• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Christmas Dinner: What's on your gay little plates this year?

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i was surprised to find out that people often do prime rib for christmas. i had never heard if it until 2 years ago.

i recently finally tried prime rib out. tender as any meat ive ever tasted but a little lacking in flavour. i prefer my ribeyes kissed with the grill instead. in a similar story, recently our very own Sabrina Deep was at my place again. we got her her very first prime rib when we went out to dinner. she said the same thing as me. tender as hell but eh.

i dont know why, but ham seems to be another popular choice. i always found ham ironic since old testament law said no porky worky.

do you do turkey again? too close to thanksgiving? still got the turkey blues?

we've done goose a couple of times. tricky as a mofo, but very cool shit.

i was planning on doing some roast peking style duck but ive gone veggie (keeping some seafood) so im going to do mostly seafood and veggies this year. and we are doing chinese. im cooking and my girl is helping prepping that shit out. i fucking hate chopping garlic.

on the menu:

fish fillet in black bean sauce
dry sauteed string beans
shrimp or veggie chow mien
tofu and broccoli in brown sauce
steamed rice

how about you? traditional meals? something new? something you'd like but never try?

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
You call OUR plates gay?! Look at your menu first! :kettle:

Anyway, I'll have to work over ze holidays. So I won't cook anything special. I'll pwobably get me a Döner or some Burgers somewhere while at work.

PS: When we be making gay love sexytime, BB? :shy: :iloveyou:

Funny, I'm doing a goose and some prime rib. Cook it correctly, it's packed with flavour.

So, for us,
start with a creamy, butternut squash soup

prime rib
goose
goose-fat fried potato pieces with rosemary
Yorkshire puddings
steamed green beans
quick pickled beets

three kinds of pie with home made vanilla ice cream to finish

:yummie:

No idea. Traditionally my mom always made turkey, my grandmother made bacalao (which is dried cod in tomato sauce with olives, capers, potatoes, and herbs), my great-aunt made romeritos (strips of cactus leaves in black mole with shrimp and rosemary), my aunt made some sort of macaroni salad, and various other relatives made other things, but a Christmas dinner like that hasn't happened in about 15 years.

This year I'm not even sure what I'm doing. I'll probably just end up picking something up from Tommy's Joynt and having dinner with my parents.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Two years ago I fixed a buffalo roast. I'd never had buffalo before but it was pretty good - kind of hard to cook and get it right though. It looks rare even when it's done and that will throw you off. This year a friend gave a recipe for turkey that I'm going to try. You slow cook it for about 4 hours in a crock pot first, then rub it with garlic butter and then put it in the oven to finish cooking it. Just in case I screw up, someone else is bringing roast duck as a Plan B.

jinxypie

Official Checked Star Member
Christmas Eve is my baking day - my favorite day of the year!!! :D I make a ton of cookies and other sweets, while vegetable beef soup cooks in a crock pot all day.

Christmas day, I make a big brunch! This year we're having Eggs Benedict in addition to the regular scrambled eggs, bacon, livermush, sausage, gravy... and this year, I'm making mini doughnuts for a doughnut bar. :) You fry up a bunch of mini doughnuts and have bowls of different toppings to dip them in. Gonna be a fattening good time. ;)

Dinner won't be as exciting as Thanksgiving, in my opinion.
We're doing a brown sugar glazed ham, garlic mashed potatoes (made in the crock pot and OHMYGODSOGOOD!), roasted green beans with parmesan, sweet potato casserole, dressing, broccoli and cheese casserole, and macaroni and cheese. Plus, all the sweets I made on Christmas Eve. Oh, and a HUGE bottle of moscato. ;)

Considering throwing a bird in the oven or smoker, not sure yet. :dunno: I like to have leftovers for a couple days.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
My house for lunch, with my Aunt, VERY thin breaded chicken filets, fried in a little olive oil, a side of pasta with a home made red sauce, and probably spinach, she likes spinach a lot, and a VERY picky eater. She's 86, and isn't adjusting to the fact she can't cook for herself very well. Then for dinner, I'm gonna guess turkey and all of your very standard traditional things with my wife's side...very large group. Most everyone has 2 sides to go to.

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
Christmas Eve is my baking day - my favorite day of the year!!! :D I make a ton of cookies and other sweets, while vegetable beef soup cooks in a crock pot all day.

Christmas day, I make a big brunch! This year we're having Eggs Benedict in addition to the regular scrambled eggs, bacon, livermush, sausage, gravy... and this year, I'm making mini doughnuts for a doughnut bar. :) You fry up a bunch of mini doughnuts and have bowls of different toppings to dip them in. Gonna be a fattening good time. ;)

Dinner won't be as exciting as Thanksgiving, in my opinion.
We're doing a brown sugar glazed ham, garlic mashed potatoes (made in the crock pot and OHMYGODSOGOOD!), roasted green beans with parmesan, sweet potato casserole, dressing, broccoli and cheese casserole, and macaroni and cheese. Plus, all the sweets I made on Christmas Eve. Oh, and a HUGE bottle of moscato. ;)

Considering throwing a bird in the oven or smoker, not sure yet. :dunno: I like to have leftovers for a couple days.

