• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Earthquake?

yep ! Dow dropped instantaneously too... felt in Martha's Vineyard too -- according to cnbc ...6.8 .

some evacuations reported ... no danger of Tsunami...

been revised to 5.9 / moderately heavy ...cnbc /

two nuclear reactors being taken 'off-line' - as a precaution /

I think that for the first time I'm happy to pay for watching Fox News/Fox Business. Elsewhere on the other channels, seems that exists only Libya and Gaddafi.

We actually felt that all the way in North Western Indiana! I was on floor 11 of a building, and that building moved a heck of a lot. Freaky scary. It went on long enough that we all had time to congregate under the door archways.

That's a damned long way away to feel an earthquake!

Hmmm, there was one in Colorado today too.

Rare Strong Earthquake Hits Colorado

DENVER — The largest natural earthquake in Colorado in more than a century struck Monday night in the state’s southeast corner, but there had been no reports of damage or injuries.

The quake, with a preliminary magnitude of 5.3 and centered about nine miles from the city of Trinidad, hit at 11:46 p.m. local time. It was felt as far away as Greeley, about 350 miles north, and into Kansas and New Mexico, said Julie Dutton, a geophysicist at the National Earthquake Information Center in Golden, Colo.

Colorado, with its mix of mountains and plains, sits astride a seismically stable part of the nation where earthquakes are mostly mild and far between. But the area around Trinidad is regularly hit by tiny quakes as a result of a local fault zone, Ms. Dutton said.

She said that while Colorado has experienced several earthquakes close to Monday’s size in recent decades — a magnitude 5.3 near Denver in 1967 and a magnitude 5.7 in the state’s northwest corner in 1973 — both of those quakes were ultimately determined to have been caused by human activity, from explosives or drilling.

The last known natural event of comparable size was an earthquake in 1882 in what is now Rocky Mountain National Park, several hours northwest of Denver. That quake, based on historical reports, was about a magnitude 6.5, Ms. Dutton said.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
I was outside at work when I felt it. I noticed some cars swaying first and then noticed that the whole ground was shaking. It only lasted a few seconds though.

It was weird, but kind of cool, I've never felt an earthquake before.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
Felt some rumbling here in Pittsburgh. I thought I was going crazy, but I checked on the news site here and found out what had happened.

I'm not too "shaken" up over it and the good "vibrations" I'm getting over it can really make the Earth move.

TrollFace.png

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I have not felt anything here.

Supposedly there were a few.

Rare Strong Earthquake Hits Colorado

The largest natural earthquake in Colorado in more than a century struck Monday night in the state’s southeast corner, but there had been no reports of damage or injuries.

The quake, with a preliminary magnitude of 5.3 and centered about nine miles from the city of Trinidad, hit at 11:46 p.m. local time. It was felt as far away as Greeley, about 350 miles north, and into Kansas and New Mexico, said Julie Dutton, a geophysicist at the National Earthquake Information Center in Golden, Colo.

Article

Earthquake rocks East Coast

A powerful earthquake rocked the Mid-Atlantic region Tuesday afternoon, hitting areas from North Carolina to as far north as Ottawa, Canada.

The earthquake, which hit at about 1:51 p.m. ET, measured a preliminary 5.9 and lasted up to 45 seconds, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. It shook office buildings and homes and rattled residents. The USGS warned of aftershocks.

Its epicenter was reported about 4 miles southwest of Mineral, Va., near Richmond, Va., and about 80 miles south of Washington, D.C.

Article

That was weird. But in a cool way. Everything at work started to sway.