• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Black-Market Meteorites

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Black-Market Trinkets From Space

Ebay and other Web sites pulse with hundreds of sales pitches. “The pieces below have an exceptional patina,” a site called Star-bits.com said of 10 pictured fragments.

The ads are for chunks of meteorites, bits of asteroids that have fallen from the sky and are as prized by scientists as they are by collectors. As more meteorites have been discovered in recent years, interest in them has flourished and an illegal sales market has boomed — much to the dismay of the people who want to study them and the countries that consider them national treasures.

“It’s a black market,” said Ralph P. Harvey, a geologist at Case Western Reserve University who directs the federal search for meteorites in Antarctica. “It’s as organized as any drug trade and just as illegal.”

Article

“It’s as organized as any drug trade and just as illegal.” :1orglaugh

Finding and selling things that fall from the sky is not illegal. :facepalm:

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
A black market for rocks? I would think that should apply more to the illegal fur trade or the ancient antiquities of the world.

Facetious

Moderated
Article

“It’s as organized as any drug trade and just as illegal.” :1orglaugh

Finding and selling things that fall from the sky is not illegal. :facepalm:

Great article, Will E, the sad truth of the matter is, we the people don't own the air we breathe nor the sky above our heads, the gumment does! Did you know that in many localities throughout America as well as in Europe it is illegal to collect the rainwater that comes out of your own roof downspout? :facepalm:

If you do some research on ''Diamond minerals'' + ''meteorite'', you may find out exactly why the government has their panties in a bunch over this matter. :cool:

*You might also want to research ''G.E.'' + ''diamonds'' ;)

Facetious

Moderated
How could anybody possibly thumbsdown this thread, I found the article to be immensely interesting.

Whoever you are, cease the vendetta at once! :mad: :nono:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
How could anybody possibly thumbsdown this thread, I found the article to be immensely interesting.

Whoever you are, cease the vendetta at once! :mad: :nono:

I did. Because the information is wrong.

“It’s a black market,” said Ralph P. Harvey, a geologist at Case Western Reserve University who directs the federal search for meteorites in Antarctica. “It’s as organized as any drug trade and just as illegal.”

It's not illegal.

I don't see the appeal in paying so much for a rock to own. The novelty of it being extraterrestrial in origin isn't that great for me.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
next thing you'll see is people making plants illegal. oh wait. they did that too.

poor pot. its not your fault you're so damned pretty.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i heard that there was groups of people who go all over the mojave desert and look for meteorites. apparently it was some big dollar stuff.