• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best Sports Town?

Best Sports Town?

• Total voters
definitely not my town, that's for sure...i've also been to none of those cities so i can't really comment :dunno:

Ill take my Chicago but Boston is a great sports city also:)

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Not Atlanta

Hmm. This is tough. I want to say Detroit. The Red Wings are always contenders. The Lions are the real deal. The Tigers are contenders. And the Pistons aren't far removed from dominating the Eastern Conference, and are never far from dominating again.

But, at the moment, I think Chicago takes the cake with Detroit a close second. The Bulls, Bears (before injury) and Blackhawks are all top teams and Chicago baseball is what it is.

C

cindy CD/TV

It has to be Boston.

:1orglaugh No. It doesn't. Sorry.

It also isn't Philly.

"New York, New York
I want to wake up
In a city that never sleeps
And find I'm a number one, top of the list
King of the hill, a number one."

-- The Chairman of the Board

Call me biased but I'm going with Chicago.

I say Chicago because we have teams that are rich with history and tradition. The Cubs and Sox were founding teams in their leagues, same for the Bears and Blackhawks and the Bulls have Jordan and the six titles. It's the third largest market and whenever the Bears, Cubs, Bulls or Hawks play they always draw huge ratings.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Moscow

I say Chicago because we have teams that are rich with history and tradition. The Cubs and Sox were founding teams in their leagues, same for the Bears and Blackhawks and the Bulls have Jordan and the six titles. It's the third largest market and whenever the Bears, Cubs, Bulls or Hawks play they always draw huge ratings.

It's Chicago and then Boston a very close second. Never been to Beantown but I know its a crazy sports town. Red Sox baseball is practically a religion over there and the Celtics are a historic franchise

Chicago. Way too many bandwagoners in NY ever to be considered "great." Fuck New York. Boston would be second. These are generally large market picks though. Small market probably Toronto or Minneapolis/St. Paul. The latter also has more colleges per capita than any other large metro in the country and also has the largest state tournament in the entire country. The latter latter also has produced three HOFers for the MLB in the last couple decades and numerous tremendous pro athletes and "America's Coach," Herb Brooks. Teams that don't have the "major four" don't count, IMO.

Hmm. This is tough. I want to say Detroit. The Red Wings are always contenders. The Lions are the real deal. The Tigers are contenders. And the Pistons aren't far removed from dominating the Eastern Conference, and are never far from dominating again.

But, at the moment, I think Chicago takes the cake with Detroit a close second. The Bulls, Bears (before injury) and Blackhawks are all top teams and Chicago baseball is what it is.

:1orglaugh One postseason win in the last 50 years. The only good thing about the Lions, ever, is Barry Sanders. Detroit is also a complete shithole, sorry.

It's Chicago and then Boston a very close second. Never been to Beantown but I know its a crazy sports town. Red Sox baseball is practically a religion over there and the Celtics are a historic franchise

Are you aware of the success of the Boston franchises (especially in the last 10 years)? And Boston fans are just as passionate, if not more, than Chicago fans.

I don't understand how Boston isn't running away with this poll. I don't follow Hockey, so maybe that's where Chicago makes up ground.

Are you aware of the success of the Boston franchises (especially in the last 10 years)? And Boston fans are just as passionate, if not more, than Chicago fans.

I don't understand how Boston isn't running away with this poll. I don't follow Hockey, so maybe that's where Chicago makes up ground.

Boston area does have a shitload of colleges as well, that's for sure. It's close between the Chi and Boston.