• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best Rock & Roll Drummer

Who's the Best Rock & Roll Drummer?

• Stewart Copeland - The Police

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Neil Peart - RUSH

Votes: 39 27.5%
  • Lars Ulrich - Metallica

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Alex Van Halen - Van Halen

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other - explain...

Votes: 78 54.9%

• Total voters

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
How can there be a poll on a question like this? And then only 5 options at that! :rolleyes:

To many good bands and to many good drummers to mention.

Travis Barker without a doubt......i mean how many ways can u make a punk rock song but listen to anything he plays on and there 101 ways with him,and he can play any style drums at all,blues,jazz,metal anything,in my opinion...best drummer of the last 20 years!!

Travis Barker without a doubt......i mean how many ways can u make a punk rock song but listen to anything he plays on and there 101 ways with him,and he can play any style drums at all,blues,jazz,metal anything,in my opinion...best drummer of the last 20 years!!

I do like Travis Barker as well, very talented in mixing genres.

as long as musicianship is not a contest like a marathon or "most spaghettis eaten in 30 minutes" there won't be a winner.

what you can say about musicians is "how complete are they". techniques are just one part. feeling is another one. and don't forget the factor of being "the original, the influence". does the musician play WITH the band? is he able to take himself back when there is no need to be in front of the sound?

and in the end, there are so many different aspects you have to look on between the different styles of music which makes a comparison of musicians nearly impossible.

so just be happy if you find musicians you like and don't try to mess around who's the best of all. that is childish bullshit. there is no best one. there are many great ones. it's allways more entertaining to have a large amount of greatness to choose from.

Violator79

Take a Hit, Spunker!
I do like Travis Barker as well, very talented in mixing genres.

Agreed. My personal favorite is Lars Ulrich but the guy's a douche:thefinger

Yesterday, I saw a special of Keith Moon (The Who.)
Interesting story, unfortunately, he was too much, sex, DRUGS and R&R.
He died too young.

One of the greatest drummer, IMO.

Phil Collins is a great one too.

Facetious

Moderated
Reading through the choices that have been made, it appears as if some of you have incorporated politics in your choice of exactly who's "best". No bias now :1orglaugh You know who you are lol !

It's a simple question :dunno:

Keith Moon is far and away the best; past, present, & future

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
The greatest drummer? Just a man named Neil Peart. There are legends, then there is Keith Moon, but above them all is Peart. I saw Rush play in Regina, and his drum solos blew me away.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Either John Bonham or StEve Adler(Original Gn'R drummer)

I like talent more than speed.

Synthmesc_Droog

Closed Account
Uh, John Bonham anyone? :dunno:

The 15 minute-or-so drum solo during Moby Dick @ the Long Beach Arena back in '72 is outstanding. I believe it's somewhere on "How the West Was Won". :bowdown: :bowdown: