• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ban hugs, cupcakes, and party invitations.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Maryland school district bans hugs, party invitations and birthday cake in post-Sandy Hook overhaul of security policies

As schools across the country tighten security in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook massacre, one Maryland school district is taking it to the extreme, banning everything from hugs to birthday cake. St. Mary's County adopted the new security measures in its 17 public schools in the aftermath of the shooting in Newtown, Conn. that left 20 school children dead as well as six adults.The new policy is meant to protect against a number of potential threats to children's safety, including food allergies, inappropriate contact between adults and minors, and even hurt feelings.

'We think it’s the right balance between safety and parental involvement,' Kelley Hall, the district's executive director of elementary schools, told Southern Maryland Newspapers. Specifically, the rules ban hugs between children and adults who aren't their parents, limit sibling visits during the school day, and prohibit kids from sharing baked goods or giving out birthday invitations at school.

Impromptu teacher-parent conferences are also banned in the new policy.
Referring to the rule regarding party invitations, Hall said, 'If there are 20 individuals in the class and someone brings in seven birthday invitations, it was creating an academic disruption. People were getting their feelings hurt."

School board member Cathy Allen said she thinks the new rules are 'horrible' and will have the unwanted effect of discouraging parents from volunteering at the school. 'The idea that you can’t go into a school and be hugged by a child, or go in [to] have lunch or be out on the playground and that you can only push the swing for your child and no one else' is unacceptable, she told NBC News.

But in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook massacre, 'everybody's anxiety is high' and the rules help to assuage parent's worst fears when they send their kids off to school every morning, said school board member Mary Washington. 'We are entrusted to protect all our students,' Washington said.
The school board was considering the new guidelines prior to the Sandy Hook tragedy, and then decided to implement them in its aftermath. School officials say they are not final - even though they are already in place - and that they are looking for feedback from parents.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Why don't they just keep every kid home, and do it through a live feed on the internet....this way a kid can have a PB&J for lunch, without having to worry his little friend in the next desk will have an allergic attack, and die.

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
Why don't they just keep every kid home, and do it through a live feed on the internet....this way a kid can have a PB&J for lunch, without having to worry his little friend in the next desk will have an allergic attack, and die.
It's not just what the teacher teaches in school, but what the other kids teach.
Also, if you stopped kids going to school, then where would I put my hidden cameras?

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Cupcakes should be banned. Cupcakes are for the narrow-minded, for the ignorant, for the ultra-religious.

bahodeme

Closed Account
If growing up you do not experience some adversity and use it to learn proper coping skills/habits, what happens as a teenager/young adult when you experience the first time? Probaly by becoming what they are trying to avoid by these actions.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Impromptu teacher-parent conferences are also banned in the new policy.

Did you pick up on that? I can't stop in to have a word with my kid's teacher when I pick them up from school. Bullshit. I pay to have those doors opening every day and your salaries.