• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

British rock band Oasis returns to glory with Dig Out Your Soul

Man, fuck those guys. They're snobbish pricks, they think they deserve to have the world at their feet, even their road crew are pricks. I worked their show about 4 years ago, and I was disappointed to see that the band that I pretty much idolized when I was a kid were a bunch of self-centered assholes.

Spleen

Banned?
Got the album today, it is a great rock album. Best British album of the year so far no doubt.

I was disappointed to see that the band that I pretty much idolized when I was a kid were a bunch of self-centered assholes.

What else were you expecting? :rolleyes:

I don't give a shit what they are like in person, I don't wanna be their friends, I just want to listen to their music.

If you like British rock, you'll like Oasis. If you like American rock, you'll not care for them as much. That's how I see it. I like one or two Oasis songs (and I am slightly ashamed to say that), but they are really not that good in my opinion. But I can see how they appeal to some.

this album for me gets better and better. its a case of u either love em or hate em. when i was 16 i hated them like alot of people do and just hoped they would be wiped off the face of the earth. Then i heard all this hype about heathen chemistry and on the morning of the release i went and bought the album and was blown away by it. the rest as they say is history!

over here in the UK they were voted 2nd greatest band ever just behind The Beatles..... they cant be that bad can they?

Wern't they beaten by Blur in the british rock band rival between them, and seeing as Blur is making a come back they might have reason to be worried.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Wow! I cant believe I just discovered this thread! :D
Yes, Im born and bred in america and I have to say that they are one of the BEST bands in the world today!
They never sold out or changed for trends....just a genuine, good rock n' roll band. Seen them 7 times and they never dissapoint, they sell out Madison Square Garden everytime they play here which is NOT easy to do if your not a "Big Time" american band. Also....the beatles "rip off" thing to me is laughable at best.....I mean what heavy metal band hasnt ripped off Black Sabbath? :dunno:
They play the biggest shows and venues around the world and always go multiple times platinum every record they release, I mean it isnt like 90% of the rock n roll bands today even go gold!
Noel Gallagher is one of the greatest songwriters of our time, theres no doubt of that!
OK, this american Oasis fan is done extoling the virtues of one the biggest and best bands in the world today!! :glugglug::D