• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Biggest Set Up : Religion

isnt it funny we are still fighting among the religions? and religion has been the biggest reason for killing,

there is quota from The Movie Troy

"Dont Waste Your Life Following Some Fool's Order"

Can't we just move all the religion bashing threads into one official Bash All Religion thread? I am a non-theist and even I'm getting tired of all this non-theism. :dunno:

Facetious

Moderated
Sorry Jizz, I'm too tired and lazy to seek out the other thread....

I'll take answers from anybody and everybody on this...
How do non theists feel about death... or after death to be more accurate? Could a non theist possibly be open minded to the idea of an afterlife of some sort? I'm not talkin about the concept of a heaven and/or a hell or, ''You've been a bad person, therefore, you will be reincarnated into an arthropod!'', type of scenario. ... I'm just trying to figure out ... does the concept of an afterlife, reincarnation and/or ''eternal life'' require that one actually adhere to a religion and if so, why?

I've always wondered about this, but it seldom ever occurred to me to ask.

How do non theists feel about death... or after death to be more accurate? Could a non theist possibly be open minded to the idea of an afterlife of some sort? I'm not talkin about the concept of a heaven and/or a hell or, ''You've been a bad person, therefore, you will be reincarnated into an arthropod!'', type of scenario. ... I'm just trying to figure out ... does the concept of an afterlife, reincarnation and/or ''eternal life'' require that one actually adhere to a religion and if so, why?

I think it just depends on what type of non theist you ask, of all the Atheists I know, they will all probably tell you there is no afterlife and we just die. I think some Agnostics and other people who just don't follow a specific religion, might borrow their beliefs from several different religions as I did I when I was younger. I was actually a Catholic but I didn't believe in heaven, I thought I was going to come back as a dog or whatever I wanted to be if I was a good person. Now that I'm non-theist I have trouble with the whole "soul" thing, I think once our bodies perish, we perish, but I didn't always believe that and can probably still change my mind if I wanted to. The thing about being Agnostic is that you can form your own beliefs on whatever you want, Agnosticism isn't denying god, but rather being aware that God may or may not exist and you can build your own beliefs based on that, I know Agnostics who borrow stuff like Karma and reincarnation and stuff like that, the point is, is that due to the fact that they don't adhere to one specific religion, they can basically believe whatever they want. I don't really know if I answered your question, it's 5 am here and I'm just sort of rambling, but I hope that made sense :thumbsup:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
:horse: :facepalm:

Biggest set up = this thread :tongue:

Looks more like spam.

I would say religion has in some instances been used more as tool by those seeking to inspire those actively engaging in a conflict that has loftier goals than they are privy to knowing (land, resources, etc), not the actual cause.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Biggest set up is capitalism. Or communism. Or maybe fascism. Whatever.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I believe that it is possible that we have exhausted every possible thread subject and are now just recycling the old ones. This issue has been debated here ad nauseum.

Religion is not the problem. Men are.
Men can't accept that, somewhere, someone is praying a diferent God from the one they pray.

People set up religion as an excuse for war or killing, for the most part religion isn't anything bad. It is (or was) an answer as to why we are here. Thanks to science it may feel dated but hey, to each their own. If you wanna believe that we were created and placed here by a deity, then by all means go ahead.

Other than that, I agree, can't we just place all the religious threads in their own separate board even!? And once a member goes in there, they can't leave it for 5 days!?

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I believe that it is possible that we have exhausted every possible thread subject and are now just recycling the old ones. This issue has been debated here ad nauseum.

Yeah, It all went downhill after the "What hand do you masturbate with?" thread.

Btw, the biggest setup was of a guy named Lee Oswald, not religion.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
:nono:

When they are overstepping their bounds, despotic, and trampling people's rights.

:nono:

It is time to lock this spam thread.

....or, become a Freemason!:D

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!

After death, our brain functions cease to exist and we begin to decay. It is as simple as that.

The biggest set up is movie theatre prices.............or soft shell tacos.