• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Fallout New Vegas

Ugh... I haven't played NV for a month because I'm stuck in Dead Money with literally one bar of health and no food/stims and 4 or 5 of those fucking ghost people in the next room.

that sucks... i can honestly say IMO dead money was the worst DLC of all that were released.

i WANT TO SEE A THREAD with some Fallout 4 talk!!!!!! is it being made? is there a release date? i'm jonesing for a new fallout!

^ I haven't heard anything about it yet, I'm kind of wondering if they're just gonna wait til the next gens hit to get it going.

Yeah, I got tired of Dead Money pretty quick, I don't think it was bad, but it sure was hard. I had to lower the difficulty level to finish it. I liked Old World Blues, mostly because you get some kick ass weapons there: Christine's silenced sniper rifle, Elijah's...blaster? or something like that, and the sneaking suit that kind of talks like GLaDOS from Portal that helps you walk faster as you're sneaking. Plus that halo thing that gives you health and it can be worn over Boone's beret. But I think that's when I noticed the game slowing down a lot so I stopped using it.

It still slows down a lot and it seems to be like every 15 or so minutes of play so I just save but it takes a long while to allow me to save and then it takes it's time saving also.

By the way, I just followed the link to the forums and a guy by the name of aweigh0101 wrote this:

1. Plug a USB stick or any sort of generic mass-storage device into your PS3 and copy your saved-games.

2. Go to [Playstation Network] -> [Sign In] -> [Account Management] -> [System Activation] -> (Game) -> (Deactivate System).

3. Go to [Settings] -> [System Settings] -> [Restore PS3 System].

4. Choose (Quick Format).

-- Once you're back inside the XMB --

5. Follow [Step #2] above again; choose (Activate System) this time.

6. Go to [Playstation Network] -> [Account Management] -> [Transaction History] -> [Download List] -> re-download your game DLC and install it.

7. Insert your F:NV game disc and let the game download the Official Patch. Afterwards it will immediately install the F:NV "Game Data" onto your PS3 HDD.

8. Quit the game and return to the XMB; plug in your USB stick and copy over your F:NV saved-games.

9. Go to [Settings] -> [Network Settings] and (Disable) the Internet Connection, then (Disable) the Media Server Connection.

10. Go to [Settings] -> [Power Save] and (Turn Off) both System and Controller Auto-Off features.

11. Go to [Settings] -> [Display] and (Disable) the Automatic Screensaver.

12. Go to [Settings] -> [Date and Time Settings] and (Disable) the Automatic Time Update.

13. Go to [Settings] -> [System Settings] and (Disable) the [Display: What's New] feature; (Disable) the [Disc Auto-Start] function; (Disable) the [Notification Messages] feature and (Delete) the [Predictive Text Dictionary].

14. Go to [Settings] -> [Accessory Settings] and (Disable) the Controller Vibration function.

15. Start F:NV and load your saved-game, (it wil NOT display any sort of "missing content" warning if you followed each step properly); use the in-game WAIT command and let thirty (30) in-game days pass so that the Map Cells can cycle fully, In fact, this step alone usually shaves 100kb - 500kb off of the Save-Size.

16. (You should ALWAYS use the Create New Save option. Never save over previous saves). Save your game and Turn Off your PS3 system.

17. Enter the PS3 Safe-Mode (incredibly easy and takes less than 5 seconds to do, but to keep this a bit shorter refer to Printed Manual that came with your PS3 Console and/or visit the Official Sony PS3 website); choose the [Restore File System] option let it finish (same as Check Disck function in Windows), and lastly (you must re-enter Safe-Mode one final time) choose the [Rebuild Index Database] option and let it finish. Note: Neither of these options affects anything already stored nor do they delete any game-related data.

Enjoy lag-free, freeze-free, slowdown-free play with one of the truly best RPGs ever made!

(100% sincere; the fact that I do not mind in the least doing this procedure once every 3-4 MB's of Save-Size should be enough to prove that I truly believe this is one of the best video-games ever made).

OPTIONAL FINAL STEP THAT WILL PRETTY MUCH GUARANTEE HOURS OF CONTINUOUS GAME PLAY WITHOUT YOUR PS3 RUNNING OUT OF MEMORY AND FREEZING:

1a. Buy any SSD HDD and use that instead of the factory-default HDD pre-installed with your PS3 Console. Halves F:NV loading times and by itself eliminates (non-professional guesstimate) around 40-50% of the performance issues in Bethesda/Gamebryo Engine games.

2b. Play F:NV with only one (1) companion instead of two (2). Josh Sawyer himself has stated in Formspring that your companions are the single biggest system-memory and system-resource hogs out of all the possible things that might be going on at any given moment of gameplay.

I choose to still travel with two (2) companions... since I own an SSD HDD and I do every step in this guide once a month or so I rarely need to stop playing due to performance issues. When I stop playing the game it's usually because I have to go to work or because it's my girlfriend's turn to play. Nice change of pace, eh?

Seems like a huge hassle, but I guess I'll try it out. Or at least play it with the radio stations off and only one companion: an upgrded ED-E or an upgraded Boone? Which would it be?

^ I haven't heard anything about it yet, I'm kind of wondering if they're just gonna wait til the next gens hit to get it going.
:crying:

as for the companions- i always used ED-e but i had him set for passive so he wouldn't just run off blasting everything. once i knew there was an enemy i would set him for aggressive IF i already didn't blow the enemies head off with a well placed sniper shot!

^^ I always play hardcore. I guess that's why the DLC missions were so hard, you can't take your companions with you, and regardless how strong God/Dog is, I would have preferred ED-E with his upgraded weapons in Dead Money.