• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best *current* dramatic show on American TV

Best *current* dramatic show on American TV

• Total voters

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
The Mentalist is another show I've recently started to watch.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I voted for Breaking Bad, because Sons Of Anarchy wasn't on the list. I've seen the first four of Breaking, and will catch up with this season...the last I believe...when it's over, although if it had ended at season 4, it would have left me satisfied as a conclusion to a story. I started watching SOA this year on NetFlix, and between that, and Amazon, and my VCR I'm caught up....Tuesday is the season finally, and I hear it's been picked up, but I can't see it being on more then 1 or 2 more years. I believe it's running it's course, and would like to see it end in a good way, on top of it's game, as opposed to dragging out it's life and being disappointing. If it had ended at the conclusion of season 3, it would have ended well. I hope Kurt Sutter (who also plays Otto), can come up with a good ending. I don't need another Sapronos fiasco to piss me off.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.

This has to be one of the biggest travesties in TV that I can remember! :mad: There are rumors that they might do a two hour movie to wrap it up, but that show had at least two more great seasons in the pipe.

I think the main problem was that Starz was the network showing it. I only subscribed to that little joke of a cable network to watch Boss - and now I can't wait to cancel it and tell them why. If Boss had been on HBO or Showtime, I think it would be coming back as a very successful show (in addition to the critical acclaim that it's gotten).

Course, maybe the real problem was that the show was mainly being shown in the U.S. This is a country that's made stars out of retarded people like Sarah P@lin, Snooki and the Real Housewives of ____. So maybe a show that featured great writing, great acting and a plot that was straight out of Shakespeare cannot succeed here. Hell, it even had lots of nudity and some damn near hardcore sex scenes. What more do Americans want???!!! :hairpull:

aesopRock

Closed Account
I don't watch much TV.. so I cannot comment on the shows in the polls. I was surprised by the lack of Game of Thrones, though; it is highly entertaining.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I don't watch much TV.. so I cannot comment on the shows in the polls. I was surprised by the lack of Game of Thrones, though; it is highly entertaining.

Yeah, I had a brainfart when I was making the poll. I really enjoy Game of Thrones... I just forgot to include it in the poll. I left out a couple of others too.

As a side note, I read that the U.S. season premiere of Downton Abbey was one of the highest rated shows on any channel (basic cable, over-air or premium channel) on Sunday evening. I feel like I was a pioneer, being one of the first straight males to (openly) watch the show and become a fan. It's admittedly pretty soap operaish and I do not like aristocrats of any nationality. But there's just something about the show that keeps drawing me back.