• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Board Rules 2020: YOUR (Our Members) Opinions and Input!

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
FreeOnes cares, and we want you to be happy. As you've been seeing, we've been busy with the new board, new site, and checking in on things YOU guys want to see, be improved upon, and so on. We're here for you guys and we listen so don't be afraid to speak up.

Now that we're coming up for a little air, we're looking to strengthen our community on the board here. This brings us to the (dun dun dun!!), board rules!

This is your guy's chance to chime in on things like attachment limits, consecutive posts, post count spam, image sizes, and so on.

Let me be clear on a couple things though! What isn't going away is any for the obvious reasons are the the rules about harassment, infringing of privacy of members or models, or copyright violations. Promoting your own shit or using your own linking codes, aka abusing our traffic in that manner isn't going anywhere either. Be nice to us. Be nice to our members. We have places where you can submit your links to the model's pages properly, so get straight and we'll help you out with that. No one likes spam.

Anyway, please feel free to discuss your thoughts. We want as many people as we can to have a good time here. Structure is important so you're not weeding through a bunch of spam BS and such. We are happy to get rid of some of the historic, olden time rules that existed which were created with limitations of internet speed, lack of storage, etc.

Please be sure to justify your reasons too so we know where's you're coming from!

DrakeM

Elvis is with us
Please post a link to the rules you want us to comment on. I did look and in my ineptitude I couldn't find anything on the current board about, "things like attachment limits, consecutive posts, post count spam, image sizes, and so on".

My main complaints with the old board are basically solved already:
1. No more 10-minute time limit on post editing - now the more you post the longer you can edit things
2. The rep system was unfair - replaced with reaction score which is basically useless but at least is more fair.

Rules I'd like to see kept in place:
1. No more than 5 links/images posted in any one thread per day, preferably in a single post

Changes I'd like to see:
1. If we have to use the reaction score system, I'd like two additions: Spam and Off-Topic
2. If there still is an automatic censor for links, publish the list of things being censored and give us a thread to complain about its bad behavior

Last edited:
Please post a link to the rules you want us to comment on. I did look and in my ineptitude I couldn't find anything on the current board about, "things like attachment limits, consecutive posts, post count spam, image sizes, and so on".

My main complaints with the old board are basically solved already:
1. No more 10-minute time limit on post editing - now the more you post the longer you can edit things
2. The rep system was unfair - replaced with reaction score which is basically useless but at least is more fair.

Rules I'd like to see kept in place:
1. No more than 5 links/images posted in any one thread per day, preferably in a single post

Changes I'd like to see:
1. If we have to use the reaction score system, I'd like two additions: Spam and Off-Topic
2. If there still is an automatic censor for links, publish the list of things being censored and give us a thread to complain about its bad behavior
The old rules were:
  1. 5 links per thread per 24 hours
  2. 3 attachments per post
  3. Consecutive posts & Post count spam are basically the same thing.
Adam will have to address the list of censored sites. Although, I've noticed some previously censored sites are no longer being censored since we started using Xenforo. I don't know if that is a bug issue, or maybe an admin did that.

luis1972

Proxima Centauri b
The old rules were:
  1. 5 links per thread per 24 hours
  2. 3 attachments per post
  3. Consecutive posts & Post count spam are basically the same thing.
Adam will have to address the list of censored sites. Although, I've noticed some previously censored sites are no longer being censored since we started using Xenforo. I don't know if that is a bug issue, or maybe an admin did that.
Hi, I Think some rules of the old board should remain.
The ones you mentioned were useful mainly to avoid spammers.
My point fo view is that the 1 and 2 should be combined and pics, links or attachments inside a post should have a limit.

Pics + Links + Attachments < Limit, five could be a sound limit.

Some members start threads without a previous search, about issues that have a previous thread and we find in little time abandoned threads with little replies.
Now that this boars search function is not so good as the previous one, the search results are overwhelming. So we could have a rule about this thread posters or a button to report threads and not only posts.

