• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Biggest bust in sports history.

Biggest draft bust in sports history. Who is it?

• Sam Bowie

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Michael Olowokandi

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Jamarcus Russell

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Ryan Leaf

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Akili Smith

• Alexandre Daigle

• Brian Lawton

• Steve Chilcott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please discuss)

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
For hockey it would be goal tenders Blaine Lacher and Jim Carey people were touting them as the second coming of Ken Dryden, Billy Smith, Ron Hextal, Gerry Cheevers, and Terry Sauchuck. Mind you Lacher was great in college he came out of nowhere from Lake Superior State then went on to play for the Bruins and fell off the face of the earth..Same thing with Jim Carey awsome minor league goalie had a good run with the Capitals but then faded. And another sports bust in hockey was NY Islanders goalie Rick Dipietro, multi million dollar contract for many years and I haven't seen him start a game in a long ass time...Does he even show up for the games???

PlasmaTwa2

And another sports bust in hockey was NY Islanders goalie Rick Dipietro, multi million dollar contract for many years and I haven't seen him start a game in a long ass time...Does he even show up for the games???

DiPietro has been injured for god know's how long. It's kind of dissapointing because when he is healthy he is a number one goalie. Not quite the future of American goaltending like some predicted, but a solid starter.

Thats just not true. Just this week I heard a tape of Todd McShay (sp?) saying back in '07 that JaMarcus had the best workout of any QB he had ever seen.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Thats just not true. Just this week I heard a tape of Todd McShay (sp?) saying back in '07 that JaMarcus had the best workout of any QB he had ever seen.
In terms of draft knowledge:
Mel Kiper Jr. > A block of cheese > Todd McShay

JaMarcus is just another victim of Al Davis' piss-poor football draft decision making. If the Raiders don't take him #1, he wouldn't have made it through the lottery.

The only thing Russell was the victim of was the post game spread, and the 803,892 times he visited per week. You can't be that big, and immobile and not be an offensive lineman.

PlasmaTwa2

Normally I'm not one to bump old threads, but I just read about Matt Harrington; the kid who was drafted five times and never agreed to a contract. He might be the biggest bust in history; he never even signed a contract! Christ, I could maybe understand not wanting to sign with the Rockies or Reds or something, but the fucking Yankees?! And you know what he does now? He works in the tire department at Costco making $11.50 an hour.

Morganna easily.:D
Morganna.jpg

Normally I'm not one to bump old threads, but I just read about Matt Harrington; the kid who was drafted five times and never agreed to a contract. He might be the biggest bust in history; he never even signed a contract! Christ, I could maybe understand not wanting to sign with the Rockies or Reds or something, but the fucking Yankees?! And you know what he does now? He works in the tire department at Costco making $11.50 an hour.

Kid obviously had mental issues or something. Maybe he was...gay?

PlasmaTwa2

Kid obviously had mental issues or something. Maybe he was...gay?

The articles I've read are blaming it on him listening to the wrong people; i.e. agents who tried to get too much money. The articles were written recently and he says he is over it and he is happily married, which is good. But still, if you are drafted five times I don't know how you wouldn't take one of the later ones just so you can play in the major leagues. God knows if a NHL team came to me and said "We'll give you twenty bucks and a Snickers if you play goalie for us for one game" that I would jump for it.