• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best Keyboard/Synth/Piano track ?

Prod3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
Love Michael Pinellas album, Enter By the Twelfth Gate...He is the keyboardist from Symphony X :cool:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Let's revisit this thread.

Traffic John Barleycorn Must Die "Glad"

(Chris Wood on alto saxophone, Steve Winwood on piano, Jim Capaldi on drums.

Last edited:

Prod3

Feel free to check out my Video Game Music Thread:
https://board.freeones.com/showthread.php?951577-Video-Game-Music-that-s-on-your-playlist-(Ongoing)

Lots of that type of music there.

Hmmm, although I do like video game music, and it does fall under the synth category, quite a lot of the older video game music was sequenced on computers.

Ideally, my idea for this thread is about music that has been physically played on synths, keyboards and pianos, by musicians with good musicianship at the forefront. Not sequenced synthesizer music.

With that I give you Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater performing on their track Untethered Angel :)

Last edited:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
How about live performances? 2006? Procol Harum ...

Gary Brooker (piano) and Josh Phillips (organ) with Mark Brzezicki (drums), Geoff Whitehorn (guitar) and Matt Pegg (bass) along with the Danish National Concert Orchestra

Prod3

How about live performances? 2006? Procol Harum ...

Gary Brooker (piano) and Josh Phillips (organ) with Mark Brzezicki (drums), Geoff Whitehorn (guitar) and Matt Pegg (bass) along with the Danish National Concert Orchestra

Good one there...It is very hard to beat the organ solo/hook in A Whiter Shade of Pale! It is a fav of mine! :)

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I usually will not put put up entire albums. But this one is exceptional. (y)

Rick Wakeman The Six Wives of Henry VIII

Hmmm, although I do like video game music, and it does fall under the synth category, quite a lot of the older video game music was sequenced on computers.

Ideally, my idea for this thread is about music that has been physically played on synths, keyboards and pianos, by musicians with good musicianship at the forefront. Not sequenced synthesizer music.
With that I give you Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater performing on their track Untethered Angel :)

A big part of video game music is the live performances though. There are many legit orchestras (Tokyo Symphony among others) which frequently have game music performances, and of course the composers themselves often put on live shows more akin to a rock concert.

Case in point the first post in my thread:

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Yes, Jon Lord is pretty amazing. Here is with the Blues Project and with the Hoochie Coochie Men. A few good musicians whom he spent time with.

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I usually will not put put up entire albums. But this one is exceptional. (y)

Rick Wakeman The Six Wives of Henry VIII

He's got a couple more good ones too. I'm sure your hip to "Journey To The Center Of the Earth". Wakeman is without a doubt in the top 5 for me.