• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Do you really think it matters who you vote for?

oh please not that stupid zeitgeist movie. All religion is based on astrology (even though the ideas about it in the movie came about after the religious ideas that they supposedly inspired) and because of that..ugh... 9/11 was carried out by the government. WTF?

here's a conspiracy for you: the movie zeigiest was created by people that were high on drugs. For real, all the ideas in that movie were in an article in High Times magazine. You didn't see it? It must have been suppressed by the government.

That's true, but our government, with the way that it is set up now, will never let a "third" party win. Or fourth party, fifth party, sixth party, etc.

If our government gave every candidate a fair chance at winning and gave every candidate a fair chance at getting their opinion heard on a national level, then the Presidential Debate(s) wouldn't consist of only the Democratic and Republican candidates. They would include every candidate, no matter how "popular" they are.

Back in 1987, the CPD (Commission on Presidential Debates) was created to help structuralize the Presidential Debates. The problem is that the CPD makes it mandatory for any Presidential candidate to have at least 15% of the popular vote in at least 5 different national polls in order for them to appear at a Presidential Debate. I think that's stupid. It should be fair to everyone...not just the candidates who have already been popularized by the US media.

Thats the exact reason why we have the electoral college. Many Many times a person has won the overall vote but wasnt elected president because of the electoral college.

I dont even understand the point of the electoral college. With it the citizens vote means absolutely jack shit.

I could vote for Obama, but my state's rep. could vote for McCain completely negating my vote.

There is no point for the electoral college except for the situation you stated above.

admit it, by 'bankers" you mean the jews.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
Thats the exact reason why we have the electoral college. Many Many times a person has won the overall vote but wasnt elected president because of the electoral college.

I dont even understand the point of the electoral college. With it the citizens vote means absolutely jack shit.

I could vote for Obama, but my state's rep. could vote for McCain completely negating my vote.

There is no point for the electoral college except for the situation you stated above.

I don't know exactly how the electoral college works, but I'm pretty sure you're right. Obviously, this scenario will never happen, BUT...

If 95% of the citizens who voted gave their vote to a 3rd party, no-name candidate (like Ralph Nader for example), our government wouldn't care. The electoral college would look at the COUNTRY'S vote as being completely invalid and just put either the Democratic or Republican nominee into office, even though almost the entire country would've voted for somebody else.

So, why vote at all?

It's gonna knock the shit out of your ass, into the toilet, and then it's gonna flush itself.

:rofl:

I don't know exactly how the electoral college works, but I'm pretty sure you're right. Obviously, this scenario will never happen, BUT...

If 95% of the citizens who voted gave their vote to a 3rd party, no-name candidate (like Ralph Nader for example), our government wouldn't care. The electoral college would look at the COUNTRY'S vote as being completely invalid and just put either the Democratic or Republican nominee into office, even though almost the entire country would've voted for somebody else.

So, why vote at all?

Exactly.

The reps from each state who vote actually does count are free to vote for who they want.

Now obviously they may or may not do this, but they will most likely vote for the canadite who had the most votes in that state.

Your not going to tell me 100% of Texas is going to vote for McCain. That automaticly makes whoever voted for Obama (or any other candidate) worthless.

I live in Louisiana, and my state is pretty much going to "support" McCain.

But what if I dont support McCain? What if I wanted to vote for Obama or any other candidate? My vote would be absolutely meaning less.

That phrase "Your vote matters" is complete bullshit.

It does matter in a close race and "we" all go out and vote.

If the state like Mississippi is pro-Republican, even voting for Obama is not a waste.

Because in Mississippi, there are more than 4 pages of candidates to vote besides the President, the Congressional race, the Senate race, and the local school board, the Sheriff and all the way down to the County Supervisor and County Clerk.

It is never a waste, the School Superintendent is the furniture store owner, the Sheriff is a corrupted lawman and I want to vote him out. The County Clerk is a nice black lady and I want to keep her. So on Election day, it is not just about Obama or McCain, it is about your local hospital, your local Sheriff, school and even pavement.

Get out and vote !!!

It's gonna knock the shit out of your ass, into the toilet, and then it's gonna flush itself.

:rofl:

heh, I guess I should have left that part in.

also lovejoy is right. washington is a bust, but voting still can make a difference in local matters.

It does matter, because the current mayor wants a 4% increase in property tax.

I want to kick him out ! There are local, state and federal election, all held on the same day.

So get out and vote and kick all those corrupted rogue government officials out and also the School Superintendent who was charged with sexual harrassment of few high school girls.

Reactions: AFA
It does matter in a close race and "we" all go out and vote.

If the state like Mississippi is pro-Republican, even voting for Obama is not a waste.

Because in Mississippi, there are more than 4 pages of candidates to vote besides the President, the Congressional race, the Senate race, and the local school board, the Sheriff and all the way down to the County Supervisor and County Clerk.

It is never a waste, the School Superintendent is the furniture store owner, the Sheriff is a corrupted lawman and I want to vote him out. The County Clerk is a nice black lady and I want to keep her. So on Election day, it is not just about Obama or McCain, it is about your local hospital, your local Sheriff, school and even pavement.

Get out and vote !!!

Okay, well maybe I am just misinformed.

But as far as the presidential election is dosent mean anything.

I will agree to do away with POLITICAL PARTIES as a "delivery vehicle" within American democracy if YOU support the idea of removing all forms of Lobbying from American Democracy. Let us let candidates feel free to speak their minds on issues and we can vote for them based on issues. Political parties seem to be created to consolidate power, generate money and "herd" dumb Americans into one direction.

But none of ^^^ detracts from the perilous need for our nation to elect Obama and other Dem congressmen/women in a resounding landslide rejection of Republican policies. Team Elephant needs to be humbled badly, they need to be removed from gov't and they need to just go away and decide on a new soul for the conservative movement. The "sell out America for corporate interests" and the "endless warmongering" Pub party platform the past 8 years has to be soundly rejected.

Facetious

Moderated
The "sell out America for corporate interests" and the "endless warmongering" Pub party platform the past 8 years has to be soundly rejected.

Are you suggesting that the democrats are free and clear of investment in the expansion of off shoring over the last decade ? I think that we would have heard all about it if that were the case.

Clinton, during his Presidency, was very instrumental in the offshoring of American Industry in the direction of mainland China, and the Dems and reps, together, supported SHAFTA- GATT -
North American "Free Trade" Agreement -
General Agreement on Tariff & Trade.

There's plenty of dirt to go 'round. ;)

The original founding fathers spent weeks in trying to frame a constitution that would benefit the merchants of those days without pissing off the main population. Is not surprising that today things are so out of control that Obama might win this and go after those so "evil" corporations that he despises so much.

Listen if anyone knows or is trying to collect signatures for a proposal of the multi party system, anti lobbying laws, reform the electoral college vote, you can count me in there, because as long as we are being subject to two options we will always be voting "for the lesser evil of the two" and that is not true democracy, that's manipulation by interest groups.

Sometimes I don't. The person you are voting for can tell you anything but are they really going to make an effort fulfill their promises? Like many politicians they may be running just to get rich. Even the most honorable can lose their way when huge sums of money are involved. Senators and Congressmen can retire after one term with 106% of their salary for life. Not to mention the legal bribery we call lobbying. Having the most votes doesn't mean you canidate will win anyway.........just as Al Gore:yinyang:

607 people have looked at this thread. If that many people switched their votes in Fla 8 years ago, the world would be a much different place.