• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Film Score

I really like Trevor Rabin (Gone in 60 Seconds Remake, Armageddon, The Guardian, 12 Rounds, etc), and Brian Tyler (Rambo, War, Constantine, Tokyo Drift, etc) and Tyler Bates (300 Score).

^John Williams getting props.

I'm also a big Harry Gregson-Williams fan.The Rock,awesome score.

Crap,I feel like an idiot.Hans Zimmer did The Rock,not Gregson-Williams.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
I like the score in Suspiria.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Along with everything else Ennio Morricone ever did :bowdown:

I really agree with that. Morricone did "Once Upon A Time In America" too, and it was his score that really set the various moods in that great (under appreciated) film.

Another one is Maurice Jarre's scores of "Is Paris Burning?" and "Grand Prix" which are amazingly similar. I believe Jarre died earlier this year.

And yes, hearing pieces from a great score can cause you to think of the mood or the scene from the movie - maybe even what you felt when you saw it. Good topic! :thumbsup:

:bump:

Yep. Blade Runner; Once Upon A Time in America; many of the Westerns; Psycho; Vertigo; The Birds....many more also.

Oh, and how the hell could I forget. One of my all-time favorite films.

Manhunter. Fucking suberb:thumbsup:

Spleen

Banned?
Requiem for a dream is now used EVERYWHERE. Great soundtrack.

Recently, Dark Knight comes to mind. Jokers theme tune is truely haunting, with that slooooow rising chello...

Requiem for a dream is now used EVERYWHERE. Great soundtrack.

Recently, Dark Knight comes to mind. Jokers theme tune is truely haunting, with that slooooow rising chello...

HOW FUCKING BEAUTIFUL (jokers theme)- the tension created from it being barely audible to making every muscle in your body tense up...

The Wildlife has a score written by Eddie Van Halen, and also a part of it's score was later in Back To The Future.

i think one of the greatest film scores of all time is actually from "The Shawshank Redemption."

I'd be interested to know how many people in here could name ten film composers off the top of your head?

Incidentally, and not trying to be a dick, but most of John William's most famous are not original. Listen, for example to Korngold's "Kings Row."
here is a nice comparison:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AokqzpdA3M