to buy. It's like $110 for the DVD set. I mean it seems like a show I would like, but no freaking way I'm paying that much to watch it.

Philbert

Banned
I can't watch this show normally so I went to see how much the first season cost to buy. It's like $110 for the DVD set. I mean it seems like a show I would like, but no freaking way I'm paying that much to watch it.

Blockbuster rents the first season for $.99 per DVD, $5 more of less for the entire 1st season. Season 2 rents for $4 each DVD, I think; I'll wait a bit and rent for $5 for all 5 DVDs.
Someone should be able to copy it for you...

Doesn't your public library have it for free?

L3ggy

I'm really starting to like Melisandre.

"If you think this has a happy ending clearly you haven't been paying attention!"

This quote perfectly describes the entire series!

"If you think this has a happy ending clearly you haven't been paying attention!"

This quote perfectly describes the entire series!

Jesus Christ, is that an understatement.

Martin's got two books left to write - or more than likely the producers will create the episodes of the show which would have been the end of the novels' story since I expect him to die before he finishes - and I'm terrified that at least one of my three favourite characters from Dance will not be alive at the end. AT LEAST one.