• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Biggest bust in sports history.

Biggest draft bust in sports history. Who is it?

• Sam Bowie

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Michael Olowokandi

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Jamarcus Russell

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Ryan Leaf

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Akili Smith

• Alexandre Daigle

• Brian Lawton

• Steve Chilcott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please discuss)

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The articles I've read are blaming it on him listening to the wrong people; i.e. agents who tried to get too much money. The articles were written recently and he says he is over it and he is happily married, which is good. But still, if you are drafted five times I don't know how you wouldn't take one of the later ones just so you can play in the major leagues. God knows if a NHL team came to me and said "We'll give you twenty bucks and a Snickers if you play goalie for us for one game" that I would jump for it.

Well then he's a Christian. ;) Only person who could say they are at peace with something like that is a Christian. Seriously.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Well then he's a Christian. ;) Only person who could say they are at peace with something like that is a Christian. Seriously.

I'm pretty sure a Buddhist could do it, too. :2 cents:

I'm pretty sure a Buddhist could do it, too. :2 cents:

I suppose. But Tiger's a Buddhist and he is on tape (and I paraphrase) "he (the richest man in sports worth something around a billion) didn't have enough money." ;)

Meh, whatever. Just goes to show you money can't buy happiness - friends, family, self worth, etc..

member984984

Closed Account
Gotta say Ryan Leaf on this one.

Some other notables
Brian Bosworth
Tim Couch
Courtney Brown
Tony Mandarich
Rashaan Salaam
David Carr
Heath Shuler
Ki-Jana Carter
Joey Harrington
Charles Rogers
Michael Westbrook
Lawrence Phillips

NBA
Keith Van Horn
Stromile Swift
Kwame Brown
DaJuan Wagner
Darko Milicic
Shawm Bradley

Gotta say Ryan Leaf on this one.

Some other notables
Brian Bosworth
Tim Couch
Courtney Brown
Tony Mandarich
Rashaan Salaam
David Carr
Heath Shuler
Ki-Jana Carter
Joey Harrington
Charles Rogers
Michael Westbrook
Lawrence Phillips

NBA
Keith Van Horn
Stromile Swift
Kwame Brown
DaJuan Wagner
Darko Milicic
Shawm Bradley

Kind of a shitty list, IMO. Harrrington? Van Horn? Westbrook? Some other guys on there as well that probably shouldn't be. Harrington played with the Lions of all places. You couldn't have expected him to do well there, and he wasn't that bad. Nor was Van Horn. And I don't think anyone really expected much out of Bradley but he was in the league for a while.

for nfl it is Jamarcus. He just did not care even a little bit about being good. He just wanted the money and to drink his codeine drink. That was all that he cared about. Ryan at least tried some to be good. He just did not have the mentallity needed. Jamarcus like I said just did not even try to be good and did not want to be good. He just wanted that big payday.

member984984

Closed Account
Kind of a shitty list, IMO. Harrrington? Van Horn? Westbrook? Some other guys on there as well that probably shouldn't be. Harrington played with the Lions of all places. You couldn't have expected him to do well there, and he wasn't that bad. Nor was Van Horn. And I don't think anyone really expected much out of Bradley but he was in the league for a while.

Shawn Bradley was the number 2 pick in the draft, drafted ahead of Penny Hardaway, Nick Van Exel, Vin Baker, & Allan Houston. He only averaged 8 PPG and 6 Rebounds in his career.

I understand Harrington played for Detroit, but he was still the 3rd pick in the draft, and once he left Detroit the only time he played was in Miami and that was only because Daunte Culpepper was hurt. He hasn't played in a game since 2007

Michael Westbrook had 27 Td's in 7 seasons, and nine of them came in one season. Not very good for the 4th overall pick in the draft

I looked up Van Horn's stats and he did better than I thought, 16PPG for his career. Not a bust but was still not great for somebody who was picked 2nd overall.

I guess there not alot of people here old enough to remember Tony Mandarich. This guy had more hype surrounding him than most everyone else listed here put together. He was selected 2nd in the draft ahead of Hall of Famers Barry Sanders,Derrick Thomas and perennial pro bowlers Andre Rison, Steve Atwater, Deion Sanders, Donnell Woolford, Bobby Humphreys, Eric Metcalf, Trace Armstrong and Wayne Martin. He was listed by most every publication as the greatest lineman ever to come along, on the cover of Sports Illustrated twice and barely lasted 3 years with the Packers. Only Ryan Leafs hype comes close to this level.