• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best *current* dramatic show on American TV

Best *current* dramatic show on American TV

• Total voters

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I don't watch that much TV any more. But there is a handful of shows that I either watch or that I'm aware of that get a lot of critical acclaim. A good many of them seem to be on AMC these days. I admit that I might have missed some in the poll, so if you have one that I missed, please list it. And please try to limit it to a show that has a good reputation for quality, not just one that is popular.

:hatsoff:

Voted for Braking Bad. I've never really "had a TV show," so to speak. But I've been watching Breaking Bad since the very first episode, which I can't honestly say I've ever done with any show ever before, and likely never will again after it ends. Its, imo, extremely well written, with a unique plot line and really gets the most out of its cast, I've been enthralled with it since I saw the first episode. No other show has ever been able to hold my attention that consistently.

In a way, I'm glad it is ending after 8 more episodes, as it will pretty much solidify it, to me at least, as one of the best TV series ever. The small number of seasons (as well as a small # of episodes per season) and a sooner-than-most-fans-would-prefer end to the show will ensure that they can't get too crazy with it and start writing shows/plots that are just too crazy, and cheapen the show like say, The Simpsons or (from what I've heard at least) Lost.

Weeds is a pretty solid show, too and I would rank that as my #2 on this list. My old lady loves that show, and I kind of got into it here and there, although they did just do their series finale a week or so ago, so, technically, Weeds is no longer a "current" show, but it was a pretty good one.

Rey C.

Ah, I didn't know that Weeds had wrapped up. I watched a few episodes a couple of years ago and liked it, but I didn't get into it enough to keep watching. Same with Dexter. Is Dexter still on?

Ah, I didn't know that Weeds had wrapped up. I watched a few episodes a couple of years ago and liked it, but I didn't get into it enough to keep watching. Same with Dexter. Is Dexter still on?

I think Dexter has at least 2 more seasons. I believe the next season begins towards the end of this month, or beginning of the next. Never seen it, but have only heard good things about it, although the last person I talked to that was a "Dexter" fan said that the plot is beginning to get out of control in certain ways, and making a show that was somewhat implausible to begin with, even more implausible.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
I put in a vote for Walking Dead, though I could see some argue on if it is a drama or horror. Dexter is quite good, though I missed last season since my DVR deemed it no longer existed. I am pretty sure Fringe nor Leverage could be classified as dramas, but I quite enjoy both.

Rey C.

I went with Mad Men, but Boardwalk Empire should have been on the list.

When I thought of this topic yesterday, I had Boardwalk Empire on my mental list - I just watched the premiere Sunday night! Damn, I meant to have it on there! Unfortunately, my mental lists aren't as dependable as they used to be.

None of those, Castle all the way!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Jason - I'm not familiar with that one. But there's a write-in for Castle.

My vote goes to Boss on Starz.I love Breaking Bad,Weeds was great in it's earlier seasons,but tailed of being good,but not great,and the series finale was a disgrace to the show.Dexter has been pretty awesome from the beginning,but it really needs to end now,because it's getting long in the tooth.Walking Dead is good,but it's budget restraints really showed last season.With all of that,Boss is hands down the best written show on TV at the moment.

Shifty

O.G.
Breaking Bad, Dexter and Weeds are great shows. Breaking Bad and Dexter are incredibly well written.

I also enjoy The Walking Dead however I must admit that thus far the series has not met my expectations.

Rey C.

My vote goes to Boss on Starz.I love Breaking Bad,Weeds was great in it's earlier seasons,but tailed of being good,but not great,and the series finale was a disgrace to the show.Dexter has been pretty awesome from the beginning,but it really needs to end now,because it's getting long in the tooth.Walking Dead is good,but it's budget restraints really showed last season.With all of that,Boss is hands down the best written show on TV at the moment.

I caught Boss on a free Starz preview weekend last year. I was instantly hooked, seeing "Frasier" playing that character. With the recent death of a certain major character, I couldn't see how they'd pull it off going forward. But they have and it's even better than ever. Once Breaking Bad ends, I'll be holding onto Boss after that. It really is on the same level (writing and acting wise) as Breaking Bad... just with more bare boobs and sex.