The use of the "bump" posts should be forbidden, if someone want to relive a thread it sould be better to post some useful content and not only a word.

Difference between "Freeones Talk" and "Niche and Fetish corner" should be established.
Regards

Last edited:
My point of view is that the 1 and 2 should be combined and pics, links or attachments inside a post should have a limit.

Some members start threads without a previous search, about issues that have a previous thread and we find in little time abandoned threads with little replies.

Now that this boars search function is not so good as the previous one, the search results are overwhelming. So we could have a rule about this thread posters or a button to report threads and not only posts.

The use of the "bump" posts should be forbidden, if someone want to relive a thread it could be better to post some useful content and not only a word.

Difference between "Freeones Talk" and "Niche and Fetish corner" should be established.
Regards
From what Petra & Adam are saying, the link limit is going to increase. Personally, I think there should be a limit of at least 10.

As for Attachments, I don't mind an increase, but it needs to be done the right way. For example, if the limit is 10, 9 of them should be thumbnails. I am sick of getting reports from members saying, "This guy is posting bunches of super-large images."

Starting threads without a search is nothing new. We're going to have newbies do this, and there are going to be some who don't know how to use the search. We had members under vBulletin with YEARS of experience who were truly horrible at using the search, and it didn't help that the search was a piece of crap. Right now, Xenforo is even worse, but Petra is working on fixing that.

As for "Bump" posts, I've seen it done in threads under Favorite Babes (which is stupid), and most of the time, I've deleted them, but I am firmly against forbidding "Bump" posts in the ID section. Not only do a lot of threads get solved after a Bump, forbidding it would REALLY piss off a LOT of members.

As for trying to establish a difference between Talk & Niche, I don't believe that would work. Most people getting on don't bother with trying to learn how the board works, the rules, etc. Most just want to join and start posting.

luis1972

Proxima Centauri b
From what Petra & Adam are saying, the link limit is going to increase. Personally, I think there should be a limit of at least 10.

As for Attachments, I don't mind an increase, but it needs to be done the right way. For example, if the limit is 10, 9 of them should be thumbnails. I am sick of getting reports from members saying, "This guy is posting bunches of super-large images."
I use a pics hosting site. When I upload the pics, there are options for image size.
Attachments, I believe they are in FO server, and maybe hosting could be a better option for space management.
Regards.

I use a pics hosting site. When I upload the pics, there are options for image size.
Attachments, I believe they are in FO server, and maybe hosting could be a better option for space management.
Regards.
I don't think space management is an issue. You can buy HD's with several terabytes for next to nothing these days.

I don't even know of any manufacturers that still make HD's less than 1 terabyte anymore.

georges

Staff member
I don't think space management is an issue. You can buy HD's with several terabytes for next to nothing these days.

I don't even know of any manufacturers that still make HD's less than 1 terabyte anymore.
I think the strictest minimum is now 2TB

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
My point fo view is that the 1 and 2 should be combined and pics, links or attachments inside a post should have a limit.

The use of the "bump" posts should be forbidden, if someone want to relive a thread it sould be better to post some useful content and not only a word.

Regards
.... And then we have you, Luis and aoc00 posting the same damn pictures over and over again! (n)

(I looked in "Babes in Jeans" in the Fetish and Niche Forum over the last few days.) Same date. Probably within minutes of each other. Duplicate posts. I'm not talking one or two or three of the same pictures. Sometimes four or five of the same pictures in four or five consecutive posts.

I've reported the posts. And hopefully Connor or Supafly or Georges deletes them because Connor did have a closed thread on post count spam.

====

I also take exception to the repetitive posting in the Talk Forum

It's when you fire bomb the board in the late evening / early morning. And bury all the threads below it.

It takes me and the other members God knows how long to find Wmonbear's contest threads ...

I missed voting in Wmonbear's contests. And personally, I lost the status of being a Super Judge because of it.

