• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best cover song

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Grace Potter, Joe Satriani, Steve Kimock, Reed Mathis, Willy Waldman and Stephen Perkins cover Cortez the Killer at the Jammy's.

You can't begin to touch this. Fullstop.

Maybe not a great cover (but still a very good one) but, for sure, one of the best live moment in my life :thumbsup:

Maybe not a great cover (but still a very good one) but, for sure, one of the best live moment in my life :thumbsup:

Cool, but here's a different version. I'm not going to say I like it BETTER (or worse), but I like it DIFFERENTLY.

The original version of 'Maniac' was used in the movie "Flashdance".
...Yeah. I didn't see it either.
This is Evergreen Terrace.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick

Deadsy - "Just Like Heaven" (originally by The Cure)
This version is slowed down. Personally, I like it a lot. I think that doing this slower gave it more feeling, whereas The Cure's version sounded too upbeat, considering the lyrics.
This was on their 1995 demo and was never officially released.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Deadsy - "Just Like Heaven" (originally by The Cure)
This version is slowed down. Personally, I like it a lot. I think that doing this slower gave it more feeling, whereas The Cure's version sounded too upbeat, considering the lyrics.
This was on their 1995 demo and was never officially released.

man i like that version, never heard it.
youve posted some good covers, summer breeze and cross eyed mary are awesome.
this is one of my favorite covers: husker du doing the byrds eight miles high, the original is so good, but this cover is too me powerful and intense, whoever thought screaming could be so artistic.
THIS SONG SHOULD BE PLAYED LOUD

man i like that version, never heard it.
youve posted some good covers, summer breeze and cross eyed mary are awesome.
this is one of my favorite covers: husker du doing the byrds eight miles high, the original is so good, but this cover is too me powerful and intense, whoever thought screaming could be so artistic.
THIS SONG SHOULD BE PLAYED LOUD

:hatsoff: Thanks dude!
:glugglug: Damn cool version there!

...and here's Anthrax covering Husker Du :D
This was a bonus track on the re-issue of Stomp 442 (1995)