• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

BP Says Cap Fully Closed; No More Oil Flowing

Eu-fucking-reka!!!! They finally figured something out!!!

NEW ORLEANS (CBS) ―
BP says oil has stopped leaking into the Gulf for the first time since April.

BP: New Cap Installed, Further Tests Ahead
(7/13/2010)

BP says oil from its broken well has stopped gushing into the Gulf of Mexico for the first time since April.

The announcement Thursday came after company officials said all valves had been shut on a new cap over the busted well in an experiment to stop the spill.

Kent Wells, a BP PLC vice president, said at a news briefing that oil stopped flowing into the water at 2:25 p.m. CDT.

It was a long-awaited milestone in one of the nation's worst environmental disasters. While not a permanent solution to plug the busted well, the success in capturing the oil spewing out was welcome news.

The cap is not a permanent fix. BP is drilling two relief wells so it can pump mud and cement into the leaking well in hopes of plugging it for good.
Continued at link...
http://wcbstv.com/local/Gulf.Coast.oil.2.1806942.html

Obama shut off the leak. ;)

Facetious

Moderated
Hip Hip Horray for BP ! :party: . . . one of Barack Obama's biggest campaign supporters

(the pro cap & trade corporation that they are) . . . not to worry though, the pro obamites will find some way to qualify the close relations between their potus and the formerly evil big oil entity. :popcorn:

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
And in record time too!

Did they really stop the leak, or did all the oil underneath already fill the waters?

The gulf coast is destroyed thanks to a FOREIGN company and incompetent government. I am not suure you can totally blame Obama but looking back there is a lot of blame to go around(BUSH).

Everyone should take some responibility from the US government to BP and everybody else inbetween , its took far to long to close and if they had no back plan if things went wrong , they shouldnt be drilling for oil....END OFF

They should all just admit they all played a part and compensate the man in the street because they are the one who will end up paying for it in the long run

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
I'm sorry. But the cap in my ass didn't hold back a steady flow of diarrhea. So where's my government bailout????

Why didn't they learn from Kramer...

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
It's just a temporary stop. It's not like Obama has saved the country yet.

I'm so glad George Bush came in and stopped the oil leak. Obama didn't do shit! :mad:

The gulf coast is destroyed thanks to a FOREIGN company and incompetent government. I am not suure you can totally blame Obama but looking back there is a lot of blame to go around(BUSH).

Yeah, see, the only problem was that Obama had been president for a year and a half before the explosion. But no, it's Bush's doing. It's gotta be Bush's doing.

Here's a great article that I'm sure none of you will read. It shows just how much blame rests on President Obama's shoulders. It's from a really Conservative, Right Wing nut job magazine though, The Rolling Stone. So keep that in mind.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/17390/111965?RS_show_page=0 General McChrystal did Obama a huge favor...because of his interview, this article got completely overlooked.

Would this have happened if Bush was serving a third term in office? Absolutely. But he wasn't. Pinning this shit on Bush reminds me of the people who tried to blame Clinton for 9-11.

ANYWAY, this is fucking awesome news and, although I'm incredibly skeptical and still don't want to get my hopes up again, the psychological significance of this alone is something the gulf states need.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
What a bummer because I was looking forward to my yearly forae to the Redneck Rivirara (sorry drunk can';t spell) for my swim in oil