Oh oh, I guess ARy won't be too happy about your spelling of the word donut! :shock: You're 'Merican! Don't let the terrorists win by spelling it doughnut. :D ;)

Anyway, I think the donut think sounds 'mazing!!! :drool2: So does the rest! When can I come over? :)

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Man, all of that stuff sounds good. Christmas for the past several years has been at my brother's house. Never a bird since that is Thanksgiving stuff. It kind of rotates between a crown roast, ham basted in Pepsi (don't knock it till you tried it), a rib roast, or my 3" thick killer lasagna. Sides can be anything but those Grand biscuits are a staple. Deserts are always way too many to even sample them all. My niece makes peanut butter cookies with a Reeses' stuck out of the top. She started making them when she was a teenager and I fell in love with them. For about 20 years running she has a tin just for me. The only gift I will ever want from her.

Anybody coming better get there on time since the shrimp will not last long. My brother and mother-in-law have a cocktail sauce competition going on that still has to be decided.

Christmas Eve is my baking day - my favorite day of the year!!! :D I make a ton of cookies and other sweets,

Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered having a contest like Domino's, where you bake cookies for the winner? I'd love to have some of your cookies. :yummie:

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
I let the women do the cooking in my house.
They're Greek and I'm English. Ever notice how there are never any English restaurants abroad?

Foie gras
Oysters
Roast deer & Duchess potatoes
Bûche

In italic are the things that are specifics to the french cuisine and cannot be translated into english since there are english word for them.

Man, all of that stuff sounds good. Christmas for the past several years has been at my brother's house. Never a bird since that is Thanksgiving stuff. It kind of rotates between a crown roast, ham basted in Pepsi (don't knock it till you tried it), a rib roast, or my 3" thick killer lasagna. Sides can be anything but those Grand biscuits are a staple. Deserts are always way too many to even sample them all. My niece makes peanut butter cookies with a Reeses' stuck out of the top. She started making them when she was a teenager and I fell in love with them. For about 20 years running she has a tin just for me. The only gift I will ever want from her.

Anybody coming better get there on time since the shrimp will not last long. My brother and mother-in-law have a cocktail sauce competition going on that still has to be decided.

I'll be there by 14:00. You better same me some shrimp.

TURKEY, damn it.

At my house we have a meatier plate than most. We stick a joint of pork in the oven too so on the plate there will be slices of pork along with the turkey, as well as sausages wrapped in bacon. And I mean full size sausages wrapped in smoked bacon, not those pathetic pigs-in-blanket things made with chipolatas. I usually have three of them. Stuffing, usually sage and onion and sometimes a sausagemeat one too, although we've had walnut and apple in the past too. Cranberry sauce for the turkey and apple sauce for the pork, if there was any crackling on the pork joint I'll take some of that too. Personally I round my plate off with roast potatoes, carrots and leeks. Sometimes a small roasted onion, and of course gravy.

No one in my household likes Christmas Pud, pretty sure I'm having cheesecake this year.

I let the women do the cooking in my house.
They're Greek and I'm English. Ever notice how there are never any English restaurants abroad?

There used to be an English restaurant not too far from here. It served bangers and mash, shepherd's pie, fish and chips, and such. :)

There is quite a few English style diners/pubs around here. It's fantastic. Some of my favourite places to go. I should mention them in GSB`s restaurant thread.

This is a weird year for the STD family. Quite a few deaths the past year have ended the traditions we've had since I've been a kid. Usually it's turkey dinner Xmas eve with your usual sides. Mash, stuffing, etc. Christmas Day is brunch with weird shit like chicken hearts and pig tails. Yuck. But this year me, my brother and mom are BBQing some steaks. I hope this tradition sticks around for a while.
'

Alyssa Rose

Ham! Mashed potatoes, corn, deviled eggs, black olives.. sooo much more.. YUM!

jinxypie

Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered having a contest like Domino's, where you bake cookies for the winner? I'd love to have some of your cookies. :yummie:

Never thought about it before... :)

Come on down, I'll bake somethin' up for ya.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i got all my dinner stuff earlier today. unfortunately, i found a ton of yummies along the way. i think ill spend the day prepping everything on christmas eve and cook it all on christmas.

but .. what to have on christmas eve?

i heard its a big pizza delivery day. im not getting pizza (not that im opposed to it) but im stumped for what im gonna have.

do you guys do special christmas eve dinners too? or just christmas?