• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Allright... what do you really want here Shifty? Something tabbed? As it's been years since I did something like that.

After breaking my left hand (many many years ago) in a drunken stupor no less. I had to stop playing due to nerve damage. I sold off/gave away my four guitars to friends and relatives about the time I broke it. Therapy helped but arthritis in my pinky and ring fingers messed up any attempts at a comeback.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Vai's best, in my opinion.

So. What actually does and does not fall within the definitions of this thread? These two links are to full songs, one original and one a guitar cover. I think I'm just going to test the waters by posting them:

"Drifting" by Andy McKee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4

Guitar cover of "Tool - Vicarious" by Scoverstreet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvg8eafj04Y

This guy has made several covers of Tool songs and is extremely good at it. He even has tabs available for some of them.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Ry Cooder is very good...

As for lessons... (youtube has so many talented people teaching their stuff.) Bravo to all of them!!! :) ;) :)

There are two youtube guys in particular, one named Laurent (flamingcarrot) who is very good and is also good at tabbing. His tabbing is on his myspace page.

... And Neil Hogan from totallyguitars.com is also quite good...

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
My good friends Benny (you know him for all his great photoshop work he submits here) as well as Boltman (another ex-FreeOnes alum) always talk about the great John McLaughlin Al DiMeola, and Paco De Lucia... :)

And Andre Segovia too... :)

Right Benny. Hehe.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Neg rep is a feature of this board. It should be used when deemed necessary, or else it's a function that should be removed.
Anyway, you must be really interested in my posts if you want to continue to :sleep: them. I'm glad that I play such a significant part in your life. Very glad.

You're so gay you make the Gay Pride flag look like the Confederate Flag! :facepalm:
Negative Rep that you cocksucker....
Back on topic...EPICNESS!

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
You may say Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Peter Green, Duane Allman, Frank Zappa, John McLaughlin, Ry Cooder, Keith Richards, Alvin Lee, Pete Townshend, Mick Taylor, Steve Vai, Leslie West, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Johnny Winter, Ritchie Blackmore, Mark Knopfler, and Carlos Santana...

But nobody tops James Marshall Hendrix....

L3ggy

This is what Jimi Hendrix said when he was asked by a reporter what it feels like to be the best guitar player in the world. And Jimi says: "How should I know? Go ask Rory Gallagher."

L3ggy

L3ggy

Too much wacking off?