Last edited:

luis1972

Proxima Centauri b
.... And then we have you, Luis and aoc00 posting the same pictures over and over again! (n)

(I looked in "Babes in Jeans" in the Fetish and Niche Forum over the last few days.) Same date. Probably within minutes of each other. Duplicate posts. I'm not talking one or two or three of the same pictures. Sometime four or five of the same damn pictures in four or five consecutive posts.

I've reported the posts. And hopefully Connor or Supafly or Georges deletes them! Because Connor did have a closed thread on post count spam.

====

It's when you fire bomb the board in the late evening early morning. And bury all the threads below it.

It takes me and the other members God knows how long to find Wmonbears contest threads ....
Good point. Some times there are threads that its title could accommodate the same pics.
For instance "Best tits" it could be natural or fake, so If you find a babe with 'Best fake tits', the pics/links could be posted in Best Tits/Suck/Grab/Cream and so on, except in the thread for "natural titis".
By that reason, I'm suggesting to moderators to merge some threads, so I pretend post only in one of them.
The duplicate posts have their origin in that they were posted in separate threads, when they are merged, the posts are reunited in one thread with the consequential duplicated posts, but that is a collateral effect of the merging.
Regards

luis1972

Proxima Centauri b
It takes me and the other members God knows how long to find Wmonbear's contest threads ...
I missed voting in Wmonbear's contests. And personally, I lost the status of being a Super Judge because of it.
[/QUOTE]

Hi John,
If you use the search option:
1591462773425.png

And write in the box "By: (Member) Wmonbear

1591462824072.png

The results will show you this:

1591462860690.png

14 pages of threads started by the member wmonbear. I think that's what you are looking for.

With the new search function for me it is the opposite feeling. For instance when I look for "beautiful face" in the results the threads by wmonbear, are shown. They are great threads but I could not be interested on them at the moment.
Regards.

luis1972

Proxima Centauri b
Why don't you guys just bookmark your favorite thread(s)?

I have a folder on my bookmarks toolbar with bookmarks of my favorite FreeOnes threads(sections).
Yes, that's a good suggestion. I have in "Watched" the threads which I visit more frequently, and I use the search for other threads not so frequent.
Anyway I will explore the bookmarks option.
Regards

DrakeM

Elvis is with us

Even at 5, navigating the board with tons of embedded and/or linked images is a huge pain in the ass until we get an option to load threads with newest posts at the top instead of the bottom. The more images are added, the harder it is for the board to load threads with first new post accurately loaded at the top of the browser window, i.e. it tries to "jump to new" by default and fails due to miscalculating the size of posts. Put newest post at the top and this huge annoyance goes away. Increasing the link limit from 5 to 10 just makes this problem worse.

Even at 5, navigating the board with tons of embedded and/or linked images is a huge pain in the ass until we get an option to load threads with newest posts at the top instead of the bottom. The more images are added, the harder it is for the board to load threads with first new post accurately loaded at the top of the browser window, i.e. it tries to "jump to new" by default and fails due to miscalculating the size of posts. Put newest post at the top and this huge annoyance goes away. Increasing the link limit from 5 to 10 just makes this problem worse.
I remember that feature under vBulletin and briefly used it a few years back.

Although, it can't be as bad since Xenforo only allows 20 visible posts per page. I had always had 50 per page under vBulletin.

Anyhow, how fast is your internet connection?

DrakeM

Elvis is with us
I remember that feature under vBulletin and briefly used it a few years back.

Although, it can't be as bad since Xenforo only allows 20 visible posts per page. I had always had 50 per page under vBulletin.

Anyhow, how fast is your internet connection?
Internet connection is fast and unlimited, the same can't be said for image hosting sight speeds and Xenforo's inability to cope with image sizes. If sorting by newest isn't possible on Xenforo then tell me and I'll stop asking for it and just get used to useless scrolling on every thread I read and post in.